Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

ATE Super Blue brake fluid??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Default ATE Super Blue brake fluid??

Anybody using this stuff or have any experience with it? I'm in Tyler TX, and of course I waited until the last minute to start looking for all of the fluids I need to change THIS weekend, in order to be ready to race at Motorsport Ranch NEXT weekend .

The selection at the typical auto parts stores is pretty poor... but someone tells me ATE Super Blue is available at the BMW place.

Any feedback before I pull the trigger?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a lot of people use motul and eneos i think. im on whatever came with the car lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
Anybody using this stuff or have any experience with it? I'm in Tyler TX, and of course I waited until the last minute to start looking for all of the fluids I need to change THIS weekend, in order to be ready to race at Motorsport Ranch NEXT weekend .

The selection at the typical auto parts stores is pretty poor... but someone tells me ATE Super Blue is available at the BMW place.

Any feedback before I pull the trigger?
Good stuff and more than you'll need. A favorite of track rats because it's reasonable price and high quality. You switch back and forth between blue and clear when bleeding the system to make sure you purge the old fluid.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check motorcycle shops. They have a very good selection of quality brake fluid. PSC is located at MSR

I live 20 minutes from MSR and have a bazillion laps around the place. Instructed some for Rick with The Driver's edge and with John at Apex.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the best bang for the buck. One liter and dry boiling point is around 540f.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Launching!

If the track sees temps over 100 and you're running slicks and race pads, the fluid can pass the boiling point. But if not, it's a great fluid. I went with the Motul fluid after mine boiled at VIR...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For regular track time, Castrol SRF is the only way to go.

I race my 96 CMC2 TA at 24 races/year and the only time I bleed the brakes is when I open the caliper when I squeeze the pistons for a pad swap. The original SRF bleed is still in the car since 2006
Old 05-10-2010, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

running it now, no problems, nice blue color...even had enough to load up the yukon w/ some too!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

I've used ATE Super Blue in my track car (2000 Acura Integra Type-R) for years, and even on one of the hardest braking tracks on the east coast (Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC), it's held its own. And trust me, I'm not a slow driver, that car sees some braking force.

Granted, your CTS-V is no 2,400lb FWD chassis, but unless you're really hanging it out there, you should be within its boiling point. It's all about your driving style, in all honesty.

388degree F wet-boiling point is excellent for track usage, as well as daily driving. It's a very well-balanced fluid, especially for the price.

I recommend it all day long.

Quick Reply: ATE Super Blue brake fluid??