PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning off the INOP, Brake light, Service Vehicle, Security Light???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Turning off the INOP, Brake light, Service Vehicle, Security Light???

It has been looking like the StarTrek Enterprise lately inside my car, i know i saw a thread a while ago on how to remove the Brake, ABS INOP after the ABS delete is installed but cant seem to find it now.

Also i have no VATS it has been deleted from the car but the light still shows up...any help on any of these would be great...thanks

-ABS INOP
-BRAKE
-SECURITY
-SERVICE VEHICLE

Chris
Old 04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no one knows...
Old 04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hrmmmm that's weird i just had my VATS deleted and the light doesn't come on for me.... That's oddd. +1 on wanting to know the answers to the others though because the ABS inop light is gettin annoying, hopefully no others come on for me haha.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I no longer have ABS or TCS either, and to get those lights to stay off, you have to remove or cover the bulb. There are no ways to turn them off via tuning, etc.

Take the cluster out and find the ones you no longer want and either remove or cover the bulb where it won't show through any longer. If someone knows of a different way, let's here it.

Now as far as the service vehicle light, that was on after my first dyno tune after heads/cam. The first tuner didn't do anything about that, and the next place somehow did, and it never came back on again.

I don't think my brake light was on after deleting abs/tcs, but I can't say for sure.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is a few months old but I'm wondering if a person with a Tech II could gain access to the BCM to turn off the ABS functions which should turn the lights off. I also have all those lights on plus air bag lights too cause I dont have those either. I'm pretty sure the Tech II will take care of my airbag light but I'm curious to know if it'll do anything for ABS.

Anyone tried a techII?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove Cluster and either put tape behind the gauge face or unsolder the bulbs from the circuit board. No way to tune those lights out. Not even with a Tech 2

I know in 98 cars there is a wire you can ground at the ABS mod to turn those lights out but that is it
Old 06-21-2010, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
I know this is a few months old but I'm wondering if a person with a Tech II could gain access to the BCM to turn off the ABS functions which should turn the lights off. I also have all those lights on plus air bag lights too cause I dont have those either. I'm pretty sure the Tech II will take care of my airbag light but I'm curious to know if it'll do anything for ABS.

Anyone tried a techII?
James im going to the shop to work on my car wed and he has a tech II so ill let you know cause my dash looks like a spaceship with all the lights on haha!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpewterz
James im going to the shop to work on my car wed and he has a tech II so ill let you know cause my dash looks like a spaceship with all the lights on haha!
Not gonna work. I am a GM tech I know you can't turn those lights off with a tech II
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Launching!

I went with 28" tires rear and 26 in front so now my ABS and brake light are on so I'm installing a ABS delete kit. I already removed the ABS bulb, My question is: when the kit is installed will the brake light go out? Also dies anyone know which ABS fuse you need to remove?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 AM
10 Second Club

I did a abs delete/line lock on mine also I believe SJM knows how to turn some of these off
Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah mine looks like a space ship, Airbag, Brake, ABS Inop, Service Vehicle just to name a few are lit on mine.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

as far as I know the 98 cars are the only ones that you can turn off the lights on. You have to ground a wire or something in the abs module harness.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rpmauto
as far as I know the 98 cars are the only ones that you can turn off the lights on. You have to ground a wire or something in the abs module harness.
more info please mine stay on when i punch it hard and turn off when i shut my car off also front tires are diff than rear
Old 08-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Remove Cluster and either put tape behind the gauge face or unsolder the bulbs from the circuit board. No way to tune those lights out. Not even with a Tech 2

I know in 98 cars there is a wire you can ground at the ABS mod to turn those lights out but that is it
do you know what wire that is? i have a 98 and all those lights are on because of the Ford 8.8" rear end.

Quick Reply: Turning off the INOP, Brake light, Service Vehicle, Security Light???