Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boost creep? will Eboost 2 stop it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default boost creep? will Eboost 2 stop it?

i have 7.5 springs in my WGs and im seeing 10psi will my eboost stop it from doing this or do i need a smaller spring and then tell the eboost stop a 8psi

its a APS kit
im running just WGs now
have not put the eboost on yet

thanks Tom
Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

it depends on what the problem is... but i doubt eboost 2 would help... if your waste gate is letting you make 10 psi either the waste gate isnt big enough, the spring is the wrong spring, is mounted wrong, or your boost gauge is wrong...

put a smaller spring, see if it changes the boost, if it does, then you know the waste gate is letting enough air out, if it DOESNT.. well.. time to see whats going on.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those 38s should easily be big enough. I have a 44mm one on a gt35r and the aps turbos are only 20gs they usually have internal gates.
I can't see having to go to smaller spring either. I have to run mine up there and report back to you Tom if mine hold boost at 7.5. I do think slight overshoot is likely normal but it shouldn't stay at 10 psi. Course 10 might be fine if tune is dead on .Not the best for stock engine but maybe doable. Seen other thread here I think were guys are running some fairly high boost on stock engines but you do have your forged engine?

I would check the springs maybe you got a wrong one or something? Also leak on line to a gate could do it. check lines for any cut or line not on good just a thought.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eboost might help worth a shot maybe hooking it up and trying it. I have to get off my *** and hook up my eboost2. I just have ghetto boost gauge running thru passenger window! Maybe work on it this week.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

No boost controller will fix a mechanical problem.

All it can ever do, is give the base wastegate setting. So if that is higher that expected, you need to resolve that problem. Not spend money on gadgets that wont fix it.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
No boost controller will fix a mechanical problem.

All it can ever do, is give the base wastegate setting. So if that is higher that expected, you need to resolve that problem. Not spend money on gadgets that wont fix it.
ding ding ding

Boost creep, if it's legit creep, is a function of insufficient waste gate flow. Can be gate size, placement, flow path to the gate, etc.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

before you call it boost creep, does ur wastegate have the top screw? Make sure its unscrewed and not screwed in, which will force the spring to open under higher boost levels.

If thats not the problem, look into wastegate and wastegate pipe diameters. however I can tell you that a boost controller cannot reduce MINIMUM boost.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ayousef
before you call it boost creep, does ur wastegate have the top screw? Make sure its unscrewed and not screwed in, which will force the spring to open under higher boost levels.

If thats not the problem, look into wastegate and wastegate pipe diameters. however I can tell you that a boost controller cannot reduce MINIMUM boost.
well... some boost controllers can... i forget what model but there is one that interfaces with a c02 tank and a regulator or something like that to control boost

EDIT - AMS 1000
Old 06-03-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

incorrect.

You can open the gate more and whenever you want with a CO2 based controller. But if there physically isn't enough flow available around the turbine, you will get boost creep.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2khawk
incorrect.

You can open the gate more and whenever you want with a CO2 based controller. But if there physically isn't enough flow available around the turbine, you will get boost creep.
im talkin about if you have a spring at 14 psi and u wanna boost at 5 psi, im not saying it will fix boost creep because of bad flow..

Quick Reply: boost creep? will Eboost 2 stop it?