Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Pegged out (MAF)...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCM Pegged out (MAF)...

My tuner has told me that the pcm is offically pegged out in my 02 t/a. It's a procharged f1c 451lsx. I have seen a "MAF signal massager" that is from Procharger. Will this help with it from "pegging" out the pcm? I'm wanting to keep the MAF for the weather changes.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you said you want to keep the maf for weather changes but I'd advise against that on this setup. A proper 2 or 3 bar SD tune will run better and remain consistent throughout the year than trying to make the maf work on this application. With a multiple bar operating system you can tune specific rpm vs. airflow points in the VE table. The required fueling for each cell should never need to change if tuned correctly. The only thing weather will do is move you to a different airflow cell for a given rpm column, so if tuned properly in SD the computer will take care of the weather. A setup like you have listed requires extra maintenance and attention, part of which should be on board air/fuel metering and occasionally redynoing the car to check everything out and make sure it's running how it should. I think you're going to make your life more difficult and not unlock the potential of that setup by trying to fudge a maf tune.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 I would not tune an F1 blown 451LSX with a MAF. It will be maxed out by 3K RPMs!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. Will it make more power with the same setup without the maf tune and do the s.d. tune?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

lol it should have been maxed out a long time ago..... there is always the option of the mt everest pe table lol
Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a 100mm power maf...... u know anyone wanting a HUGE POWER MAF for cheap?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02' hawk
Thanks for all the input. Will it make more power with the same setup without the maf tune and do the s.d. tune?
It will be the same power, but your AFR's propensity for wandering all over the place based on outside weather will be gone. It's ironic that you want to keep the MAF for "weather changes" yet unlike SD, your WOT AFR will vary wildly based on outside temperature running it past it's max.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

you maxed out a 100mm maf!! holy crap, you must be over 800whp

i guess you could grab an aluminum maf bung and weld on a 5" pipe. but you will loose alot of resolution, squeezing the same amount of data on the same table.

but over 700whp just go custom os 2 or 3 bar.

people that have to retune with sd tunes all the time usually forget to tune the Flow rate vs IAT multiplyer table to compensate for air density vs temp.

-carl
Old 12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carlrx7
you maxed out a 100mm maf!! holy crap, you must be over 800whp
-carl
Maaaaaayyyyybbbbbeeeeee....... lol. It's around that on pump gas. I haven't ran any race fuel YET!

Quick Reply: PCM Pegged out (MAF)...