Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default exhaust for 2010

i am taking my sweet time when it comes to picking out what i want to do to my car, and i've always wanted some opinions..this is a good place to start.. i need help deciding between either a corsa exhaust or magnaflow for my 2010..

i want to know which one people think sound better.. i'm stumped..
Old 01-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Teching In

I went with magnaflow. But it's all about personal preferance. Check out some internet clips. The net clips really don't do it justice, but unless you know several different people with several different exhaust, that's all you got.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Teching In

There's several clips on C5 of the different exhausts with different mods. I'm sure you could also find them on youtube too. I hear the TSP exhaust sounds very nice too and it's at a great price. They use Magnaflows. For not a lot more than the Corsa, you can get the entire TSP exhaust from LT's to tips.

Is it a M6 or A6? That makes a difference since some are reported to sound terrible when AFM kicks in.

Last edited by ecmoman; 01-11-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

both corsa and magnaflow make a great product
magnaflow is louder than corsa if it were my car i would do maganflow
im a dealer for both of them and can get you a great deal on either one
give me a call
817-503-8947
Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

I think the Corsa sounds pretty sweet myself... But then again I've always been a big fan of Magnaflow too. I couldn't make up my mind either, and to satisfy my craving for a rumble I just picked up a 5' stick of 2.5" stainless from ebay for about $50 shipped and had my local muffler shop cut the mufflers out and re-use the stock tips. All said and done it really isn't too loud, but it has a nice rumble at startup and a pretty good sound for much less than the other muffler delete kits out there.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ecmoman
There's several clips on C5 of the different exhausts with different mods. I'm sure you could also find them on youtube too. I hear the TSP exhaust sounds very nice too and it's at a great price. They use Magnaflows. For not a lot more than the Corsa, you can get the entire TSP exhaust from LT's to tips.

Is it a M6 or A6? That makes a difference since some are reported to sound terrible when AFM kicks in.
its an A6, well the guy ive been talking to strongly recomends the corsa but then i also hear it sounds like ****, so im gunna have to check the magnaflow out for sure
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by scottyk246
I think the Corsa sounds pretty sweet myself... But then again I've always been a big fan of Magnaflow too. I couldn't make up my mind either, and to satisfy my craving for a rumble I just picked up a 5' stick of 2.5" stainless from ebay for about $50 shipped and had my local muffler shop cut the mufflers out and re-use the stock tips. All said and done it really isn't too loud, but it has a nice rumble at startup and a pretty good sound for much less than the other muffler delete kits out there.

good idea!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

I would give magnaflow a shot. ive had it on my last few cars and love it. has that just right deep burble to it at idle. but when u floor it things get really loud. Mike @ gforce may have a car sitting at the shop with a magnaflow catback you can listen to and see for yourself if its right for you.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vicouSS10
its an A6, well the guy ive been talking to strongly recomends the corsa but then i also hear it sounds like ****, so im gunna have to check the magnaflow out for sure
You will DEFINITELY want to look into the exhaust specifically made for the L99. There are some that will minimize the drone with AFM on the highway. If you have it turned off with a tune, it won't be a problem though.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

If all you are really after is sound...I'd go Magnaflow...if you are worried about drone, I know coming from the vette clan...the corsas don't drone.
Me...you can search what I did...but I took the big 30" resonator out, put in a true Magnaflow X and continued the 2.5" pipe. Gets more attention now and now drone. Sounds like a dang motorboat when the AFM kicks in...but mine is tuned out now.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

plus 1 for corsa it sounds freakin awesome
Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Teching In

thanks everyone, i found a good deal on magnaflow looks like im going with that..it was a hard decission though...will post a vid once i get exhaust so everyone can hear!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever thought of buying the mufflers and having a shop weld them in place of the stockers? I hate to see people throw away tons of money for the same pipes, same tips, and just some different mufflers. Catbacks for LS2 GTOs and 5th Gens are a rip off. You already have big shiny tips and 2.5'' diameter pipe. Just buy the mufflers (prob like 80-100 bucks for the pair) and have a shop weld em in for another $100 and save $200-$300+ over the guy who bought the "kit".
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by vicouSS10
thanks everyone, i found a good deal on magnaflow looks like im going with that..it was a hard decission though...will post a vid once i get exhaust so everyone can hear!

Pascal whatever deal you got on the magnaflow I can SMASH IT!
Swing by the shop and we will hook u up!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Hey I saw you a few weeks ago on the El Dorado overpass... you were going one way and I was going the other, but I'm pretty sure we both did the "camaro wave".

As far as exhaust goes, my plan (this weekend or next) is to have Brad's Muffler shop in Alvin weld in a couple of 40 series flowmasters or POSSIBLY Magnaflows, cut out the little resonators (LS3 here, no giganto res) and reuse the stock tips. Like Coolaid said above, our exhaust set ups dont really justify a 4 digit catback when we already have 2.5" true dual exhaust with a crossover tube.

Last edited by LS-1st-Gen; 01-15-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I've heard both systems in question, kinda like the Magnaflow sound better.

Friendswood! I grew up there

Tony

Quick Reply: exhaust for 2010