Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saving the live of a harness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default saving the live of a harness?

well i bought this ls1 today and the only down fall is the harness. i no that they are pricey so i think i can save this thing! it would need to be modified any way to fit the car. i don't have the computer or the main plugs for the computer.. i found a site that sells the plugs for the computer.. what do yall think is it savable

the red dot shows were its cut the rest of the harness it really nice..
Old 05-10-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's going to be a pain. There is about 12 to 16 inches of wire missing, along with the plugs.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

well i would need to lengthen it any way because i want to put the computer in the car. i pretty good with wiring the thing is i wonder what else is missing.. all the plugs for the motor are there. i no the wires for the pedal are obviously missing the computer plugs are missing and all the fuses box is gone but that does not worry me because i wouldn't use the stock box any way. what else is missing tho?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Its no where near as hard as you think. Just get some pcm plugs and a pcm(0411 is a great pcm for swaps) from your local junk yard then get the diagram for you harness (year and model vehicle it came from) and get the diagram for the pcm (vehicle it came from or OS your flashing pcm to) and put the wires from each sensor, injectors, coils, etc. into the corrosponding pin on the pcm side plug. It is a bit time consuming though. I do a few harness' a week so I have become pretty quick.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 85irocinjected
Its no where near as hard as you think. Just get some pcm plugs and a pcm(0411 is a great pcm for swaps) from your local junk yard then get the diagram for you harness (year and model vehicle it came from) and get the diagram for the pcm (vehicle it came from or OS your flashing pcm to) and put the wires from each sensor, injectors, coils, etc. into the corrosponding pin on the pcm side plug. It is a bit time consuming though. I do a few harness' a week so I have become pretty quick.
I will have to do that. I will get that PCM and I have a nice version of efi live sitting here waiting to be played with! They guy I bought the motor from said it was a 99 vette motor that's what it looks to be a 99 from the heads. Now my other questin Is that this was a t56 car I will be going with 4l80e can that be controled by that computer?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you get it from a local salvage yard? If so go back and see if you can get the rest of it.

Otherwise, I'd just find another harness. it can be fixed, and it's not too hard if you are good with a soldering iron and shrink wrap, but why start your project with a hacked up harness with that many more chances from problems when you first try to start it.

Re'
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
Did you get it from a local salvage yard? If so go back and see if you can get the rest of it.

Otherwise, I'd just find another harness. it can be fixed, and it's not too hard if you are good with a soldering iron and shrink wrap, but why start your project with a hacked up harness with that many more chances from problems when you first try to start it.

Re'
I wish I had the rest of it but I don't. I would have to get the plugs elsewere. Is there many different main computer plugs? I can solder very well that is one of strong points. I guess I'll just put the harness on the back burner for now I have to get the motor in the car first.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What year is the harness? If it's a 99-02 f-body, I have all the engine schematics. I have also have a bunch of spare pins, with about 2" of wire, for the pcm plugs if you need them.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
What year is the harness? If it's a 99-02 f-body, I have all the engine schematics. I have also have a bunch of spare pins, with about 2" of wire, for the pcm plugs if you need them.
I was told it's out of a 99 vette it looks like that's true the heads are 853 and the bell housing is setup for a vette
Old 05-11-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
I was told it's out of a 99 vette it looks like that's true the heads are 853 and the bell housing is setup for a vette
Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, what a conicidence. I have a 1999 Corvette harness as well that had the computer pulled off of it. I am also using a 4L80E.

I think the only difference is that I have the wiring for the 4L60E auto.

I will let you know if I find a PCM pin-out diagram for the 1999 Corvette.
Attached Thumbnails saving the live of a harness?-img_0445.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen stand alone harnesses on E-bay for around $500. It would really suck to get the whole car together and fight issues with your harness. 1/2 ohm here or there will make you pull your hair out. I should know I work for Chrysler...

Quick Reply: saving the live of a harness?