PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need your helps folks...what is best aftermarket fuel management system? and why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 06:47 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question need your helps folks...what is best aftermarket fuel management system? and why?

for an LS1, who makes the best aftermarket fuel management system. DFI or FAST or any other brand that I overlooked. and can I ask why you like it over another make?

TIA
Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 AM

anyone???? lol!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Gen7, very user friendly, lotta options Check your PMs
Old 12-09-2003, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For LS1's unless you want to do some custom work/fitting/electronics, etc. the Gen VII and FAST are your two real options. The Gen VII is probably a nicer unit (haven't used it myself yet), but it also costs more - you are probably looking at a ~700 dollar difference w/ wideband for both new. So it depends what that 700 is worth to you in terms of features and abilities.

If you are going to get someone to tune it then I would go with whichever your tuner preferrs/sells.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I'm running a bank/bank FAST with the Cartek crank sensor adaptor. I am not using an Edis right now.

FAST is working on an adaptor box that will allow LS1 users to have a true standalone, that will control the fuel AND the timing. Right now my FAST controls the fuel. I am using LS1 Edit and my factory pcm and harness to control timing. FAST is pretty easy to use.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:32 PM

thanks guys!!!! i appreciate the feedback, i am relaying the info to a friend who is out of town and has no internet access, sucker!!! lol!!!

couple of more questions....
1. both have wideband, right? as an option....
2. do both have switches to control things like nitrous. well only that thing, lol!
3. are both systems able to adjust based on weather conditions? does that make sense, just something i had heard. i will assume wideband is a must for an option like this? in other words can itbe set up to optimize based on air conditions/ weather? sorry if i am talking out my ***, but i gotta ask.

are there any other features that separate the two units?

thanks again!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

DFI has a standalone full harness and you can splice it in to the facotry PCM and gauges - Joe overton is doing a couple right now.

DFI can control up to 3 stages of nitrous depending on what harness you get (you get a nitrous harness to control all that)
Old 12-09-2003, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
DFI has a standalone full harness and you can splice it in to the facotry PCM and gauges - Joe overton is doing a couple right now.

DFI can control up to 3 stages of nitrous depending on what harness you get (you get a nitrous harness to control all that)
yes thanks i spoke with joe on the phone for about an hour i have been enlightened! thanks again!