General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oxygen sensor messing up

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oxygen sensor messing up

I'm having a problem with my car, it feels like the plugs are fouled and has no power, the wideband goes to 16. It done it the other night after the dyno, my buddy took it and called and said they figured out it was the 02 sensor. He put a new one in and brought it home. Lastnight he drove it to my house and cut it off. It ran fine while he was driving it but as soon as i started it and started to drive off it done it again. He said its only doing it when it goes to open loop. Any ideas what it could be or what to check?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh? You put a new O2 sensor in and then cut it off later? Your write up is confusing.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy
Huh? You put a new O2 sensor in and then cut it off later? Your write up is confusing.
Sorry man, My buddy drove it from the dyno because i had to work. On the way home it lost power. He had a friend bring a scanner and it showed sensor data. They swapped the o2 sensor and it ran fine all the way to his house. He brought it to my house lastnight and it ran fine, he cut it off and we talked for about 15 minutes. I started it up and it was fine, backed down the driveway, went to 1st and it lost power again and wideband went to 16 and stayed. Feels like plugs fouled but there not.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryans_pewter_ss
They swapped the o2 sensor and it ran fine all the way to his house. He brought it to my house lastnight and it ran fine, he cut it off and we talked for about 15 minutes.
I must be missing something.

You installed a new O2 sensor. Got that.
Then you cut it off later?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no, cut the car off.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, okay. Slang I'm not used to.

What work is done to the car? What did they do on the dyno?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry man, I'm from the south. Its a 6.0, l92 heads, cam, nitrous. Didn't really change anything on the dyno. Just tuned it safe. It made 730hp and 738tq. Trying to think of what would made the o2 go bad. Think maybe it could be the other o2?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryans_pewter_ss
Sorry man, I'm from the south. Its a 6.0, l92 heads, cam, nitrous. Didn't really change anything on the dyno. Just tuned it safe. It made 730hp and 738tq. Trying to think of what would made the o2 go bad. Think maybe it could be the other o2?
Well, I don't think anything went "bad." If you just had it tuned, there's a good possiblility that the O2s didn't get tuned in/out or got tuned wrong. I know enough about tuning to fill up the eraser on a pencil.

I think you have to get it tuned again.