Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Can I get pics of a Stealth Gray CTSV

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I get pics of a Stealth Gray CTSV

I'm still not a CTSV owner yet and I'm kicking around a Stealth Gray one thats local, but I've never seen the color in person. On the pics it looks like it has a Blueish tinge in some pics and green in others. So if some of you guys have pics or could give some insight on the color that would be great! I was just going to go for the standard black, but I'm open to the Grey as long as it isnt a greenish tinge...

Also how is the paint, does it show imperfections easier than other colors, I would think it may be a bit easier to keep up than black, but ya never know.

I just want to be driving my CTSV already

This one im looking at is an 06 with 19k miles for 28 which seems high to me, but I'm sure I could get them down a bit.
Thanks guys!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

here you go
Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
Thanks I did that already and most of the images are either green or blue, so i know most of the guys on here are either pro photographers or atleast take great pics of their cars. Thanks though

Geez you think im a newb or something.. i know I have some newb questions, but I know how to google
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Killer
Thanks I did that already and most of the images are either green or blue...
That is exactly how Stealth Gray looks. Sometimes green and sometimes blue.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Found this on Page one of the CTSV pics page stickied to this subforum.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hotoshoot.html
Old 03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Look up tony tone's car. His looks great but it does have the bluish/greenish tint to it which killed that color as one of my options. To each his own though.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Look up tony tone's car. His looks great but it does have the bluish/greenish tint to it which killed that color as one of my options. To each his own though.
Yeah i hear ya on that one, If it was more blue i'd be totally sold, but I think I may just go with the black. Its kind of like my NBM WS6 that thing looked purple at times in the right light and I didnt like that but it was alright. I'm going to check it out in person and who knows I may love it. I just wanted to see some better pics before I make the trek to see the car and be harassed by salesmen, since thats always fun!

Thanks guys for the pics the links to the 360 page makes this color look freakin awesome!! So who knows... I just wish Id make a decision already so I can be done with the search and having fun with it already.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Killer
,,, but I think I may just go with the black.
Wise choice, call it a day, go with Black Raven, and try to find one with black interior. Regarding that Stealth Gray/Grey, it should be re-named Donkey **** Blue, as they aint no stinking gray to it, GM must have been passing around the large rocks on that day, as they are still not sure if it is gray or grey or ghey. Black sucks to keep clean, but for those 15 minutes after your spend four hours detailing it, nothing comes close. Owning a Black V has made me appreciate to a greater degree the relationship one can have with their car. I also own a MSM (that be gray) C6, easier to keep looking clean, but after hours spent trying to make it shine, it still looks the same.
Be a BALLER, and get a black one!!!

BTW, the only color worse than the blue ones is Jack Shiat Red!!!

BTW II, JFWY, to each their own, most will tout their color.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onebadcad
donkey **** blue,
Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony tone
As already said, JFWY, my favorite V color is not Black Raven, it is Thunder Grey/Gray.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As already said, JFWY, my favorite V color is not Black Raven, it is Thunder Grey/Gray.

Originally Posted by tony tone
Old 03-24-2010, 02:00 PM

Are you sure you had your eyes open?!?!

At least we agree on the Thunder Gray... that is my second favorite, with the gray interior favored also.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

When I started looking for a V my only requirement was... ANY COLOR BUT BLACK !!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rottnrog
When I started looking for a V my only requirement was... BLACK !!!!!!!

Fixed it for ya...
Old 03-24-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Wise choice, call it a day, go with Black Raven, and try to find one with black interior. Regarding that Stealth Gray/Grey, it should be re-named Donkey **** Blue, as they aint no stinking gray to it, GM must have been passing around the large rocks on that day, as they are still not sure if it is gray or grey or ghey. Black sucks to keep clean, but for those 15 minutes after your spend four hours detailing it, nothing comes close. Owning a Black V has made me appreciate to a greater degree the relationship one can have with their car. I also own a MSM (that be gray) C6, easier to keep looking clean, but after hours spent trying to make it shine, it still looks the same.
Be a BALLER, and get a black one!!!

BTW II, JFWY, to each their own, most will tout their color.
These are my feelings as well but i hate putting them up here because i dont want anyone to be offended. I appreciate all V's but color wise in order from favorite to least favorite would have to be...

1-Thunder grey
2-Black
3-Platinum silver
4-Stealth Grey
5-Red

Black/Black was my all time favorite. Black just looks KILLER when its clean and nothing beats it! Then... the Thunder grey came out in 07 and man... it barely robbed the #1 spot because it looks awesome, requires a little less to maintain it and you hardly ever see them in person! Interior wise, I strongly prefer black interior regardless what the exterior color is. I havent seen a stealth grey/grey combo yet... i might like it but so far, the grey interior just looks bland and boring. I hated the tan most of all when i bought my car but i actually prefer tan over grey now after it grew on me. I think it looks classy. But... I still dont like it or any other color anywhere near as much as i like black!!

Any of the top 3 colors would make me happy with a good price tag but the bottom 2 would prob have to be given to me. However, I will say this... regardless the color... when done right, all colors can look good!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want thunder grey lol, im actually getting a little tired of my Black Raven and wish I would have waited for a Platinum. I still would have done the wheels black. Too late now.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
These are my feelings as well but i hate putting them up here because i dont want anyone to be offended. I appreciate all V's but color wise in order from favorite to least favorite would have to be...

1-Thunder grey
2-Black
3-Platinum silver
4-Stealth Grey
5-Red

Black/Black was my all time favorite. Black just looks KILLER when its clean and nothing beats it! Then... the Thunder grey came out in 07 and man... it barely robbed the #1 spot because it looks awesome, requires a little less to maintain it and you hardly ever see them in person! Interior wise, I strongly prefer black interior regardless what the exterior color is. I havent seen a stealth grey/grey combo yet... i might like it but so far, the grey interior just looks bland and boring. I hated the tan most of all when i bought my car but i actually prefer tan over grey now after it grew on me. I think it looks classy. But... I still dont like it or any other color anywhere near as much as i like black!!

Any of the top 3 colors would make me happy with a good price tag but the bottom 2 would prob have to be given to me. However, I will say this... regardless the color... when done right, all colors can look good!

I have not yet seen a grey interior. All the Vs I looked at had black interiors, whether its silver, black or red. Anyone have a pic of the grey interior?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I want thunder grey lol, im actually getting a little tired of my Black Raven and wish I would have waited for a Platinum. I still would have done the wheels black. Too late now.
Me too! lol Although im still happy with the black. I like silver but i like the fact then when you detail black, it looks awesome. Silver looks the same either way. Not a night a day difference between dirty and clean like on a black car...

Black wheels on silver do look good though. My buddies heads/cam V is silver with black wheels, lights smoked, grilles all painted black and it has the center of the hood painted black as well. Looks pretty clean! Almost bought it before i bought mine...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

I'm happy with my color.. I think that side by side it looks better then the other colors... I'm planning on powder coating my rims a dark gray crome color as well as the grille and powder coat my brake lights. Also plan on switching out my fog lights with the STS-V fog lights as well.. I think that my windows could also go just a tad bit darker but not sure! Ill wait for that once I'm done with all the other things...

Quick Reply: Can I get pics of a Stealth Gray CTSV