General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC help please!!!

Currently i am putting 2 cans of freon in my car and 3 days later it blow hot again. 1 year ago when i changed my motor my compressor was out for a few months and its been doin this problem since. so do i need to pull a vacum to fix this issue or what? what exactly does pulling a vacum in the system do?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Pulling a vacuum is necassary for sure when the system is WIDE open like yours was. You probably should really change your drier and orafice tube too. Then do a vacuum and recharge it. Spend the $40 extra in parts, then do the vacuum.

Vacuuming the system takes all of the moisture out of the system. Few drops of moisture is all it takes to kill the system. Or you may have bugs in there that crawled in while it was open.

My system has been opened 3 times in the past 6 months for 3 different repairs. I never vacuumed it down and it was perfectly fine every time. But I had just one line off and two small openings.

OR....your problem could just be that the refridgerant is leaking out somewhere. Get some 134 with dye in it to check for leaks. $6.00 and 5 minutes. Then run the A/C for 15 minutes, then get under it and check all over the place.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Launching!

sounds like you have a leak. ill definatly say take it apart and replace the diaphram as well its one of the biggest killers on A/C's and the smallest most forgotten about part. pulling a vacum is always necissary in my book if you have had the system exposed to the atmosphere. I personally would take everything apart get some A/C flush clean everything out replace all the O rings and diaphrame put it back together and fill it back to spec with oil pull a vacume on it and let it sit. if you have the time let it sit over night mark where it was at on the guages, come back the next day if its still there you have no leak. Charge it and feel the cold air...
Old 07-14-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

You very definitely have a leak, and you'll have to find/fix that before you do anything else. Use the dye, as was already mentioned. You should also replace the drier at this point, as it's shot now. After that, if you don't have a vacuum pump/gages and know how to interpret what they are telling you, take it somewhere to get it charged.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Banned

where it was leakin was the back where the o rings go and i have the bolt super tight but its still leakin from the back verrrrry slowly. what should i do the rings r new?!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
where it was leakin was the back where the o rings go and i have the bolt super tight but its still leakin from the back verrrrry slowly. what should i do the rings r new?!
You'll have to take it apart to see why the oring is leaking. You might have pinched it putting it in. You'll also need a new oring.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned

still confused its not the orings i put thicker ones in there n it still does it
Old 07-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
still confused its not the orings i put thicker ones in there n it still does it
O-ring where? which one is leaking?

Maybe the metal line has a rip in it.