Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Mounting Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger Mounting Bracket

I'm working on mounting an F1A on camaro. I've ran into a couple of issues with the direction it's mounted. The parts list from ATI shows they sent me the LS1F bracket which I assume the F means it's the correct one for the F1A.

The problem is when mounting there is only one angle the supercharger will fit on the bracket it comes with 4 small bolts and one large bolt. The only way I can see getting this thing on the bracket leaves the supercharger ducting to the intercooler pointing strait down to the point where it would be nearly the lowest thing on the car and that's without the piping connected which would make it worse. Every other picture I have seen of these mounted has the ducting pointed horizontal or at least 45' off from strait down. The directions got real poor when it came to putting the procharger on the bracket.

I will add some pictures here in a minute so you can see what I mean.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Launching!

In the first picture you can see how the supercharger is angled in what appears the only way to mount it given the provided bracket.

The second picture shows the last hole on the bracket which has a 3/8 sock head screw the rest are 5/16. The bracket only has one hole which the 3/8 can go through the rest are 5/16 and the procharger has two holes which can take a 3/8 the rest are 5/16 the two holes for 3/8 on the procharger are on opposite sides of each other you can see how there is no way to change the angle without completely flipping it.

I'm fairly certain I could make this work by shaving some of the bracket and using all 5/16 and no 3/8 but that isn't the way it's suppose to be. There's other problems with changing the angle as well such as it moves the procharger pulley farther away from the crank and theres very little play in the belt as it is. What I'm left with now is I either am not getting the big picture or somehow I got the wrong parts.

This link of one of EPPs cars shows the correct angle I'm looking for

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12
Attached Thumbnails Procharger Mounting Bracket-dgadsfaf.jpg   Procharger Mounting Bracket-afdsasfdas.jpg  

Last edited by laughatrice; 05-30-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should just send that F1 to me and I will take care of it.

Just kidding...you will probably have to take the compressor housing bolts loose and clock the housing. I don't always know if ProCharger has them clocked correctly from the factory. I had to do this on with my D1SC that I had on my truck. Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Oh really didn't think about that. What all did that involve is it just a simple unbolt adjust and put back on. Just wondering if I need to be prepared to have a lot of small parts go everywhere.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, you just loosen up the allen bolts that go around the perimeter of the compressor. I believe you have to take them all the way out and remove the plates that keep the compressor from turning. Remove them and just rotate the housing. You do not have to pull it off...it should rotate relatively easy. You may want to contact ProCharger to ensure that it doesn't affect any type of warranty.

That is the way I did mine as there was no other way to do it...and another friend of mine did the same thing with his kit, but someone else may have some other options for you.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Launching!

I think that should work fine after I looked at it. I wasn't sure that it was symetric and could be rotated and but I think I see how to do it.

appreciate the help
Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I see this happening all the time, both at my shop and with countless customer phone calls, as ProCharger mounts these blowers on a test stand to be tested, and they don't always get returned to their original configuration. Bob
Old 05-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Thanks Bob
Old 05-31-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like the scroll will still be quite low. Will it be above the radiator lower support when you correctly orientate the output?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Launching!

I took two more pictures after I clocked it correctly. It is still lower than the radiator support which is concerning but given the mount I have I don't see it working any other way. I suppose this is why so many people are having problems with debri.

I angled the outflow pipe horizontal as it's going to a front mount intercooler.

Bob is this typical with the F's on a camaro? Also the inlet piping that was supplied by procharger doesn't really fit in between the front of the procharger and the radiator support any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Procharger Mounting Bracket-procharger-front.jpg   Procharger Mounting Bracket-procharger-mounted.jpg  

Quick Reply: Procharger Mounting Bracket