Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TM with Predator

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM with Predator

Hey guys I have heard that when you use predator it automatically delets TM, Is there somewhere on Predator you can check this? Thanks guys...also I plan to purchase LS1 Edit soon.

Wes
Old 12-05-2003, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

To the top
Old 12-06-2003, 11:14 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No there isn't it does it in the background when you install the performance tune
Old 12-06-2003, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by koolrayz
No there isn't it does it in the background when you install the performance tune
A performance tune usualy increases timing and leans a little. I'm shooting N2O 150 dry so this is a NONO. Would you compensate by retarding/enriching with it?? I understand that the retard/AFR change ability is limited on the Predator could I still retard enough to keep the tune and reach 26* at WOT with lets say 10.8:1 AFR??

Or do I have to get a special tune on it?
If so could you tellme how?
Old 12-06-2003, 12:56 PM
8 Second Club

I had a custom tune sent to me from predator when i installed the dry kit. it took almost a month to get it so email them right away. They will give you the details on how to get a custom tune its very easy to do just takes forever. i run 26 degree's at WOT. The tune they sent me richened the car up to 11.5 A/F i had the nitrous ready before i got the tune it made a huge diference in power with the juice after i got the tune installed. are you running a stock fuel system?
Old 12-07-2003, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nope, 36lbs injectors and Racetronix intank.I was using an inline booster with the stock pump for a while, it worked fine but I was uneasy with that set up so I went Racetronics.

I plan to eventualy go with 100 shot dry followed by a 100 shot wet in a 2 stage dry/wet system. but I think I might forge my internals first.
In any case I have to change my cam to a more "nitrous friendly" split cam.

Last edited by 4thGENRETARD; 12-07-2003 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:34 AM
Restricted User

Predator DOES NOT automatically delete torque management! You as a user must request that in a custom tune. KoolRayz, I dont know who you went thru for your tune, but james@runninwiththedevil.com seems to be able to crank out a tune in about 15 minutes, once you get ahold of him!
Do you dry guys like that fat a mixture at WOT? 10.8:1, holy cow. I ran 150 wet on predator generic tune 33* and a 13.1:1 afr with no KR. Now, at 12.8:1afr and 26* I am running 175 and a recent 200shot, that one did blow my trnas though!
Old 12-07-2003, 08:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What makes you say that it doesn't delete TM? It sure
seems to have, on mine; no timing pullback during shift
for me, in my logging, until RPMs have fallen.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:37 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4thGENRETARD
I plan to eventualy go with 100 shot dry followed by a 100 shot wet in a 2 stage dry/wet system.
Im goin to switch to a wet second stage this winter. Still looking at using propaine trying to find a place for the bottle outside the passenger compartment. I dont think 11.5 A/F Is out of line but i do think 33 degree's of timing on a 150 shot is
Old 12-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Restricted User

Yeah, it was a lot of timing, and luckily got away with it. 11.5 isnt THAT bad, but like I asked, is that how dry guys like it? Theres always debate and room to gian knowledge, just asking.

Jimmyblue-so since you had TM deleted on yours I guess thats the rule right? I have at least 6 close friends with Predator, and I have spent countless hours working with Diablo tuners to get answers for questions like these. It is not the rule to delete TM, reduce it some, ok, sure I can see that. But due to liability and other things, NORMALLY it is deleted upon request. Thats the deal!
Old 12-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Launching!

It sure as hell does delete TM. I used to have to break torque if I wanted a smoke show. Now I can burn'em from a roll. I also used to cruise around town in D for more power. Now OD feels like D. My car used to feel like all the power was over 4000 rpm......now that seems to have reversed.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Restricted User

ZtwentyAte-TM has nothing to do with what your talking about. Brake torque and OD, WTF?

Torque Management is when the PCM pulls timing in preparation for a shift. This reduces amount of torque and is supposed to make the trans life longer. Nothing to do with smoking the tires or OD sorry. Unless Diablo has changed its policy, which I doubt but it is a possiblity, then they do NOT delete TM on generic tune, and Ihave verified not only thru logging but LS1Edit. Predator may, again MAY adjust TM so it has much less effect, and theres the possibility that since it is a bunch of binary code BS that some may go out the door programmed to DELETE TM, but that is not the rule!
Old 12-07-2003, 10:35 PM
8 Second Club

CAT3 Maybe they deleted it when they did the custom tune I know theres no sign of it on my car. After i got the custom tune i dynoed the car and it made the most power with the fuel turned all the way up on the predator that ended up at 11.5 It starts to lean out and loses alot of power at the higher RPM's so i short shift for now. will be changing my setup this winter
Old 12-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Restricted User

Oh believe me, they will and do delete it on custom tunes. Matter o fact I have about 9 customs in my file folder now. I just recently installed a different new cam, and James sent the new tunes in about 30min. Much better time than before.
For that you can also have them copy the high over the low octane and then minus a couple degrees...took me about a month, but James&Johann finally got that part unlocked. I do question whether or not the p0300 code is merely turned off or if it is indeed adjusted to the cam doesnt set it off at low rpm. When I get edit someday I will let you know.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Sorry, I guess I take my dumb *** and drive off a cliff.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just jump off and leave your Z behind. LOL just kidding.
To answer the fat 10.8 question IMO, I found that since dry shooting does not guarantee even distribution on all cylinders as in direct port, I leave a margin (little big one) just in case a cylinder would go lean, while monitoring my KR with twin custom 0.040 jets with FIPK/GMAF/BBK TB, I found some but not all the time at 11.2 AFR so I adjusted till there was none at all and that was 10.8.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This one-article thread on EFILive.com shows TM effect on
spark advance (cyan line in the middle graph):

http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=314

This spark dip is not there in my logs (post-Predator). The
duration of the TM spark pull is probably too short for you
to catch on the Predator real-time display but a logger at
10/sec should show you something like the web page has,
if you have TM still active.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess ill be getting Edit soon...I think this is my problem, it started occuring when I got my converter put in, my car doesnt feel like people say it should and I am thinking its TM...any input...thanks guys.

Wes
Old 12-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Restricted User

Yes onebadz, email your vendor and tell him to eliminate Tm altogether, and also have him copy the high over low octane -x * if you like. They can adjust the TCC just like Edit.

PPL you have to understand, the predator can do most all, if not all, the things Edit can. You just have to tell your tuner what you want. If you walk into a dyno tune house and drop off your car and say tune it, I imagine a shop would want to know, the items used on the car, its use-more track, nitrous etc...what problems if any and all that, tuners feel free to chime in on this one. I am sure a tuner would not adjust your PE vs RPM and idle, timing and such without logging or feedback tools like Atap, dyno, wideband etc... You will receive, or should, what you ask for!

Charlie.