Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Southern New Jersey - what's it like?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Default Southern New Jersey - what's it like?

I have a job offer in southern Jersey I'm seriously considering and am wondering what it's like?

What's housing like?

Many/any fbodies?

All comments welcome.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well your starters the ATco 1/4 mile is there, youy have jersey shore, philly is close by and NYC is not a far drive. Whereabout is this job you might get?

I grew up in jersey and would not ever move back there unless I was making a *** load of cash. Its expensive to live there, insurance and taxes are through the roof.

There are much better places to live and I think the biggest mistake I made was moving from the southern states back up here to new york, its so much better down there.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
Well your starters the ATco 1/4 mile is there, youy have jersey shore, philly is close by and NYC is not a far drive. Whereabout is this job you might get?

I grew up in jersey and would not ever move back there unless I was making a *** load of cash. Its expensive to live there, insurance and taxes are through the roof.

There are much better places to live and I think the biggest mistake I made was moving from the southern states back up here to new york, its so much better down there.
i agree i feel jersey is boring as hell atleast where i am only thing to do is beach and go to the track. o and baseball. but after college im movin south somewhere in the carolinas
Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 208 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A

I have a job offer in southern Jersey I'm seriously considering and am wondering what it's like?

What's housing like?

Many/any fbodies?

All comments welcome.
Do you have a town name or county? Southern NJ can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different ppl
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cdubbzz
Do you have a town name or county? Southern NJ can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different ppl
yea considering the trenton area in mercer county is considered south jersey
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28rob18
yea considering the trenton area in mercer county is considered south jersey
Trenton isn't south jersey, a least not to me.

There isn't much to do in South Jersey besides Atco or the beach. There is the new road course down the street from me, but it's more like a country club. They only have so many races that a spectator events. Philly isn't to far, and New York isn't that bad to get to depending on what part of SJ your in.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackBADaSS02

There isn't much to do in South Jersey besides Atco or the beach. There is the new road course down the street from me, but it's more like a country club. They only have so many races that a spectator events. Philly isn't to far, and New York isn't that bad to get to depending on what part of SJ your in.
i live in hamilton and were considered south jersey id consider us central but for all the school sports and everything were south jersey
Old 12-11-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28rob18
i live in hamilton and were considered south jersey id consider us central but for all the school sports and everything were south jersey
Hamilton is Central Jersey man. Not to be confused with South Jersey. As for living here, expect high taxes, and high cost of living. The pros (depending on how far south you're talking, burlington/ocean county) are you're close to philly and a little over an hour/half to NYC. Shore is close as well, good location as you're in between two major metropolitan areas. However some areas of South Jersey are very rural and very hickish, it all depends on the town/area. Hope that helps.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackBADaSS02

Lol anytime you're in jersey and you like Philly teams and/or you say some of the following: "Any Huue" "Houme" "Phoune" You're from south jersey
Old 12-11-2008, 01:32 PM
CARTEK Racing

what's south Jersey like?

have you ever seen Deliverance?

j/k

:dueling banjos:
Old 12-11-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by brad8266
Pittman

Well at least their is a track and a beach.

Thanks for the comments so far.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

That is the biggest bs ive ever heard. SJ is nothing like they described it. I live in real south jersey, 5 mins outside of atlantic city. Every state has a rural area. Western pa, northern ny, get my point. thats like me saying that all of north jersey looks like a war torn ghetto. South jersey is like a suburb to a city, and thats the best way i can describe it. They were right when they said it is overpriced though. Just dont go to a beach in nj , you might get stuck with a crack needle. It cracks me up how people from north nj make fun of the way people talk in sj. Its like they cant hear themselves. lol, its the funniest accent. They stole it from boston and ny. Anyway , in south jersey we talk normal not like hill billies.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
It cracks me up how people from north nj make fun of the way people talk in sj. Its like they cant hear themselves. lol, its the funniest accent. They stole it from boston and ny. Anyway , in south jersey we talk normal not like hill billies.
True!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hell I was HOPING folks in SJ did talk like Hillbilly's cause then I'd fit right in. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

pitman?? as in next to glassboro?? either way it doesnt matter. jersey sucks.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:07 AM
12 Second Club

ehh just move to MD we have a couple of tracks here
Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
9 Second Club

Yo how can all you jersey ppl hate on jersey like that? I love where i live, Granted its not the hick south jersey, and yes, southwest NJ is HICK AS ****, and the definatly talk funny, but still. Having a racetrack and a beach within a half hour is like a gift from god. Im from central/north jersey and have a house down the shore, and right now i live in philly but can tell you im goin back to NJ for sure. But a huge question is where in south jersey do you wanto live, some places i wouldnt ever consider living.

BY THE WAY. Dont you south jersey people think we steal an accent from NYC/Boston (and its only NYC... bostons nothing like how we talk) and think your unique. Your accents from philly and theres NO denying that.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragkid1917
Yo how can all you jersey ppl hate on jersey like that? I love where i live, Granted its not the hick south jersey, and yes, southwest NJ is HICK AS ****, and the definatly talk funny, but still. Having a racetrack and a beach within a half hour is like a gift from god. Im from central/north jersey and have a house down the shore, and right now i live in philly but can tell you im goin back to NJ for sure. But a huge question is where in south jersey do you wanto live, some places i wouldnt ever consider living.

BY THE WAY. Dont you south jersey people think we steal an accent from NYC/Boston (and its only NYC... bostons nothing like how we talk) and think your unique. Your accents from philly and theres NO denying that.

Its all fun and game. Just bustin *****. I dont have anything against people from north jersey. Just defending my peeps from down south. I doo like nj , but it is 1 corrupt *** state. Not to mention the govt in nj is too big, thus the high taxes.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think jersey is boring as ****. but who knows everywhere's else could be worse cuz its true having a beach and track near by is nice. not only just a track a track with magical air
Old 12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

yhea deffy true... people complain around me and im like... listen... imagine if you grew up in central PA (not hating... could be wyoming too) where there was NO ONE around???.... talk to me about being bored now.... We have it better off then we think...

+5 on atco's magical air!!!