Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Level 3 break in impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 443 Likes on 354 Posts

Thumbs up Monster Level 3 break in impressions

Received my Level 3 from Monster last week and was finally able to get it installed yesterday afternoon. Aside from being stupid and snapping off the line to my slave cylinder, the install went perfectly. Thanks to my buddy Chris at my local parts store who gave me a new slave for free. My first impression was DAMN! This baby grabs way harder than my factory clutch. Left a couple black marks backing it out of the shop because I wasn't used to it. Started putting break in miles on it and I was impressed with how easy it was to drive. No chatter and I didn't have to relearn how to drive with it. This is my first performance clutch and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm very happy with it so far. I'm going to be driving the snot out of this thing to get my break in miles over with so I can take it to the track. I'm confident it will play a key role in getting my car into the 11's finally. Thanks to Steve at SNL Performance for his assistance in helping me pick the best setup for what my goals are. I'll update this thread as I get some miles on it, and of course after I make some passes at the track!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're not the first one to break the line off the slave, ask me how I know, LOL. Congrats on getting it installed. I can't wait to get my Level 2 from Monster!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
Received my Level 3 from Monster last week and was finally able to get it installed yesterday afternoon. Aside from being stupid and snapping off the line to my slave cylinder, the install went perfectly. Thanks to my buddy Chris at my local parts store who gave me a new slave for free. My first impression was DAMN! This baby grabs way harder than my factory clutch. Left a couple black marks backing it out of the shop because I wasn't used to it. Started putting break in miles on it and I was impressed with how easy it was to drive. No chatter and I didn't have to relearn how to drive with it. This is my first performance clutch and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm very happy with it so far. I'm going to be driving the snot out of this thing to get my break in miles over with so I can take it to the track. I'm confident it will play a key role in getting my car into the 11's finally. Thanks to Steve at SNL Performance for his assistance in helping me pick the best setup for what my goals are. I'll update this thread as I get some miles on it, and of course after I make some passes at the track!
Thanks a ton for the feedback!

Keep us posted on how it progresses through the break in and how it performs when you get to beat on it!

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
You're not the first one to break the line off the slave, ask me how I know, LOL. Congrats on getting it installed. I can't wait to get my Level 2 from Monster!
Give us a shout, we'll get you squared away!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys make a clutch for the LT1?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IROC-Z28_CAMARO
Check Clutchnet out ...
http://www.clutchnet.com/home.php
Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Why did the end up recommending the stage 3 instead of the stage 2?

Does your car see the track a lot?

I will be ordering one soon. Keep us updated.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 443 Likes on 354 Posts

They recommended the level 3 because I hit the track on a regular basis and I also plan on spraying 150 HP sometime in the near future. Quite honestly, I don't see how you could go wrong with this clutch. The more I drive it, the smoother it gets. Drivability is damn close to stock. Pedal effort is pretty much unnoticably different, except when I am at a stoplight holding the pedal to the floor, I can feel a slight bit more resistance.

I also should add - I went with the 15 LB chromoly flywheel over the 28 LB Billet steel and I cannot tell one bit of difference in how it drives. On a scale, the Monster was 7 LBS. lighter total weight than my stock setup and I thought it would make a difference, but I can pull out from a stop light right around 1000 RPM without any bogging or chatter. I have a feeling there will be nothing but positive effects from adding it.

Last edited by LS1Formulation; 05-26-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IROC-Z28_CAMARO
No we do not, we have one in the works, but, we don't have a release date yet.