Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Which Mcleod to get for 850rwtq?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Which Mcleod to get for 850rwtq?

What's the difference between the Mcleod Streen Twin and the twin-disc RST and RXT? I know the RST is rated to 800hp and the RSX is rated to 1000 and both are suppossed to be very good for daily driving. What is the Street Twin rated to and which one is the best for a high power daily driver? Mcleod has way to many clutches to choose from....

I need something that can hold 850rwtq and drive well in rush hour traffic. Does something like that even exist? lol.

I'm asking about Mcleod because everything I read says they are great for daily driving with no chatter and a light pedal feel. I'm open to any brand or clutch that can meet that criteria.

Let me know what you have, what kind of power you're making, how long you've had it and what you think about it.

Thanks- Mike
Old 05-01-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStolen
What's the difference between the Mcleod Streen Twin and the twin-disc RST and RXT? I know the RST is rated to 800hp and the RSX is rated to 1000 and both are suppossed to be very good for daily driving. What is the Street Twin rated to and which one is the best for a high power daily driver? Mcleod has way to many clutches to choose from....

I need something that can hold 850rwtq and drive well in rush hour traffic. Does something like that even exist? lol.

I'm asking about Mcleod because everything I read says they are great for daily driving with no chatter and a light pedal feel. I'm open to any brand or clutch that can meet that criteria.

Let me know what you have, what kind of power you're making, how long you've had it and what you think about it.

Thanks- Mike

I don't think that 850rwtq and Daily Driver belong in the same sentence.

However, I would give monster a call/pm. They have received excellent reviews thusfar.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to Steve briefly on the phone. I had too much going on around me and I think I pissed him off. I should of waited until I had the time to sit down and really listen because I wanted to talk to him bad. He could promise me a full refund and I would still have a hard time believing that a single disk clutch can handle 900rwhp, not chatter and only be 8-10% heavier pedal than stock.

And not to discredit him but I have been in the car scene for over ten years. I have seen many, many companies come and go the same way. People love new companies that talk the talk and the members here rave all about it before they even have the results to back it up. only to find out it doesn't even come close to living up to the hype. Just like Obama....

...yeah, I said it.

Last edited by SStolen; 05-02-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

I talked to Steve briefly on the phone. I had too much going on around me and I think I pissed him off. I should of waited until I had the time to sit down and really listen because I wanted to talk to him bad. He could promise me a full refund and I would still have a hard time believing that a single disk clutch can handle 900rwhp, not chatter and only be 8-10% heavier pedal than stock.

And not to discredit him but I have been in the car scene for over ten years. I have seen many, many companies come and go the same way. People love new companies that talk the talk and the members here rave all about it before they even have the results to back it up. only to find out it doesn't even come close to living up to the hype. Just like Obama....

Well, I can understand your situation, but can't agree with ya. I was sold on teh Mcleod as well, until I talked to Monster (Steve). My car is making 900+HP, and while everyone knows it is not finished yet, I just know the Monster is gonna hold it. I know I can't guarantee that it will since my car is not running yet, and hence the dilema. Do you go with Mcleod, teh proven entity? Or the Monster, teh new kid on teh block? What sold me was teh $$$, teh warranty, and Steve's money back guarantee.
It was ALOT cheaper than the Mcleod. Had a MUCH better warranty. AND he told me he would give me 100% money back if it does not hold the power. How can you go wrong at that point? So, I bit. Car is on teh home stretch, and should have results soon.....
Old 05-03-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well let me know how it turns out. I hope you're right. That would give the Fbody community a great new option that is affordable and performs as promised.

But the bottom line is no one with a high hp vehicle has yet to speak up about their results and until that happens, I will go with the tried and true. I might spend more money initially but I've found time and time again that you sometimes lose you're money when you include the price as part of the equation in your decision process.

How many times have I wanted the $500 option but went with the $300 to save money only to find out it sucks and spend the $500 anyway.... And now I'm out $800. I lost count.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:36 PM
FormerVendor

Well let me know how it turns out. I hope you're right. That would give the Fbody community a great new option that is affordable and performs as promised.

But the bottom line is no one with a high hp vehicle has yet to speak up about their results and until that happens, I will go with the tried and true. I might spend more money initially but I've found time and time again that you sometimes lose you're money when you include the price as part of the equation in your decision process.

How many times have I wanted the $500 option but went with the $300 to save money only to find out it sucks and spend the $500 anyway.... And now I'm out $800. I lost count.

Very well said, and true to the last word. I was in that boat many times my friend. I try to go by what you said, but sometimes something just tells me otherwise. I look at it like sports. I am a HUGE sports fan, especially baseball. And say the only game on TV is not my beloved Astros. I watch teh game. Who do I vote for? The underdog,that's who! Playoffs, take Celtics, Bulls. Who do I vote for since I could care less about either, the Bulls! Why? since they were underdogs and teh Celtics won it all last year. Time for someone else.
My point is, Monster was teh underdog in my clutch scenario. And sure, it may come back and bite me in teh ***, but I sure hope not.
My results should be coming soon....machine work is done, just need to pick up from machine shop, and assemble. I got my frame rails (doing a 25.2 chassis) cut and notched and fitted. Main hoop, windshield bars bent cut notched and fitted. Got do x bars, seat mounting, etc....but getting there. I can smell teh race gas now...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd say the RXT hands down.

We sell alot of Monsters and like them very much but when talking 700+rwhp a twin always outlasts a single.I'm really hoping Monster releases there twins soon.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
FormerVendor

I would suggest the RXT as well. Pedal pressure of a honda and drives like a cadillac.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rxt.....

Jim Moran @ speed inc TT Z06 making 1000rwhp is running the RXT without issue

Last edited by ibanez7; 05-04-2009 at 04:24 PM.