Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP LT Headers really THAT good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question QTP LT Headers really THAT good?

So are QTP Headers really THAT good, as they claim? How do they compare to Kooks for instance?

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ls1headers.php

"Stainless Steel Long Tube Equal Length LS1 Header Systems
You want the best long tube header? The longest long tube header on the market. The only equal length header. No clearance issues. The highest flowing header.
High quality 304 Stainless Steel. Emissions style or race style.

QTP Headers Unleash The Power!
18 Horse Power Gain Over Other Long Tube Headers! Unleash the full potential of your LS1. The most powerful LS1 header available Gains are up 40 HP and 40 TQ."

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 07-09-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like mine
Old 07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

18 horse power over a kooks header? Bullshit.

There are going to be differences from say... a Pacesetter versus the QTP, but honestly, not big enough to buy into the sales pitch for that reason alone.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Yes, they are THAT good. Buy them.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Uh huh, that's why you did, right? NOT!

Originally Posted by SoCal01z28
Yes, they are THAT good. Buy them.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used both QTP and Kooks, and IMO the Kooks were a better header and are worth the extra. I had a few clearance issues with the QTP. The Kooks had plenty of room.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My QTP's had bad welds on one collector where you could see light through them and the other header was dinged up like it had been put on a car and taken off. They were drop shipped from QTP through WS6 store. WS6 Store said for me to send them back to them and I ended up with the first set of ARH WS6 Store sold and never looked back....

QTP are made in China and from what I have seen quality and fitment is hit or miss. And their Y pipe SUCKS if you plan on using it.....
Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Why does their Y suck? At least it has that Flowmaster merge many seem to like...
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Off topic: I love the hockey stripes on your car -- looks sharp.

Originally Posted by SSmoken
i like mine
Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Teching In

I had it on my WS6. Never had any leaks or problems with them. Granted, I ran with a guy who had similar mods that got his headers off of a well known auction site and it ran neck and neck. Quality of the QTP headers can't be denied though.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I run them and have no issues
Old 07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

So how about some dyno proof -- can anyone corroborate QTP's HP claims? What about TQ?
Old 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
My QTP's had bad welds on one collector where you could see light through them and the other header was dinged up like it had been put on a car and taken off. They were drop shipped from QTP through WS6 store. WS6 Store said for me to send them back to them and I ended up with the first set of ARH WS6 Store sold and never looked back....

QTP are made in China and from what I have seen quality and fitment is hit or miss. And their Y pipe SUCKS if you plan on using it.....
Are you ever gonna give this a rest? This was what 3-4 years ago. Get over it.

Fact our headers are not made in China. If you wish to continue stating false facts you will be hearing from our attorney.

To the original poster. The dyno numbers that we state on the website are a comparison to the original SLP longtubes. Some one else on here also compared our to Pacesetters and had similar results.

We are out of stock right now on our 4th gen headers. We are developing our 5th gen headers now and then we will be going back and putting the 4th gens back in to production.
If you dont want to wait Kooks and ARH make a top quality header as well.
Thanks for your interest.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

So does that mean the 4th Gen. ones will be going through a redesign? If not, I don't get why 4th Gens have to wait for 5th Gens... Odd.

Also, why not offer a 304 Stainless option on the Y-Pipe too, to match the headers? I know that Flowmaster merge sure is not stainless! Kind of pointless to have 304 on one and lower quality materials on the requisite other...

Originally Posted by Quick Time
The dyno numbers that we state on the website are a comparison to the original SLP longtubes. Some one else on here also compared our to Pacesetters and had similar results.

We are out of stock right now on our 4th gen headers. We are developing our 5th gen headers now and then we will be going back and putting the 4th gens back in to production.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fact our headers are not made in China. If you wish to continue stating false facts you will be hearing from our attorney.

To the original poster. The dyno numbers that we state on the website are a comparison to the original SLP longtubes. Some one else on here also compared our to Pacesetters and had similar results.

Impressive to post that your are on back order and recommend a competing product. I think that shows good character in a business. I already have stainless works but if i did not I would seriously consider yours.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

kind of relevant...i have some qtps 1 3/4" x 3" ls1 F body going up for sale soon...i have optimized them by removing any weld splatter/over weld in the all tubes...these things will flow...made 485rwhp with an a4 h/c/i 346...

i am wanting to try some 1 7/8 headers for my track car to squeeze a few more hp up top...

shoot me a pm, have ORY pipe too but might not be worth it due to shipping costs...

hyjack off

they are a great header
Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

kind of relevant...i have some qtps 1 3/4" x 3" ls1 F body going up for sale soon...i have optimized them by removing any weld splatter/over weld in the all tubes...these things will flow...made 485rwhp with an a4 h/c/i 346...

i am wanting to try some 1 7/8 headers for my track car to squeeze a few more hp up top...

shoot me a pm, have ORY pipe too but might not be worth it due to shipping costs...

hyjack off

they are a great header
Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Off topic: I love the hockey stripes on your car -- looks sharp.
thanks bro. unfortunately i had to take them off due to an edge starting to peel up and needing a little body work. i def liked them on there because like others have told me it makes my car stand out from others and the plain look. its looks clean without them too so i dont know which i like better.

back on topic, when i got my headers out of the box i was really impressed by how they were made. it was the first set i had really ever seen that werent installed on a car. im really glad i bought them and that i went with stainless instead of coated. theyve been on the car about two years and still look good. really makes the engine bay look alot nicer having stainless and not having some rusted and flaking headers in there. only complaint i have about them is there was no QTP sticker in the box. wtf lol?!?!?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I couldn't be happier with my QTP set up. I purchased my off-road headers and Y-pipe in the spring of 2006 and was very impressed with the quality and fitment.

Even though the 3" Y-pipe may hang a little low...you absolutely can not beat having a 4" flowmaster collector already welded in. It sounds great with my Hooker catback. I've never had any ground clearance issues at all on my SS.

This has been my experience in the past four years.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Why does their Y suck? At least it has that Flowmaster merge many seem to like...
The merge is GREAT (Flowmaster) but the Y does not tuck up as tight as my ARH. On my lowered car that is very important... IIRC it was like 5 pieces too. Also it is aluminized not stainless.

Just stating my experience with your product.....

Ok my bad. So where are they made? Who makes them for you?

BTW I am quaking in my flip flops afraid to answer the phone because it might be your attorney

Quick Reply: QTP LT Headers really THAT good?