Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger F1c kit for f body.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger F1c kit for f body.......

Does it exist, or do you have to make your own and just get the head unit?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Banned

same question...

Id be nice if i could buy the kit new. with cog and sprag. rather than piece it together.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798

I have the F-1C option listed at the above link. Bob
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this something that has to be installed at your shop? I haven't seen a kit anywhere else for this kind of setup. Also, out of cars that have this kit do any of them happen to have a 408, and if so what kind of power with 15 to 20 PSI?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah, and out of the different F-1 models, what are pro's and cons between them? I have been on their site, and seen the chart that lists specs, but do not see a lot of major differences.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:45 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by exodus
Is this something that has to be installed at your shop? I haven't seen a kit anywhere else for this kind of setup. Also, out of cars that have this kit do any of them happen to have a 408, and if so what kind of power with 15 to 20 PSI?
No it doesn't have to be installed at our shop, but modifications need to be done in order for an F-1C to be able to fit. You would either need to lose your ac condenser and move the bottom of the radiator into the condensers location, or cut the bottom radiator/condenser mount loose and move it forward.
A 408 is going to basically make the same kind of power with an F-1C in the 18 to 20 psi range as it would with an F-1A. My Camaro with it's 408 showed 834 rwhp with a powerglide and a 5000 stall converter at 19 psi of boost.
The Corvette C5 kits offer an F-1C as an option from ProCharger.

Originally Posted by exodus
Oh yeah, and out of the different F-1 models, what are pro's and cons between them? I have been on their site, and seen the chart that lists specs, but do not see a lot of major differences.
The larger blowers require a little more power from the engine to turn them.
The F series of blowers use a 5.40/1 gear ratio instead of the P and D series 4.10/1 gear ratio. What this means is that a 4.50 pulley on an F series blower is going to spin the blower a lot faster than it would on a P/D series. The F-1A has the same 9.00 volute diameter as the P and D series, the F-1C and F-1R have a larger 9.75 volute diameter. The F-1C and F-1R share the same blower case, just as the P-1SC and D-1SC do. The F-1C/F-1R are a little longer than the smaller blowers. The F-1C/F-1R use a .25" larger inlet on them, so a different silicone connection needs to be used with them. Bob
Old 12-16-2008, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i have the F1C on my car with the stock radiator, a/c, traction control, and cruise. i have a custom fmic, but the standard twins would work. its a 346 going through a 4l80e, ORY, and 4 inch catback, street driven weekly.
the F1C has a larger inlet than the D1SC or the F1A, and therefore connot use the air intake tube that is supplied with the kit. this is the only major drawback of the F1C. other than that it works real well.
as Bob said, a 408 with the F blower should have no problem with 800 rwhp.

I have this setup on my car so if you guys need info feel free to call me. i know all the parts you would need.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

The F series will use the same bracket as the p/d series blowers, but it should be braced. unfortunatly you have to lose the front sway bar to install the brace. The F series will fit, but you cannot run an intake filter without severe modification to the radatior support/radiator and/or A/C condenser. Best bet is to stick with the D1SC series or run the F1a.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

What will the F-1A make at the 15-20 psi range vs the f-1c? Also for this application for me the a/c will be delete, and there will be no front sway bar as well.

Most of the reason that I ask about needing to be at the shop is that I am in the military and stationed in TX, and will be in Iraq for the next year. I plan on doing the build when I return, and may have some trouble getting the chance to get it there. If I can I would like to do the build here in TX, and am kind of keen on the idea of doing it here myself, but I want to make sure that the setup is right.

Quick Reply: Procharger F1c kit for f body.......