LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems

My car has developed a loud clicking noise on startup that comes from inside the dash. It stops after a minute or two but randomly starts again. Blower Motor?

Number two, I believe a sensor is going out, Sometimes it won't recognize that I'm buckled in and the airbag light flashes. Then, after a minute of driving, the "Service Airbag" warning appears on the DIC. I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I hit up the service department.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

There has been several Impalas on NAIOA that have reported the clicking in the dash, I forget exactly what they reported it was. If Corny reads the thread he'd be able to tell you.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine does the same with the air on "hi" but goes away when I set the system to recirc. Seems like its a flapper door for the ventilation system that's getting stuck.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that dash issue has something to do with the heater hoses on top of the engine. The Airbag light could be the air bag controller. I had the same problem with mine, they repaired the passenger side seat belt buckle wire, the whole buckle, finally then they put a new controller in.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Launching!

im one of the guys on NAIOA with the tick.. its like right behind the radio right? and its on for like exactly a minute every time?
it use to only happen to me when i remote started the car.. as soon as i got in turned the key and TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK.......
but that didnt bother me since i only remote started it in the mornings..

NOW idk wtf happened that it goes off EVERY time the engine is off and i unlock the car with the remote or open the fucken door.. its annoying and embarrasing.. if the engine is off and i open the door it will tick, once it stops ticking there is no limit to how many times it will go off.. i open the door again and again it ticks.. **** pissed me off so i went to the stealership.. 95 dollars to check what it is
then im under extended warranty so gotta see if theyr gonna cover it or how much ima have to pay FML
Old 10-09-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSGoat
im one of the guys on NAIOA with the tick.. its like right behind the radio right? and its on for like exactly a minute every time?
it use to only happen to me when i remote started the car.. as soon as i got in turned the key and TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK.......
but that didnt bother me since i only remote started it in the mornings..

NOW idk wtf happened that it goes off EVERY time the engine is off and i unlock the car with the remote or open the fucken door.. its annoying and embarrasing.. if the engine is off and i open the door it will tick, once it stops ticking there is no limit to how many times it will go off.. i open the door again and again it ticks.. **** pissed me off so i went to the stealership.. 95 dollars to check what it is
then im under extended warranty so gotta see if theyr gonna cover it or how much ima have to pay FML
That's exactly what it is. Now what do we do about it?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Launching!

well since mine started out of nowere acting up every time i open the door i said **** it, and ima take it to the stealership, spend a couple hundred fixing this minor problem unless the warranty covers it which im sure theyll try to avoid using..
Old 10-09-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

i have a problem where my air bag light will come on just randomly and be on for maybe 15 minutes sometime less sometime more. but i kept it running one day with the car still running and the airbag light on and it went off when i sat in the passenger seat but it went off exactly when the passenger airbag says on.. i took it to the dealer and they started saying that i MUST be putting heavy things on the seat and it thru off the sensor. so they "re-zero'd" it and it still has been doing it. ??????????? anyone have similar problems . i hate having a nice GXP 42k miles and having the airbag light on..
Old 10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Airbag thing happens to me from time to time, but not often enough for me to care. Its usually when i turn the car on with the key. dont know what the deal is, usually goes away after a min once the car starts moving.