Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Triflo opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B&B Triflo opinions?

Alright I have searched and got some good info on the system, but are all quite dated. I think the newest I found was a thread from 06. I love the look of the tips but clips are hard to find, there were only a handful on LS1sounds. I also saw some saying it doesnt flow well, but those that posted graphs showed only minimal losses maybe 5-6hp on 450+ H/C cars. I was set on a Magnaflow but an oppurtunity came up to get a hold of a Triflo so let me know what you think.

Found these on LS1sounds....

Last edited by jrob56; 07-22-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

get it you will not be disappointed!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

anymore opinions? anybody got some sound clips?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Does anybody know if you can just buy the tips or clones?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 PM

They probably sounded the best but were not the best flowing exhaust. Expect to see 15-19rwhp loss running this exhaust.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Aggie
They probably sounded the best but were not the best flowing exhaust. Expect to see 15-19rwhp loss running this exhaust.
What he said.

The triflo looks great, and sounds excellent but it's very restrictive. I'd put it up there with Flowmaster in terms with how bad they "flow".

Not too mention, anybody who spends that kind of money on a muffler and a couple of pipes needs their head examined. Plenty of setups that make more power and sound great in the $350-450 range.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Teching In

It has an awe inspiring rumble to it. The two cons are it is more restrictive and the price is high. If you have the funds and don't mind the restriction go for it.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Damian
What he said.

The triflo looks great, and sounds excellent but it's very restrictive. I'd put it up there with Flowmaster in terms with how bad they "flow".

Not too mention, anybody who spends that kind of money on a muffler and a couple of pipes needs their head examined. Plenty of setups that make more power and sound great in the $350-450 range.
15-19 on a bolt on car??? that sounds ridiculous...
Old 07-24-2009, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have it and for power DON'T GET IT. Before I added it to my car years ago I was running 12.95-13.0's. Then added it and went back to 13.15-13.20's. I went slower. Don't know why,but I lost. Looks nice,but I would never buy it again. A borla makes power,sounds good too. I still have the b&b,for the money spent I kept it and got electric cutouts to make power.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mike c.
I have it and for power DON'T GET IT. Before I added it to my car years ago I was running 12.95-13.0's. Then added it and went back to 13.15-13.20's. I went slower. Don't know why,but I lost. Looks nice,but I would never buy it again. A borla makes power,sounds good too. I still have the b&b,for the money spent I kept it and got electric cutouts to make power.
thanks its nice to hear a first hand account, sounds my restrictive than i thought it would be...ill proly buy a cutout for whatever exhaust i get anyway...i might get it for the sound and look
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by jrob56
15-19 on a bolt on car??? that sounds ridiculous...
I had it on my car so - and dynoed through the exhaust and with the cut out open so I know first hand. I believe the SLP true duals is the best I've seen with only a 9rwhp loss.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

I had it on my car so - and dynoed through the exhaust and with the cut out open so I know first hand. I believe the SLP true duals is the best I've seen with only a 9rwhp loss.
Oh my bad I didnt catch that in the post before, thats nuts...
SLP true duals?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 PM

Sorry I went and double checked and meant SLP Dual Dual
Old 07-25-2009, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

this i don't understand, i had hooker LT's & a hooker Y pipe, cut out & b&b. car did 480rwhp cut out open & 473 with it closed. on the dyno back to back runs...
Old 07-25-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSwanner
this i don't understand, i had hooker LT's & a hooker Y pipe, cut out & b&b. car did 480rwhp cut out open & 473 with it closed. on the dyno back to back runs...
hmm seems to be conflicting info...
Old 07-25-2009, 04:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Damian
What he said.

Some of the cheaper kits sound good, but not as good as the Billy Boat system IMO. Nowhere near. And for the restriction (though this is the first time i've ever heard of such with the B&B system) you can always go with a cutout and solve that problem! As for the price it's kind of similar to how some guys prefer to pay in excess of $1000 for Kooks headers when they could have spent $500 and got a set of quality Pacesetter's and been just fine. I personally like the more "rare" systems like B&B, GMMG, and Corsa because then you don't sound like every other F-body on the road.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Some of the cheaper kits sound good, but not as good as the Billy Boat system IMO. Nowhere near. And for the restriction (though this is the first time i've ever heard of such with the B&B system) you can always go with a cutout and solve that problem! As for the price it's kind of similar to how some guys prefer to pay in excess of $1000 for Kooks headers when they could have spent $500 and got a set of quality Pacesetter's and been just fine. I personally like the more "rare" systems like B&B, GMMG, and Corsa because then you don't sound like every other F-body on the road.
pacesetters don't fit as well, that's why notched k-member and ground clearance is far worse.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
pacesetters don't fit as well, that's why notched k-member and ground clearance is far worse.
I've installed both headers, Kooks on my car and P/S's on a number of friends vehicles. Never had a 'real' issue with fitment. Atleast not a significant enough one to vouch for the $500 price difference.

Now if you wan't to talk about headers with real fitment and clearance issues try installing a set of 1st Generation SLP LT's!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

I was searching for TriFlo and found this. Figured Id drag up an old thread and throw my .02 in.
IMO I havent heard anything that sounds as good on a mostly "stock" car. They cost a little more but nothing different than adjustable Borla or Corsa. GMMG is expensive as well and IMO as low tech as it gets. (Although GREAT exhaust)
As for restrictive I can see that being a little bit of an issue.. But if you want to compare to Borla then run a cutout before the muffler.

Borla flows better because it has a damn cut-out IN THE DESIGN. Most people run the adj plate WIDE open.. Which means the right side tailpipe is your cutout. (Thats why u see a dirty pass side tip and a nice shiny drivers side one)

As far as comparing it to Flowmaster... Please dont. I had a flowmaster catback on my 99Z and it was terrible..terrible...terrible.......TERRIBLE. Its made from an iron based ...rust enhancing..dirt grease and oil attracting..self rotting..flow robbing alloy flowmaster spent years designing. Somehow they engineered it to triple in weight over a 2 year period as well. Its just ****.

B&B is quality made other than the welded on hangers (that Ive heard theyve remedied) and sounds absolutely stellar. Run a cutout for the strip if your worried about minimal loss compared to the best flowing system out there.
B&B's customer service is ****. I have bought 2 of thier systems and they havent helped me with either one when I had problems.

First issue was the hanger I mentioned. LIFETIME WARRANTY unless something breaks . I had it fixed myself. (This happened to a friend of mine as well)
Second issue... If you need ANYTHING replaced on the system..like say a tip if you curb it or someone rearends you.. Forget it. They wont do it.
I believe the only thing they will sell you after a lot of hassle is an Intermediate Pipe ... then you will pay triple what you would pay for any other

All in all TriFlo is great sounding ..decent flowing and wonderful to look at. But the customer service sucks and you may need a cutout for maximum HP..(like you wouldnt anyway) Oh ... and DO NOT DAMAGE IT

Hope my opinion helps someone out

Last edited by veddersbetter; 03-05-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Its one of the best sounding set ups out there. Don"t know about the f-body but I had the B&B PRT exhaust on my C-5 and it flowed really well.