Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Diff Bushing Tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diff Bushing Tool

Anyone have one I can borrow so I can change my differential bushing more easily?

Let me know please... my bushing is SHOT.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can this job be done using the ball joint press that can be rented free from AutoZone?
Old 12-20-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

The tools are for loan over on cadillacforums.com. You can not use the ball joint press.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Banned

I did it without the tool but I admit it was a pain in the ***. Made two carefull cuts in the metal sleeve with a sawsaw once I pushed the rubber part out.

Then I used a flat head and folded in the area I just cut. the sleeve poped right out.

try to get the tool ... I just had spare time and already had the exhaust off and etc.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harbor Freight had a balljoint press that I used to install urethane control arm bushings in a Miata, but it required quite a bit of space, and may be the same thing Autozone has for rent. You can make something with threaded rod, some stacks of washers, and some exhaust tubing or heavy gauge PVC pipe. I received one of CS's updated bushings, it appears there was a bit of material shaved from the exterior of the shell. Their "softer" material is gray, correct?

BTW, what does it take to be able to post a response to an add in the V classifieds section? I keep getting the "you are not authorized" notice.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lubelizard
Harbor Freight had a balljoint press that I used to install urethane control arm bushings in a Miata, but it required quite a bit of space, and may be the same thing Autozone has for rent. You can make something with threaded rod, some stacks of washers, and some exhaust tubing or heavy gauge PVC pipe. I received one of CS's updated bushings, it appears there was a bit of material shaved from the exterior of the shell. Their "softer" material is gray, correct?

BTW, what does it take to be able to post a response to an add in the V classifieds section? I keep getting the "you are not authorized" notice.

Hey hows the grey urathane feel? somewhat soft ?

I have the uuc bushing and im thinking of getting rid of it, its hard as a rock.
Doesnt have and give in the rear end.

Give me some info on the bushing.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

I had a tool made but ended up having the dealership do it, if you want to barrow one. Send me a PM, I can ship it out to ya (but I need it back when your done!).
Old 12-22-2009, 11:53 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, I don't check this forum very often. There is a response on the other forum to your post. You are first on the list right now. I should have one within a week or two.

Quick Reply: Diff Bushing Tool