Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Pipe Vs. LM

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default X Pipe Vs. LM

I know this probably belongs in the external forum, but i wanted to see what you guys thought on this one. Does anyone have any factual info that a xpipe system will make more power than a LM on a H/C motor. From everything i've seen peak numbers look roughly the same but is there a gain to be had under the curve with the duals? Thanks for any info.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's exactly where true duals make more power than Y-Pipe systems: under the curve. I was skeptical of true duals myself, but there is quite a significant improvement to be had under the curve, though the peak may change only marginally.

This topic is discussed at LS1.com quite frequently, so you may want to try a search there.

Josh
Old 11-12-2003, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I keep hearing that they produce more power under the curve but i have yet to see a dyno graph or time slip to back this claim up. Hey man your in my neck of the woods, do you ever go over to patton and cruise. I may be going over there this saturday night if i do ill look for ya.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Launching!

not to mention the sound difference between the two. i switched to true's from the LM cause i was doing headers and cutting the cats and didnt want to bother with modding the resinator to be unsure on how it sounds. i went with the true duals and before the cam lost some low end power cause i went 3 inch all the way out but gained it up top. i plan on doing heads in the near future so thats why i didnt step it down into 2.5
Old 11-12-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is your duals louder than the LM without the cats?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HOTROD98Z
Yeah I keep hearing that they produce more power under the curve but i have yet to see a dyno graph or time slip to back this claim up. Hey man your in my neck of the woods, do you ever go over to patton and cruise. I may be going over there this saturday night if i do ill look for ya.
Yeah, I hit Patton every other weekend or so. I may head down there this Saturday, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you--it's always nice to meet other F-Body drivers in the area. What color is your Z?

Here's a good example of the power that duals provide under the curve: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...51#post4168351

Josh
Old 11-12-2003, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I gained 15tq but no real hp, also the cars pulls alot harder through the entire range
Old 11-12-2003, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HOTROD98Z
Is your duals louder than the LM without the cats?
I have the loudmouth with FLP's and I just got a 3 in. y-pipe made today actually. But anyways I have heard 2 cammed cars with duals and my car was louder. I think the true dauls sounder better because it was deeper but since this new 3 in. y my car seems to sound a little deeper.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Josh my car is a red z28 with factory ground effects and ss wheels. Its the only one like that i have seen around the area. Well it does look like the duals provide more power under the curve and definately more torque, I may have to look into a setup by Lanes for me next exhaust.