Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette FPR Filter Connection. Will This Work? (Pic Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Corvette FPR Filter Connection. Will This Work? (Pic Inside)

OK, so I'm trying to figure out how to hook up the Vette fuel filter regulator on my 97 Z28 w/LS1 Swap. Eventually I want to locate CFPR in the stock fbody filter location, but can anyone see why this wouldn't work for the time being (see pic)? The housing on the VFPR has a ground strap, if this works, should I ground that strap to the chassis, and is it necessary?

Oh, and it doesn't show it in this pic, but this setup clears the coil packs on the valvecovers too.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions with this.

Mike
Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see why it wouldn't work that way. It sticks out like a sore thumb, though.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question, are you replacing the 97 return style fuel rail with a aftermarket returnless fuel rail ? and is that single tube coming from the left/fuel rail the fuel rail feed inlet ? would be helpfull to get all of the information in the question.

The Vette FPR has three port/tubes..the input and return are on one side and with the ouplet by itself.. so. I guess in theory and technically, YES it should work providing you are connecting the correct feel, return, output ports and that the F-Body OEM disconnect connector will seal (I beleive they should).

But will it work with how your configuring it.. I guess it shouldn't be a probelm, but let us know what you find out once you start it up.

As far as teh ground strap, I have nerver read anything about the ground strap really being needed, but if its there.. I would use it. Just ground it to a good Body or Chassis location.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It will work, Why not just use some compression fittings and mount it in the rear and get it over with the first time...
Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bczee
Question, are you replacing the 97 return style fuel rail with a aftermarket returnless fuel rail ? and is that single tube coming from the left/fuel rail the fuel rail feed inlet ? would be helpfull to get all of the information in the question.
Sorry, thought I mentioned that it was an LT1 to LS1 swap in my first post. Yes I'm replacing the factory LT1 return style rail with the factory LS1 dead-head type fuel rail.

Again, this is a semi-temporary solution. I ordered some fuel fittings and they were not the correct ones, so none of the fittings are gonna work. I'm getting close to starting the car and don't want to wait to order the new fittings. Besides, it'll give me something to work on this winter lol....

Mike
Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

i'm using compression fittings on mine
Old 10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, What Carshop is saying..

Do away with using the return line from the fuel rail to the tank return port/tube.

Cut the feed line near the tank. Insert the FPR and just run the return back into the tank. This will shorten the Return line and only required the one feed from the tank to the FRP and then to the Fuel Rail.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just use a 97-98 vette rail.

Ryan
Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks to me like it should work just fine as a short term solution - but...

(Beginning devil's advocate/"nervous Nellie" mode) I definitely wouldn't want to run it that way for any real length of time, just on the off-chance that a leak developed - at around 61 psi, a fuel leak right over the headers there has the potential to be really ugly REALLY quickly...

Guess I'm saying that it should work, but it's def. not optimal.

Just my 2c, good luck.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow
I would just use a 97-98 vette rail.

Ryan
What he said. That way there will be no need to run the corvette FPR and will look factory stock.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

OK after some research it looks like your running an L76 intake so I dont think the LS1 fuel rail will work. I would suggest you just wait for your fittings to show up and run it the correct way. JMHO.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

I would avoid hanging the FPR on the fuel rail unless you plan on some sort of support bracket fastened to the motor. Maybe that's obvious; just thought I'd mention it.

Andy1

Quick Reply: Corvette FPR Filter Connection. Will This Work? (Pic Inside)