Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A thing or 2 about a thnig or 2 without bashing.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A thing or 2 about a thnig or 2 without bashing.

This is a very good forum with great information, and I like the LS1Tech forum the best for tech info. I think that from time to time,as a vendor, I read things that get posted that drive me up a wall. 99% of the time, I don't say a word. It is that 1% that gets me in hot water. There seems to be some vendors who have their "Pimps". The more pimps, the more blather that gets posted, and back slapping saying "great numbers" where the numbers are ok, but not worthy of the high praise that they get.
These same pimps come in and try to "diminish" any combo that has truly great results, by questioning the "method" or whatever to plant the seed of doubt about a particular package results.

We don't post many of our results on this forum though. We like you all here, but we seem to get the "microscope" teatment. If other vendors post numbers with a BIG spike or no smoothing, it gets ignored, and I still haven't figured this out.
While it seems that we still have to convince everyone that our numbers are real. Even one full year ago when we hit our first 463rwhp number with 420 rwtq, we were called liars, and "dyno riggers".

Off soap box, and on to the tech part.

Having said that, we just put out 3 cars back to back with large numbers on Corvettes. (It is well known that Corvettes make less rwhp than the fbody cars or so they say).

But we have had some very great results lately. WE had a 461rwhp with 420 rwtq two weeks ago, and a 456rwhp car this week, which lately has been our lowest power result. I now have a car on the dyno First pull, before tuning, with 451/419 2 out of the 3 have Absolute Speed heads on them.

We have a new package that will be on the dyno next week that should be better than anything that we have previously done. I feel the results will speak for themselves.

But since this is a Cylinder head thread, I don't think you could go wrong with either our LGM cylinder heads OR Absolute speed heads. All the others have too much hype, and too much "Pimp Factor" without outside validation on a large number of independent cars.

Thanks, and I am not trying to step on any toes here, just wanted to put my .02 in.

Thanks and keep the good forum going.

Lou G
LGM www.lgmotorsports.com 972-272-7753
Old 10-16-2003, 03:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Re: A thing or 2 about a thnig or 2 without bashing.

Wes up here dynoed like 450rwh with a set of heads and the G5X2 on a 114 that was impressive.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:52 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

When will your new heads be available for the public? Its about time for me to change valve springs again, and the way I usually change valve springs is to just buy a new set of heads

Were all 3 of those cars using the same cam?
Old 10-16-2003, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

<bites tounge>

as an independant buyer, hotrodder, and a-typical LS1tech member, un-affiliated with any shop other than my own garage, i can tell ya un-biasedly that i smell what you're steppin in. lots of sponsor competition goes on in here. expect to get criticized, bashed, praised, and hated. thats life. but if ya think that you'r shop is specifically singled out, why bother to keep posting here? my point is simply this. dont make a stink about it, do something. actions/ track times/ and pimp products and customer service make the diffrence here, not posts declaring your feelings about board drama. letting your stuff speak for you makes a world of diffrence.

take cartek for example. they've got a stream of 9 and 10 second cars. do ya see them posting all over the internal engine section section w/ a look at what we did kinda post? nope, they're reputation precedes them.

im an avid fan of many of your LG products, and i think your dyno results are more than extrordaniry. my friend JS12 is able to talk more trash to me than alot of car guys i know because his G5X2 cammed car runs about the same as mine motor to motor. and thats saying quite a bit. i'll leave it at that.

P.S. nice dyno numbers, on the vettes how do these guys MPH at the track?
Old 10-16-2003, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the pimp thing is natural though. really, take a look at the track or other places where gear heads meet. guys are proud of their setups and brag. now the trolling, yea that is no good, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and when you open yourself to the public on a forum like this, you avail yourself to good and bad treatment. we all know this. i dont think that there are many shops that have "pimps" out there to solely bash others products, if they do, it is instantly recognized.

OTOH i think that there are way too many sponsers from a business standpoint to make sense, but that is this market and it is highly competitive. i mean, look to your right ---------->, how many shops do the exact same thing? that is in itself a creature eating itself alive. it makes it great for the customer though. competition = advancement and economy in design.

i on the other hand, like most of us here that read regularly, do look forward to vendors/shops pushing the envelop and bringing out more and more hardcore products to this community of motors.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lou,you hit it on the Head.I'm getting kindof sick of reading some posts here.Reminds me of LS1.com 2 years ago when I left.
Everybody has opinions and that is all it is "opinions".No need to be fighting about who you think is the best.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 461 vette he spoke of went 98.3 in the 1/8th on radials with a 2.0 60'.

NA, fullweight with a stereo, stock gears at BG with many of the Zo6vette.com members watching
Old 10-16-2003, 04:30 PM

Ya know Lou... Youre right!

Jay at Absolute has some AWESOME heads as that is what I have (happy Vince and TEA? ) The car that TEA was refering to is mine (99% sure) I had valve float with the Comp 987s, VERY incompitant dyno operator (didnt know how to work the printer to print graphs AND couldnt even get not 1 auto car to dyno right, also had a LT1 spraying a 150 wet shot dyno 27 RWHP.. lol) so I didnt put much faith into the dyno readings. It was also a different dyno than that was mentioned Thats why I didnt plater the numbers all over the place untill I could get my problems resolved. Instead, some people have to go through other people who go through other people to get ones dyno numbers and try to make a point.

All in all, you cant beat the CS and heads from Absolute and Lou came up with an awesome cam that turns heads everywhere! Jay at Absolute has offered to pay for shipping to and from, redo my heads and upgrade to the stage 2.5s, give me new head gaskets, new head bolts, new custom pushrods (for the Comp R lifters) all for the loving price of FREE!!!! Cant beat that
Old 10-16-2003, 04:34 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Sometimes its worth sifting through all the crap to get at the good tech info. Unlike LS1.com, this site does have good tech info. I rarely have to search for tech info on the other site (only when the search feature here isn't working).
Old 10-16-2003, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Interesting...

I read this right after I looked at the locked TEA vs. Patriot head post.

This post is directed mostly to Lou...here goes:

There are natural affiliations with certain members and the shops that built their cars. Likewise, with individual part suppliers/manufacturers and shade-tree mechanics (excuse the term, I couldn't come up with anything better). NEway, it's natural for people to get excited when things work...and work well. It's also unfortunately human nature to question "competitors" products. No one wants to be seen as having the 2nd best.

It's easy for a shop to put together a ringer and post the dyno numbers. Unfortunatley for you, that's how your 46xrwhp post was observed last year. Not too many people had heard allot of things from your shop prior to that. There were some hard-core racers that new of your racing heritage, but for the most part, allot of the stuff coming out of your shop was not advertised. When people don't hear anything about your specs, they naturally question. I wouldn't take offense. Hell, it's an opportunity to show just how much you actually know.

I think the stand-up shops are the ones that come in here posting good and bad info and don't high-jack or put down other vendors threads. Good info, give the facts and don't try to hide things. Bad info, show how they troubleshot the problem, found why the car didn't put down the numbers it was supposed to and fixed it. For the owners that are going to use a shop for an install, that's a huge relief. There's nothing that will leave a bad taste in a customer's mouth faster than a shop throwing their hands in the air when the car puts down crap for numbers (this is also a two way street...customers have to be willing to let a shop try different things, and give them a REASONABLE amount of time to work on it...IOW, just because your wife gave you those "custom" headers for christmas doesn't mean they can't be hurting the car's performance...be a man and replace them for the sake of power...she'll understand).

Keep up the good work.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a very good forum with great information, and I like the LS1Tech forum the best for tech info. I think that from time to time,as a vendor, I read things that get posted that drive me up a wall. 99% of the time, I don't say a word. It is that 1% that gets me in hot water. There seems to be some vendors who have their "Pimps". The more pimps, the more blather that gets posted, and back slapping saying "great numbers" where the numbers are ok, but not worthy of the high praise that they get.
These same pimps come in and try to "diminish" any combo that has truly great results, by questioning the "method" or whatever to plant the seed of doubt about a particular package results.

We don't post many of our results on this forum though. We like you all here, but we seem to get the "microscope" teatment. If other vendors post numbers with a BIG spike or no smoothing, it gets ignored, and I still haven't figured this out.
While it seems that we still have to convince everyone that our numbers are real. Even one full year ago when we hit our first 463rwhp number with 420 rwtq, we were called liars, and "dyno riggers".

Hey lou,
I understand your post but as said above such is life. I don't think your products get any more bad press than anyone else, I think things are just a little more personal when you own the shop and you put a bunch of blood sweat and tears into your products. Come to think of it I have never heard anything but good press on the G5x2, your C5 LT headers, and your suspension components. I personally think that you are loosing a little too much sleep worrying about a problem that is not really a problem at all.

--Off Soap box

Congrats on the results .

-Nick
Old 10-16-2003, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

The simplist way to avoid the bashing, is to keep doing your thing, take some cars to the track &amp; post up your times. If your cars are hauling ***, people are gonna notice. MPH is a pretty good indication of the power a car is producing (weight being a factor, of course.)
Old 10-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know Lou... Youre right!

Jay at Absolute has some AWESOME heads as that is what I have (happy Vince and TEA? ) The car that TEA was refering to is mine (99% sure) I had valve float with the Comp 987s, VERY incompitant dyno operator (didnt know how to work the printer to print graphs AND couldnt even get not 1 auto car to dyno right, also had a LT1 spraying a 150 wet shot dyno 27 RWHP.. lol) so I didnt put much faith into the dyno readings. It was also a different dyno than that was mentioned Thats why I didnt plater the numbers all over the place untill I could get my problems resolved. Instead, some people have to go through other people who go through other people to get ones dyno numbers and try to make a point.

All in all, you cant beat the CS and heads from Absolute and Lou came up with an awesome cam that turns heads everywhere! Jay at Absolute has offered to pay for shipping to and from, redo my heads and upgrade to the stage 2.5s, give me new head gaskets, new head bolts, new custom pushrods (for the Comp R lifters) all for the loving price of FREE!!!! Cant beat that
This was uncalled for Carl. Besides, I already knew what heads you purchased.. I hope you get the #'s you seek..
Old 10-16-2003, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Lou, I think the shops that really get bashed are the ones that hype something and promise results they know their products will not produce. I'm not aware of anyone that dealt with LGM that's unhappy with their set up. At 450+rwhp how could they be?!?! A lot of the disbelief about the LGM numbers came from 1) Jealousy and 2) because no hard details about the actually set were shared at the time the results were announced.

I wouldn't pay any attention to the talk. If your heads and cam packages start dynoing ~395rwhp start worrying about what people say then.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take cartek for example. they've got a stream of 9 and 10 second cars. do ya see them posting all over the internal engine section section w/ a look at what we did kinda post? nope, they're reputation precedes them.

LOL..they are in every forum on every board not this particular one at this time....

yes they have great fast cars and their happy customers represent them well
Old 10-17-2003, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

hrmm.. funny, i just did a search, and out of the pages that came up, there were zero posts made by cartek. some about cartek's stuff, but none made by them as a shop.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:39 AM
kp
8 Second Club

LOL..they are in every forum on every board not this particular one at this time....

yes they have great fast cars and their happy customers represent them well
No kidding, I got so sick of the cartek pimping threads at corvetteforum I dont even go there anymore and even though they have some awesome cars running it really soured my outlook on the company - it happens everywhere

All you have to do is go to one of the f-body events where a lot of LS1s show up and see for yourself what the packages run at the same track, thats what people did before internet forums

Edit: BTW I dont have anything against Cartek, I seem some pretty silly stuff from LG cheerleaders on corvetteforum as well. I think Cartek and LG has some good solid packages but sometimes the internet drama makes shops look bad, at least to me anyhow..
Old 10-17-2003, 11:16 AM
FormerVendor

I hear you Lou I know what its like to be bashed and have all your treads "high jacked". Good luck and your #`s continue to be awesome.

Nate
Old 10-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Launching!

I disagree with this topic from its' inception. It seems silly to me that if you really feel such opposition to pimping, cheerleading, and shop bashing that you would open the forum for a discussion of those specific topics. IMO, this is a case of you just wanting to have the last word on topics or arguments where the previous outcome didn't sit well with you. Pretty lame.

As far as the cheerleaders are concerned, and the shops boasting claims, in your mind, is automotive aftermarket the only place where this happens? I mean, it's common. It's a matter of "brand choice" and "advertising." I have a buddy that will buy any piece of electronics with Sony logo on it, even if there's a better competing product at 60% of the cost. Is he a Sony *****? YES. Is that necessarily a bad thing? NO. It's his money, and he's happy with the product, so the wheel of commerce keeps spinning round.

Shops boast their claims, and why wouldn't they? I mean, why do you think these guys pay their sponsorship dues here? SO THEY CAN BOAST CLAIMS that sell products. They're paying to advertise, so what sense would it make to spend those advertising dollars if they didn't say, "this is why you should buy OUR product: <insert claims here>"

The only shop I ever see whining about people picking on them is LG Motorsports.. why is that? Secret cams because they're afraid people will copy them (and those who know the whole story there are laughing right now), plus these recent posts making accusations toward other shops, and constant defense of LG's products. I don't see the other shops constantly saying they're being singled out, or picked on, so does LG always feel it's necessary to defend?

I hate these political BS arguments on here. They are disruptive both to the forum members and the sponsors. Sure, this is a great site for tech info, I'll never disagree there. However, while everyone is quick to bash LS1.com for whatever reason, I can tell you one thing, they would have had this ridiculous thread padlocked in about 15 minutes, and kudos to LS1.com for that.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:38 AM
kp
8 Second Club

I tend to agree but these threads are like a car wreck, people just have to slow down and look