Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

adjustable or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable or not?

i plan on buying LCA's and a panhard bar, i already know im gonna go with just regular control arms but i was wondering if a adjustable panhard bar makes a big difference or well atleast a worth the money difference.

thx seth
Old 01-28-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

If your car is loweredor you ever plan on lowering it the adjustable is a good idea cuz not every rear end sits perfect. The panhard will adj the rear end side to side and the control arms will adj it front to back so you can get the wheels centered in the wheel well
Old 01-28-2010, 07:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
If the vehicle is lowered or is going to have a aftermarket rear in it. I would highly recommend going with a set of adjustable control arms not to only help center the rear under the vehicle but also takes any binding issues out of the vehicle as well. If you are going to keep the vehicle at stock ride height and it is going to be a daily driver you will be fine with non adjustable components with poly bushing or our NEW Roto Joint. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ekeaicnrv2ldk4

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ekeaicnrv2ldk4

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 01-28-2010, 07:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

umi, are you guys going to have any tax season sales?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by killaxtranz
i plan on buying LCA's and a panhard bar, i already know im gonna go with just regular control arms but i was wondering if a adjustable panhard bar makes a big difference or well atleast a worth the money difference.

thx seth
whats your current setup?
how do you intend to use the car?
its impossible for anyone to know what would be good for you without more information.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by killaxtranz

thx seth
Give Sam Strano A call.

http://www.stranoparts.com.

you will not be able to find a better suspension rep than Sam. He will help you build your suspension to suit your needs.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pro_built7
Give Sam Strano A call.

http://www.stranoparts.com.

you will not be able to find a better suspension rep than Sam. He will help you build your suspension to suit your needs.

calling Sam is always good advice. But be prepared by knowing what you want from your car, what your not happy with now, and what your intended use for the car is. Sam will give you great advice for what you need to get the results YOU want. Others will jump in to say "We can sell you this". Sam is the man for learning what you really need.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by puggerton03
umi, are you guys going to have any tax season sales?
Hello
It is hard to say! What I would suggest doing is open a account on our site and we will email you about any sales we are offering.
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

From personal experience go adjustable always. You wont regret it, money or not. Now I have a set of LCAs and a panhard bar that prevent me from lowering/going 9 ". UMI all the way IMO!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

I got a used, non adjustable Yellow BMR Panhard I'll ship for $50 to the lower 48 states.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

i just ordered a moser 9' and my car is stock height for now, not planning on lowering it.. but i like to change my mind alot. and yes i love UMI products. so i will probably go ahead and buy adj lca's and panhard. street/strip car
Old 01-28-2010, 10:32 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

if your going with a non-stock rear end, the answer to your original question should have been obvious.

Quick Reply: adjustable or not?