Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

help needed. put the TA in a ditch the other night!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed. put the TA in a ditch the other night!

Ok so story first. Saturday night i was coming home from a friends house and it was kinda late. So I get on the road and get going a little ways down. THEN.....all of a sudden I look up and a car is in MY lane and coming my way REAL fast.I figured this guy was really drunk and I couldnt get in the opposite lane cause there was another car coming. SO i slam the brakes and slide my trans am into a ditch to avoid getting hit head on by this ******. And you wanna know what? HE DIDNT EVEN STOP! he HAD to have been drunk. Didnt even get a license tag or nothing he was movin so fast. All I know is what the car looks like and now I have a cracked front bumper cover and it looks like Ima need a new one. So the pontiac dealership near me wants $800 for a new one . SO ive been doin some research the past couple of days and I found a webstie with a GM OEM front bumpercover. the name of the company is bestdealcarparts.com. Have you guys hear of this company or done business with them. I got a 1998 base trans am. Will any of the 98-02 front bumpers covers fit perfect?(Sorry im new to the whole body repair subject). There wasnt any reinforcement damage or suspension damage as far as I Could see. Do you guys know any other place that i could get an OEM front bumper cover for less than like $600? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Don't see why it wouldn't mount up the same way. The fog light sockets may be diff. though. I highly doubt you'll find an OEM cover for less then $600. That sounds like a good price to me.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

try craigslist or ebay or salvage yard in your area i got mine (trans am) for $150 but yes any style as long as it is oem will bolt up fine assuming your brackets/supports/fenders/hood aren't damaged
Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Teching In

The site I found wants $450 shipped for a primed OEM bumper cover. Just the bumper got cracked bad and no other damage.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteWidowTA
The site I found wants $450 shipped for a primed OEM bumper cover. Just the bumper got cracked bad and no other damage.
Is the paint cracked or is the bumper actually broke. If the paint is just cracked then there is no need to replace the bumper.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cvalliere
Is the paint cracked or is the bumper actually broke. If the paint is just cracked then there is no need to replace the bumper.
even if the bumper is cracked you can fix it for less than $450.. and thats including an automix gun.. haha
Old 03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I entered what i needed into here http://www.partshotlines.com/ its a salvage online search, i got a front fender and bumper cover for 440 shipped from a place in georgia after i put in everything that i needed there. Its great.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ricer
even if the bumper is cracked you can fix it for less than $450.. and thats including an automix gun.. haha

Depends bad it is actually broke. Sometimes it's just not a good Idea to repair it depending on the area it's in.

Quick Reply: help needed. put the TA in a ditch the other night!