Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How many miles did your rear rotors last?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How many miles did your rear rotors last?

Mine have been making this wierd noise when I back up out of a drive way while on the brakes and when slowing down they also make a noise as if they're warped or worn down already. My car has 67k miles on it now, is it time to replace them?
Old 01-04-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Veteran

I have 47K headed towards 150K.........as long as you don't run the pad backing into the rotor, they should basically last forever.

If you are worried about them, you can always pull them off and take them to a brake shop to turn them (true them up).
Old 01-05-2004, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Worn rotors do not make anymore noise than new ones. Noise is either normal squeeking/squeeling OR the pads are worn. When you look at the rotors, do they have grooves in them that you can feel as you run your fingernail across the rotor? As stated by 2001CamaroGuy, as long as you don't run the pad backing into the rotor, they should basically last forever.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

I have 44K on mine, but the e-brake doesn't work any more.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Launching!

I am having the same problem. When i go to slow down my back brakes seem to be making a noise everytime its gets to a certain spot on the rotor.... not constantly. could this be a sign of bad rotors?? Before I thought the rotors were bad I let a brake shop look over the car and they said that the rear brakes had 40% left on them but the fronts had to have new rotors and new pads. I replaced the front rotors and pads and the car feels a lot better, but the back needs something, its drivin me crazy!
Old 01-09-2004, 07:34 PM
AGL
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Mine have been making this wierd noise when I back up out of a drive way while on the brakes and when slowing down they also make a noise as if they're warped or worn down already. My car has 67k miles on it now, is it time to replace them?

Mine lasted a whole 12K miles, I've had them replaced 3 times, under warranty. Bad rotor - bad pads, all I know is the OEM brakes have to go.....
Old 01-09-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My oem rotors went with the carbotech Panther Plus pads. The pads and rotors wore out together, but those are really aggressive pads and they tend to "eat" rotors.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Launching!

I have 45K on my car. Autocrossed and road raced since new. I'm on my second set of stock rear pads and the same rotors that were on it from day 1 (haven't even turned 'em yet).
Old 01-10-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

40k on my rear rotors before I swapped them for "cheap" autozone rotors. ALL my vibration and pulsation (the warped rotor feeling) went away immediately. The OEM pads were less than half worn down, but the rotors sucked.

Tommy
Old 01-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by johnboy
I am having the same problem. When i go to slow down my back brakes seem to be making a noise everytime its gets to a certain spot on the rotor.... not constantly. could this be a sign of bad rotors?? Before I thought the rotors were bad I let a brake shop look over the car and they said that the rear brakes had 40% left on them but the fronts had to have new rotors and new pads. I replaced the front rotors and pads and the car feels a lot better, but the back needs something, its drivin me crazy!

Put new rear pads on today and the old ones had plenty of pad left but since the new ones all of the noises and problems have went away!!

Quick Reply: How many miles did your rear rotors last?