OU over OSU in Stillwater (i.e. BCS mess continues)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default OU over OSU in Stillwater (i.e. BCS mess continues)

So.... All you UT fans. What did you think of the game? I had to listen to it on yahoo streaming since I'm in India, but wanna speculate or anything?

Sounds like it was a damned tight game until the last 4-5 minutes.

D
Old 11-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did I think of the OU/OSU game? OU didn't do enough to separate themselves and make a statement that they are the hands down better team between them and Texas. They gave up 41 points to OSU and it was give and take the whole way. Neither team could stop the other. OU's defense is not good.

My take: a damn good team (Texas or OU) is going to be left out of the Big 12 CCG. IMO it's down to two teams and there are valid points for both teams. When it all comes down to it it should come down to the head to the head game between the two teams, and Texas should be selected to be the South representative by the narrowest of margins based on beating OU. However, if either Texas or OU should lose to Missouri, they should be in line to go to the NCG, most likely against Florida. IMO neither Texas or OU has anything for Florida.

Last edited by mmiller; 11-30-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

werd, it was a score by score game....

separated by minuscule mistakes throughout the game (mainly the end).

we'll see how the human voters viewed it though by tomorrow
Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 AM
11 Second Club

How about the scoreboards? For the portion ofthe schedule that UT/OU shared (minus each other), UT scored 190 points and allowed 104, where OU scored 225 and allowed 97. Should this be considered? Where OUs toughest challenge was the KU game where they only won by 17, where UTs toughest was OSU where UT won by 4. (games included were Baylor, KU, A&M, TT & OSU for the purposes of this question). Since a playoff isn't in the cards any time soon, what is the opinion of holding the big-12 off a week or two and allowing the said tied teams to challenge eachother AGAIN? Obviously this won't happen this year, next and probably not the year after. Guess this would be a mini-playoff... No doubt ALL three teams showed tremendous athletic skills to achieve 11-1 seasons and yes, unfair that 1 if not 2 will be out of BCS bowls. Congratulations to all fans of these three teams no matter what plays out.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Main reason i like NFL better
Old 11-30-2008, 03:57 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets go BSU!!! F the buckeyes, I want my bowl game

OU/OSU game was turd to watch for me, back and forth scoring is junk.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:19 AM
11 Second Club

45-35
39-33
65-21
Old 11-30-2008, 04:40 AM
TECH Addict

OU creates a much better match up against Florida in my opinion. Texas did beat OU yes, Texas lost to Tech in Lubbock by a small margin. OU kicks the **** out of Tech in Norman. Okie State loses a close game in Austin. OU goes into Stillwater and eventually puts away Okie State handily. And UT does it's job by crushing the Aggies. OU just had a stronger schedule, that's why you need to love your enemies the weeks your team is not playing them. It makes your team look better in the end, granted your team defeats them when they are head to head.

The big picture is one way or the other 2 schools will be left out in the cold and the shitty BCS will go on.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:12 AM
11 Second Club

still hoping for the Alabama loss and OU/UT repeat....
Old 11-30-2008, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

OU had the last stage, even though they did score 61 pts, they gave up 41, their defense was suspect at the beginning of the year and then played well, but really didn't show up for 3 qtrs of the game. It will be close, either way the winner wil represent well in the NCG and the left out party will represent well in the Fiesta Bowl. It's a shame it comes down to the human pollster's, but it is what it is. I hope UT gets the nod, but the system is what sux, not the teams. Both teams deserve it, I think UT should get it for the head to head, but we will see tonight.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:01 AM
9 Second Club

OSU sucked as usual.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Duffster
yes, unfair that 1 if not 2 will be out of BCS bowls.
If they both finish in the top 4. They're both going to a BCS game, guaranteed .
Old 11-30-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

still hoping for the Alabama loss and OU/UT repeat....
I can almost guarantee an Alabama loss, but then Florida will leep frog and be in the championship game
Old 11-30-2008, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

How about the scoreboards? For the portion ofthe schedule that UT/OU shared (minus each other), UT scored 190 points and allowed 104, where OU scored 225 and allowed 97. Should this be considered? Where OUs toughest challenge was the KU game where they only won by 17, where UTs toughest was OSU where UT won by 4. (games included were Baylor, KU, A&M, TT & OSU for the purposes of this question). Since a playoff isn't in the cards any time soon, what is the opinion of holding the big-12 off a week or two and allowing the said tied teams to challenge eachother AGAIN? Obviously this won't happen this year, next and probably not the year after. Guess this would be a mini-playoff... No doubt ALL three teams showed tremendous athletic skills to achieve 11-1 seasons and yes, unfair that 1 if not 2 will be out of BCS bowls. Congratulations to all fans of these three teams no matter what plays out.
Stoops likes to run up the score, it shouldnt make too much of a difference. Brown always puts in the 2nd string once its safe to avoid injuries and practice more etc.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

a playoff system would still be nice
Old 11-30-2008, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
OU creates a much better match up against Florida in my opinion. Texas did beat OU yes, Texas lost to Tech in Lubbock by a small margin. OU kicks the **** out of Tech in Norman. Okie State loses a close game in Austin. OU goes into Stillwater and eventually puts away Okie State handily. And UT does it's job by crushing the Aggies. OU just had a stronger schedule, that's why you need to love your enemies the weeks your team is not playing them. It makes your team look better in the end, granted your team defeats them when they are head to head.

The big picture is one way or the other 2 schools will be left out in the cold and the shitty BCS will go on.
First let me say Congrats to OU for getting their chance.
The OU, TT score versus the UT, TT score is very misleading because we played TT after a very tough 4 weeks which will take its toll on anybody. OU played TT after 1 ranked team and them having a week off to prepare for them. lets see OU TT anybody play that 4 game schedule without a loss. Another bad thing is Stoops loves to run the score up by passing with the first string until the end of the game and Mac always pulls the first team early and runs the ball when ahead. just a few differances I would be willing to bet if we met TT or OU again we would post double didget wins on both.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

I believe Sam Bradford just wrapped up the Heisman with this play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l01VR...eature=related

On another note, I am shopping for mmiller's new OU Sooner Avatar. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
I believe Sam Bradford just wrapped up the Heisman with this play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l01VR...eature=related

On another note, I am shopping for mmiller's new OU Sooner Avatar. Anyone have any suggestions?
So wait.. since he got hit in the air, and flipped... he wrapped up the heisman?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Banned

mmiller, your new avatar....wear it with pride!

BOOMER SOONER!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the national championship game is in dolphin stadium in florida, no big 12 team has a good chance against a home team playing a national championship with a stadium filled to capacity with the florida fans. anyone else think thats a little bullshit?