LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help with M6 conversion wiring??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with M6 conversion wiring??

I'm on the endrun of my A4-M6 swap and can't get this wiring straight. I purchased new pigtails and after reading the massive LT1 M6 swap page here http://www.afrashteh.com/tranny_pics/T56.htm
I can't figure this out, states in the directions that the polarity matters and which wires go to the A or B side of these plugs but mine are not labeled at all... Anyone have a picture of this area from a stock M6 Lt1 car?
Attached Thumbnails Need help with M6 conversion wiring??-trans-plugs.jpg  
Old 03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Are you talking about the reverse lock out solenoid?

I have done two T56 conversions. This is what I followed:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/974053/1277257

This is what you do with the reverse lock out solenoid:
http://img.villagephotos.com/imageview.aspx?i=12293996

You'll have no issues whatsoever with that solenoid gone, trust me.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Old 03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

why can't anyone ever actually answer a ??? the above posted links are for a conversion done to a LS1 car, while similar its not the exact same for the wiring. There is one pic in there that does show the A/B labeled connector I hope its the same, otherwise Thanks....
Oh and I am putting the reverse lockout in place I don't agree that its not needed when I have to hand over my keys to the wife and idiot parking attendants on occasion.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Here is a pick of the VSS connector, the purple wire is connected to side A (left with pigtail arm facing up), the green wire is side B. This should show you which side of your new pigtail is side A and which is side B.

Using the same side A/B orientation on the reverse lock out solenoid connector, tap pin D6 to side B and run an ignition switched 12V wire to side A.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you need to do is put some jumpers on the wires and put the trans in reverse to see which way they go. That would have been a lot faster than posting on here. I did a 6 speed swap recently and that's what I did.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fergymoto
All you need to do is put some jumpers on the wires and put the trans in reverse to see which way they go. That would have been a lot faster than posting on here. I did a 6 speed swap recently and that's what I did.
I love all this advice like I'm some kinda idiot. Here's the issue guy, motor etc not in the car, no battery or any kinda way to hook up power to it as the PCM is currently in a box being shipped back to me.. Again why bother posting this crap instead of just trying to help a guy out who puts up a legit ????
Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sound like someone stuck a crankshaft up your ***, settle down.

You did not mention that you had no way of putting power to it, but to give you the news flash of the day, you can do it without the PCM. The reverse light circuit is in the chassis, not the PCM.

You would be surprised how many people just plain don't think of simple things like using jumpers. If you think what I posted was crap then next time I have some info that might help you I won't bother posting it.

Actually, if you weren't such a douche I would go look at my own car that I did the swap to and tell you for sure.

Quick Reply: Need help with M6 conversion wiring??