LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

this car is turning into a real piece of shit

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this car is turning into a real piece of ****

ok so in about 3 weeks time ive had to take it the dealer for the same problem. first time it was a maf sensor code and they replaced the sensor, second time it was mas sensor code again and they replaced accel pedal, now today the light goes on and it goes into limp mode again. I can only guess what it is this time, i dont get it why does this **** keep happening.. but since the dealer i bought it from is like 30 mins away i take to a huge *** chevy dealer but i figure their all gm and they still fix it under warranty. you think it makes a difference on what dealer i take it to? anyone familar with the lemon law because this is the third dealer's attempt to fix, but its not the dealer i bought it from so i wonder how that would work lol....
Old 12-13-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

its an 08 gxp by the way at 29k miles
Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dealer you bought it from should have no relevance as long as it's a GM dealer. I don't know where you're from, but here in PA, for it fall under the lemon law the problem has to occur and not be fixed after 3 attempts within the first 12,000 miles or if it's in the shop for 30 or more days during the first year. Although, depending on the circumstances you're not necessarily always SOL.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigalnash
ok so in about 3 weeks time ive had to take it the dealer for the same problem. first time it was a maf sensor code and they replaced the sensor, second time it was mas sensor code again and they replaced accel pedal, now today the light goes on and it goes into limp mode again. I can only guess what it is this time, i dont get it why does this **** keep happening.. but since the dealer i bought it from is like 30 mins away i take to a huge *** chevy dealer but i figure their all gm and they still fix it under warranty. you think it makes a difference on what dealer i take it to? anyone familar with the lemon law because this is the third dealer's attempt to fix, but its not the dealer i bought it from so i wonder how that would work lol....
The car is not the POS--It sounds like the Techs working on the car don't know what they are doing. That is the bad thing about Dealership Techs, they can only go by what they learned and that is go with what the books tells them. You will find alot of time that the dealership just throws parts at a car until it is fixed.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

just keep bringing it in if youre under warranty. after a few times with no fix ask to speak with the service supervisor.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

its not the cars fault they can't fix the problem.. I guess you need to learn about cars so you can fix it yourself.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

as for the lemon law, the 3 times for the same problem issue...

better see how they documented it in their computer system....

cuz if it's in there as #1 - bad MAF sensor, then #2 - faulty accelerator pedal sensor, etc etc... well, that's only 1 occurance of 2 separate problems... not 2 occurances of the same single MAF code / limp-mode problem...

see what the laws are for your state, how many times it has to be "repaired" for the "same" problem - some states are 4 times - and in what timeframe that all has to occur...

http://www.lemonlaw.org/

this is what it is for CT:

The Connecticut lemon law establishes a presumption that a reasonable number of attempts has been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if any of the following occurs:

1. During the period of two years following the date of the motor vehicles original delivery to a consumer or the first 24,000 miles of operation, whichever occurs first, either:

• the same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the
manufacturer, its agents or authorized dealers, but the nonconformity continues to exist; or

• the motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 30 or
more calendar days.

2. Within the express warranty term or during the period of one year following the date of the motor vehicles original delivery to a consumer whichever occurs first:

• the vehicle has a nonconformity that results in a condition likely to cause death or
serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven;

• the nonconformity has been subject to repair at least twice by the manufacturer, its
agents or authorized dealers; and

• the nonconformity continues to exist.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-14-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
as for the lemon law, the 3 times for the same problem issue...

better see how they documented it in their computer system....

cuz if it's in there as #1 - bad MAF sensor, then #2 - faulty accelerator pedal sensor, etc etc... well, that's only 1 occurance of 2 separate problems... not 2 occurances of the same single MAF code / limp-mode problem...

true, but the two times ive taken it in so far its been the maf sensor they just different stuff to replace it, first time they replaced the sensor cuz it gave maf sensor code, second time it gave maf sensor code again and they told me they called gm and they told them to replace the accelerator because in some cases it causes the maf to go bad, so its been the same problem twice they just took a different action to try and fix it.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

wierd... wouldn't see how the accelerator would cause the MAF to go bad... if it was the accelerator/actuator sensor, they have their own separate set of codes...

what are the exact trouble codes you're getting??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

not really sure the dealer told me the same code as last time which was the maf sensor so when i take it tommorow morning if its the same thing we'll see, the accel pedal probably didnt fix , they probably turned the engine light thing off after and it just came on its on again, probably didnt fix it the first time either ... yuck
Old 12-15-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

update ok so i took it to the dealer same thing it was the maf code again, they called gm and they told them to replace to the fuel pressure sensor. so we'll see how this goes...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

scratch that as soon as i drove it far an hour after it got out of the dealership the same thing happend again...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

its probably an ecm, a wire got scorched/loose, or somethin.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

maybe but dont you think the dealership would have noticed or figured that the fourth time i took it in to them?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

ask for a whole new wiring harness. they might give it to you since its your millionth visit plus they are too lazy to trace usually.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds to me that your dealership has parts changers not mechanics
take it to another dealership!!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Launching!

went to my dealer tonight to have them look at an idler they replaced when i was under warranty. they said they did not replace that one but another one even tho i know 100% its the same one. Told them to screw and said ill fix it myself. They were like dont screw anything up and i was like lol cant screw it up worse than u morons and left. Simple idler just didnt feel like doing it cuz it was replaced 6mo ago. So i guess il do it tom. Stupid half *** dealer mechanics
Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok so they FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! it was the ecm there was some loose wires that was hitting the metal on the car and causes the engine light to come, i contacted a lawyer about it and she said we have a case against gm under the maguson vs moss warranty act not the dealers fault but the manufacturer so now its bigalnash vs gm, i told her the guy fixed it today and she said it doesnt matter. so now appearently if we win this case im getting some sort of settlement out of this?15-30% of retail. my car is took a dump and im getting paid
Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigalnash
ok so they FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! it was the ecm there was some loose wires that was hitting the metal on the car and causes the engine light to come, i contacted a lawyer about it and she said we have a case against gm under the maguson vs moss warranty act not the dealers fault but the manufacturer so now its bigalnash vs gm, i told her the guy fixed it today and she said it doesnt matter. so now appearently if we win this case im getting some sort of settlement out of this?15-30% of retail. my car is took a dump and im getting paid
So let me get this straight. The dealer managed to **** up figuring out the problem a few times but finally got their head out of their *** and fixed it and you're suing a GM over this? Maybe if you had gotten off your *** and gone to the Pontiac dealer the first time (you know they'll give a loaner under warranty, so you just drive it in, get the loaner and roll) this wouldn't have happened.

I hope your case gets thrown out of court and you get hit with a legal bill. I can't believe you're ******* suing GM over the fact that idiot kid the dealer hired was too dumb to fix it. Sell the GXP and buy a damn Honda, you can help out the Big 3 by devoting your attention to trying to **** the Asian 3 over as opposed to the domestic auto industry.

<This line wasn't needed to say the least>

Last edited by 05CherryGXP; 12-16-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
So let me get this straight. The dealer managed to **** up figuring out the problem a few times but finally got their head out of their *** and fixed it and you're suing a GM over this? Maybe if you had gotten off your *** and gone to the Pontiac dealer the first time (you know they'll give a loaner under warranty, so you just drive it in, get the loaner and roll) this wouldn't have happened.

I hope your case gets thrown out of court and you get hit with a legal bill. I can't believe you're ******* suing GM over the fact that idiot kid the dealer hired was too dumb to fix it. Sell the GXP and buy a damn Honda, you can help out the Big 3 by devoting your attention to trying to **** the Asian 3 over as opposed to the domestic auto industry.

******* scumbag.
DUDE RELAX! TAKE A BREATH, NO NEED TO BE AN ******* HERE! It doesn't matter what GM dealer he took it into for warranty repair. What matters is the fact that they couldn't fix it after 4 try's! GO **** YOURSELF IF YOU CANT FIGURE ALL THIS **** OUT, HE EXPLAINED ALL OF IT CLEARLY, AT LEAST TO A NORMAL HUMAN! THEY WILL ONLY GIVE OUT A LOANER IF THE REPAIR IS EXPECTED TO TAKE LONGER THAN 24 HOURS! DUMB ***! AND WITHOUT AN EXPLANATION OF REPAIR THAT'S ALL YOU GET. Now Ive waited for a loaner for my airbag light, but my car was drivable. his wasn't!
Loser *******! Be nice next time!

Quick Reply: this car is turning into a real piece of shit