Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few pics of my dual catch can setup...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Few pics of my dual catch can setup...

I ordered the ls1 dc3 catch can setup from Saikou Michi Co about 2 weeks ago. It arrived a few days ago and I just got it put in. I had to bend the bracket a bit, and remove the handle for my optima and twist the terminal around to the side a bit. Overall I am happy with how it came out. Probably going to do something about the shiny hose clamps and bolts exposed.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks awesome!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure looks good! I ordered these clamps for mine http://www.smallparts.com/Snapper-Ra...AF&pf_rd_t=301 . Couldn't find them in black. Smallparts has lots of cool little parts. Not to come out of the closet, but I spend some time on their site.lol

Type "Acetal Snapper Type Hose Clamp" in their search and it brings up all the different sizes.

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 09-24-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Great idea. I spend a good amount of time there also.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

i have the same setup and am still getting oil in my intake... it's hooked up right and i can't figure out what the prob is... the last thing i'm going to try is swapping my pcv out for the newer style, but honestly i don't see how this would solve the problem since the pcv valve is before the catch cans so the oil should be trapped once it enters the cans... i have yet to have a drop of oil come out of either of the cans after roughly 500 miles of driving... i'm wondering if they screwed up my cans when they made them lol, and you can't exactly see inside of them either... i'm stumped
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by neutron82
i have the same setup and am still getting oil in my intake... it's hooked up right and i can't figure out what the prob is... the last thing i'm going to try is swapping my pcv out for the newer style, but honestly i don't see how this would solve the problem since the pcv valve is before the catch cans so the oil should be trapped once it enters the cans... i have yet to have a drop of oil come out of either of the cans after roughly 500 miles of driving... i'm wondering if they screwed up my cans when they made them lol, and you can't exactly see inside of them either... i'm stumped
Might not even be a pcv problem. What kind of engine setup? Heads, cam, etc.? Could be reversion. Oil getting pulled up through the intake side of the head.

I don't want to hijack this thread. So start a new one with the issues and what your setup is. Lots of people here to help figure it out!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
Might not even be a pcv problem. What kind of engine setup? Heads, cam, etc.? Could be reversion. Oil getting pulled up through the intake side of the head.

I don't want to hijack this thread. So start a new one with the issues and what your setup is. Lots of people here to help figure it out!
Agree, post up if you want to discuss.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino

it's just a full bolt ons car... 143k, no smoke or any unusual issues, it actually runs really good... i honestly didn't notice much oil consumption before i put the cans on, i just wanted to trap what little oil was getting in there since i just put on a new intake... i have a small oil leak from the oil pan but not bad enough to notice much... i would say my oil level might go down 2-3mm on the dipstick after about 1000-1500 miles of driving... the oil that is getting in the intake is not bad but it is there... i took my lid/maf/bellows out and open the throttle plate and you can feel a sticky film of oil on the back of it so that's why i was assuming the catch cans weren't working properly since the return hose goes in the side of the throttle body right behind the plate... i had talked to 405HP_Z06 about this in another thread and he mentioned valve seals... and you are saying something along the same lines... educate me as to how that happens and would get on the back of the throttle plate??... i can't figure out how oil would get on the back of the throttle plate since there is a constant vacuum inside the manifold which would pull it back towards the back of the intake and out the intake ports... so i'm lost lol

Quick Reply: Few pics of my dual catch can setup...