Sponsored by:

NITROUS ? on Vic Jr.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NITROUS ? on Vic Jr.

Hey guys
This question has probably been asked before but id still like to ask.. i have a ls1 with a vic jr. with ls2 TB and looking into running nitrous in the future, i've heard that you need to run the same amount of fuel pressure through ur nitrous kit as u do the fuel rails.
I also was wondering if a carburated plate kit would work on efi engines such as my setup?

What kits would yall recogmend? looking for a kit that will go up to 250 shot, possibly 2 stage 500. Not sure what route to take yet

Thanks
Ray
Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run my Pro-Flow plate on high pressure. No real problems
Old 08-11-2009, 02:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You can run EFI plate or Carb. plate with either high or low fuel pressure. The difference will be the fuel jetting. Nitrous jets are usually slightly different between plates, but that is usually do to kits being rated at the crank or at the wheels.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok cool well i want to be safe and haul ***. I have already faced facts that it pays to play so not so much lookin into price (but is a Factor) as it is which is more effected and a nice and clean setup.

What are a couple of yall kits you recogmend? Both carb and Ls2 Plated kits.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

you can run it any way you like. Mine has a DP Dry stage and two Dry plate stages behind the 90mm TB. it's all run through the stock PCM.

Robert
Old 08-12-2009, 04:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigboy576103
ok cool well i want to be safe and haul ***. I have already faced facts that it pays to play so not so much lookin into price (but is a Factor) as it is which is more effected and a nice and clean setup.

What are a couple of yall kits you recogmend? Both carb and Ls2 Plated kits.
You might as well forget spraying a wet shot with a conventional TB plate with any kind of elbow on there. You can go dry like Robert, but you'll need to get an Interface setup. I've been there with the wet shot behind the TB through the elbow. The elbow kills the distribution. I would talk to the guys over at HSW. They have this stuff down to a science.

I think the carb plate is the way to go for you. There are a million of them out there. Some of the best are Speedtech and Nitrous Pro-flow. Supposedly the Zex is pretty nice too. Like I said, I make advertised power fueling my pro flow off the rail with high pressure. No problems yet. The high pressure comes into play when you are running a direct port. The jets just get so small that they are succeptible to getting clogged.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok so let me get this right i can just run a carburated kit or do i still have to get a kit thats for efi and just put a plate on it??

Thanks for the tips like i said i dont have the finances yet to buy anything but now i have a better idea of what i want to look for. Thanks guys
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

ok so let me get this right i can just run a carburated kit or do i still have to get a kit thats for efi and just put a plate on it??

Thanks for the tips like i said i dont have the finances yet to buy anything but now i have a better idea of what i want to look for. Thanks guys
You can buy a carb kit and get differnt fuel jets for it.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Another option for you instead of buying a Plate system we could plumb the intake with spray bars. Thats what i have done to my Vic Jr and the kit can be adjusted from 50-500hp if need on a single stage or we could plumb 2 stages into the intake.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/installs/install.asp?id=17

<-- Single Stage bars shown

-Chris
Old 08-12-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

that plumbed intake is sweet
Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

how much does it cost for you to put the spray bars into my vic jr. Also what elbow were you runing were it would not distribute evenly/ I have a intakeelbow from arron and im going to run the 90mm plate and dont want to have problems.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im interested in what that would cost!!!! and how much for a kit to run a setup like that? bottle, lines, noids
Old 08-12-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
You might as well forget spraying a wet shot with a conventional TB plate with any kind of elbow on there. You can go dry like Robert, but you'll need to get an Interface setup. I've been there with the wet shot behind the TB through the elbow. The elbow kills the distribution. I would talk to the guys over at HSW. They have this stuff down to a science.

I think the carb plate is the way to go for you. There are a million of them out there. Some of the best are Speedtech and Nitrous Pro-flow. Supposedly the Zex is pretty nice too. Like I said, I make advertised power fueling my pro flow off the rail with high pressure. No problems yet. The high pressure comes into play when you are running a direct port. The jets just get so small that they are succeptible to getting clogged.
Did you guys ever try the Edelbrock elbows, with the engineered divider to cure the lean cylinder issue present with sheet metal type elbows?
Robert
Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Did you guys ever try the Edelbrock elbows, with the engineered divider to cure the lean cylinder issue present with sheet metal type elbows?
Robert
I haven't messed with the edlebrock elbows. I don't think the fuel will maintain suspension through an approx. 100* turn before it even hits the runners. That's before we even get into the distribution issues. That elbow may have fixed the distribution when it comes to a dry shot, but I just don't think it's an optimal setup for the wet plates
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here's a link for engines from yellowbullet and I think you will see that a plate system is the way to go, and for reasons. The majority of the guys are running a plate kit on the single planes. Some are old style spray bar plates, but the guys in the know are moving towards the perimeter style plate kits. Do your research and I am sure you will find what you think works best for your needs. If you really want to go with spray bar style plate, Wilson has some of the best. Their bar holes and locations are actually engineered for nice 360 plenum shot, unlike average spray bars that deliver uneven a/f ratio per hole and can become a tuners nightmare, lol.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=157740
Robert
Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
I haven't messed with the edlebrock elbows. I don't think the fuel will maintain suspension through an approx. 100* turn before it even hits the runners. That's before we even get into the distribution issues. That elbow may have fixed the distribution when it comes to a dry shot, but I just don't think it's an optimal setup for the wet plates
yea, I am debating trying a wet, cough-cough, plate kit with the Edelbrock elbow to see if it will help. that's what id great about the dry, it will flow just like the air we breath. some of the sheet metal intakes were causing front cylinder lean conditions even n/a, at least the low ones. I have a feeling as long as we don't spray the wet at to low of an RPM, the Edelbrock elbows just might work? Then again, it's just as easy to go carb style plate on the single plane.
Robert
Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
yea, I am debating trying a wet, cough-cough, plate kit with the Edelbrock elbow to see if it will help. that's what id great about the dry, it will flow just like the air we breath. some of the sheet metal intakes were causing front cylinder lean conditions even n/a, at least the low ones. I have a feeling as long as we don't spray the wet at to low of an RPM, the Edelbrock elbows just might work? Then again, it's just as easy to go carb style plate on the single plane.
Robert
My test for that setup sucked. Popped the driver side head gasket and had a backfire x2. I'll just stick with my 4150 now. More power to ya if you do try it though.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya i've recently seen the wilson setups and they are really tempting i think i found a guy that has one that hes trying to get rid of.. im gonna try and see what i can do about getting it.. They seem like they work well but so does every brand that advertise there products.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by deathbydisplacement
how much does it cost for you to put the spray bars into my vic jr. Also what elbow were you runing were it would not distribute evenly/ I have a intakeelbow from arron and im going to run the 90mm plate and dont want to have problems.
If you want the Intake only done and not a complete system it will be $275.00. I'm running our elbow that we produce http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/installs/install.asp?id=22 with an NX 90mm TB and there is no problem with distribution at all. Also if using a plate with this bar setup there will be no issues either.

Im interested in what that would cost!!!! and how much for a kit to run a setup like that? bottle, lines, noids
For a single stage setup you are looking @ $875.00 < Comes with noids good to 400+hp, Labor to the intake, jetting from 50-300hp or i can do jetting from 100-500hp, all lines hoses etc...to hook the kit up >

For a dual stage setup you are looking around the $1200.00 range.

-Chris
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn dont sound bad at all.. now does that come with a bottle to?
Doing it that way is it more affective since its closer to the cylinders?

Quick Reply: NITROUS ? on Vic Jr.