Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI 2038 PHB Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI 2038 PHB Question

Hey guys I'm kind of stuck right now with suspension upgrades because of my future plans. For instance, I can't (or don't want to) do LCAs right now because I still have a 10 bolt and will be going to a Dana 60 in the future. So I don't want to have to get brackets and all that for the crappy 10 bolt when the Dana 60 will have them already. I'm torn on torque arms because of this same thing (I think I need to wait till I get the rear end. I can't do a beefy drive shaft untill I get the rear because it has to be shorter.

My question is this, can I do the UMI 2038 PHB with my stock rear and use it later down the line when I swap to my new Dana 60 ? And I guess I'm right about everything else above right ? I need to wait till I get the rear end before I can purchase any other suspension pieces ?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Yes our panhard bar will bolt onto all rear ends.

When you say Dana 60 do you mean a Strange S60?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

When you say Dana 60 do you mean a Strange S60?
Yes that's correct, and if that will still work fine then I'll be getting it soon because I need it right now for extra clearance for wider wheels and tires I'm about to put on. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RedHottG2
Yes that's correct, and if that will still work fine then I'll be getting it soon because I need it right now for extra clearance for wider wheels and tires I'm about to put on. Thanks!
Well the nice thing about the S60 is all the products we offer will bolt on to the factory rear end and the S60. So you can swap all the items if you decided to get them including control arms, bolt on relocation brackets and a torque arm. The only item of ours I do not recommend on the S60 is our non-adjustable torque arm.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

OK that sounds great, I'll be picking up the 2038 PHB along with bolt on relocation brackets along with 2038 LCAs to use with the S60 down the line.

Curious, do you offer a torque arm (since you said not to use the non-adjustable) for my set up ? Or would I need to look for something through Madman for that ?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

OK that sounds great, I'll be picking up the 2038 PHB along with bolt on relocation brackets along with 2038 LCAs to use with the S60 down the line.

Curious, do you offer a torque arm (since you said not to use the non-adjustable) for my set up ? Or would I need to look for something through Madman for that ?
Great!

And sorry If I confused you. Any torque arm we offer will work on the S60 and factory rear end with the exception of part # 2206. Here is the link to all our torque arms, we just don't recommend #2206 for $219.99- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ex&cPath=7_115

If you need help choosing a torque arm I will be glad to help. Just give me some information like current exhaust, other suspension modifications and how you drive the car?

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 02-01-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Great!

And sorry If I confused you. Any torque arm we offer will work on the S60 and factory rear end with the exception of part # 2206. Here is the link to all our torque arms, we just don't recommend #2206 for $219.99- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ex&cPath=7_115

If you need help choosing a torque arm I will be glad to help. Just give me some information like current exhaust, other suspension modifications and how you drive the car?

Thanks!
Ryan
Thanks Ryan you've been a lot of help! That's one of the reason's I've choose to run UMI products on my car. As far as the torque arm goes, my car will have LT's with Texas Speed true duals dumped behind the axle. My car is not a daily driver but is a every other weekend driver on the street and will see drag strip time. This is a straight line vehicle. Noise does not bother me at all.

Just curious, do you think I'm choosing the right LCAs with the 2038's ? or now that you know how my set up would I be better off going with something else ? I just want to make sure I do it once and do it right.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Ryan you've been a lot of help! That's one of the reason's I've choose to run UMI products on my car. As far as the torque arm goes, my car will have LT's with Texas Speed true duals dumped behind the axle. My car is not a daily driver but is a every other weekend driver on the street and will see drag strip time. This is a straight line vehicle. Noise does not bother me at all.

Just curious, do you think I'm choosing the right LCAs with the 2038's ? or now that you know how my set up would I be better off going with something else ? I just want to make sure I do it once and do it right.
Thanks for the information. It helps me a lot... I am happy to hear you have choosen UMI

The #2038 controls are very good and will be fine. If you wanted to save a few dollars the new #2039 control arms would work well also. Based on your driving I don't think one would be recommended over the other.

For the torque arm you have to go with part #2205 since you are running the TSP duals. Part #2205 was designed around the TSP true duals and works excellent with that set up... it even offers more clearance than the factory torque arm. Here is a link to this item- www.umiperformance.com/2205 Look at the installation pictures to see this item installed with the TSP duals.

The only down fall to item #2205 is it bolts to the transmission tail shaft unlike the shorter arms we offer. This puts stress on the tail shaft and in some cases can crack it. A solution to this is seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2207 This is something you have to have but it is recommended and can be added at any time down the road.

Let me know if you have anymore questions and I will be glad to help. Thank you,

Ryan

Quick Reply: UMI 2038 PHB Question