LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Modified GXPs Air-Box

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified GXPs Air-Box

Unfortunately is not done yet because of a miss measurement and ordered the wrong size 45* silicon hose. For those of you that want to do this and order the elbow from http://www.siliconeintakes.com Order the one listed as 3.5". I messed up and ordered the 3.0" and the outer diameter of that one is what I need the inner diameter to be.

But here is what I have done so far. Order the K&N Drop-in or pick it up from Autozone (with my 10% military discount it was cheaper to get it at Autozone since they had it in stock). And get out you saw, drill, knife, cut off wheel, what ever you want or have to use that will be used to cut the plastic air box. I used what I had, a drill to put holes at the corners, a small saw, and a sharp knife.

Take the air filter out, disconnect the elbow from the MAF, and set the MAF/air box part and set it aside (you can leave it connectd and set it on the strut tower. take the brace off so you can pull the air box half out.
Take the tube out that the air normal flows through into the air box. notice how small it is. Now all ya do is just cut the side of that part of the air box out where the tube was.

I put the tube back in in one of the pics to show how much bigger the hole for the air is. Also got a shot of the hole behine the headlight where the air comes in at and a pic through the air box at that hole.

Notice the size difference

Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if your stock MAF and TB is the same as what's on the monte's and impala's, then the 3.5" intake hose is gonna be too big...

you need the 3.25"....

believe me, I've been through 'em all... 3, 3.5, and finally the 3.25"....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Crap looks like I'm gonna have to try to cancel that order then.. cause yes it the same (no reason why it would be different.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah...

this is the one you need:

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...5544f975796b0c

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

LOL the 3.5 stuff just came in today. They are very fast with their shipping. And its too big... How is the fit of the 3.25?
Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by CooterXJ
LOL the 3.5 stuff just came in today. They are very fast with their shipping. And its too big... How is the fit of the 3.25?
I did the same thing you did man HAHAHAHA...

I did the 3" first... too small..

then I ordered the 3.5"... too big...

THEN I ordered the 3.25" - and it's PEFECT!! fits like a glove man...

Old 10-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I did the same thing you did man HAHAHAHA...

I did the 3" first... too small..

then I ordered the 3.5"... too big...

THEN I ordered the 3.25" - and it's PEFECT!! fits like a glove man...
LOL I thought the 3.25 was goign to be too snug after getting the 3"

I should have asked here if anyone had done it LOL.

But right now till November 1 they are out of stock on the 3.25 clamps (worm, I'm not paying the extra money for the T-clamps) I'll just re use the factory ones for now.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Did you notice a difference with the air box mod?

Quick Reply: Modified GXPs Air-Box