Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter heads

I've done some searching and can't find much about the lingenfelter 243 casting heads. Is anybody in here running those heads or know somebody who is? Trying to decide between them or a set of Trick Flows. I came accross a used set of the Lingenfelters and don't know which way to go.

I am building an LS1 block with a 4" stroke. TRex V.2 cam, Fast 90/90 intake, 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check into a TEA head or PRC from Texas Speed and Performance. I have had great luck with my TEA heads and the customer service was great!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

i had some lpe 243's and picked up hp going to patriot stage 2 243's.so my vote would definitely be TFS if funds are not a problem.
Dave
Old 12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

you didnt have any luck with your lingenfelter heads? see some of my friends say go with the lpe heads, and some say go with trick flow but its a hard decision because the price i can get the lpe heads i think are a good deal.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

don't see how you could go wrong with LPE heads...especially if the price is right. might not hurt to contact them for a cam to optimize them and complete the 'combo' unless you're dead set on the T-Rex.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah thats what i thaught. i was just a little indecisive because not many people talked about them on here. But yeah they are a good deal. id much rather buy these than go and spend 2,500 on a new set of trickflows. Im just kind of in a bind because the guy that has them wants to sell them pretty quick, and i thaught it would be better to call lingenfelter and tell them what set up im going with and see what they say but i dont know if the guy will have them for much longer.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

well there are some "politics" and favorites in terms of popularity around here . Again, if the price justifies the purchase, I would do it....LPE will definately square you away with something off the shelf or custom...good luck!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by LPE 403
well there are some "politics" and favorites in terms of popularity around here . Again, if the price justifies the purchase, I would do it....LPE will definately square you away with something off the shelf or custom...good luck!
x2. Does the seller have the flow sheet? If so, I would compare to others' heads. I would also contact LPE as stated above and tell them what your goals (hp wise, daily driver or not, etc) are and see what cam they would recommend. Do you already have the trex or not? If so, if the heads are such a great buy, are you willing to sell it and go with another cam? These are ?s that have to be asked and only you can answer best.... Good luck with your project....
Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your doing a search on heads that you can't find. To me it seems the smart thing to do is go with a set of heads that has been proven time and time again. Trick flow,afr and i don't know much about prc heads(i have heard one bad thing)but i see alot of prc post around. These are the heads you should look into,not something un proven. Remember you get what you pay for,i had a set of heads from a top sponsor and was happy. ti'll i got AFR heads and gained 4 tenths in the 1/4mi from heads alone. I just removed my cnc l92 heads for trick flow and gained 2.5 tenths and my 60 foot was a tenth slower

Last edited by mike c.; 12-05-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mike c.
Your doing a search on heads that you can't find.
Because they don't sponsor LS1tech? Big world outside our four walls...

To me it seems the smart thing to do is go with a set of heads that has been proven time and time again.
You're kidding right? LPE has done pretty good for themselves...

Trick flow,afr and i don't know much about prc heads(i have heard one bad thing)but i see alot of prc post around. These are the heads you should look into,not something un proven. Remember you get what you pay for,i had a set of heads from a top sponsor and was happy. ti'll i got AFR heads and gained 4 tenths in the 1/4mi from heads alone.
Enter the politicians....

I just removed my cnc l92 heads for trick flow and gained 2.5 tenths and my 60 foot was a tenth slower
LPE L92s?
Old 12-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default need some help!

He dosent have a flow sheet but the guy he baught them from had them on a 408 and it supposedly put down 540 rwhp, 530 tq n/a no power adder. if its true they should be some badass heads!! and also they are cnc ported, and he said they are hand ported. Also some friends of mine said to see if they were high or low compression heads and some say it will be determind on your piston choice??
Old 12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tylerdenton
He dosent have a flow sheet but the guy he baught them from had them on a 408 and it supposedly put down 540 rwhp, 530 tq n/a no power adder. if its true they should be some badass heads!! and also they are cnc ported, and he said they are hand ported. Also some friends of mine said to see if they were high or low compression heads and some say it will be determind on your piston choice??
If I recall (don't quote me on it, lol), I think LPE identifies their heads with a serial #, ID or something. Thought mine did, but don't recall. In the event there is an ID, you can contact them to reference the specs against the #. Might be worth a try...
Old 12-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah im gonna get the part # from him and call lpe and see what they say, if it will be a good set up or not.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Default got the lingenfelter heads!!!!

so i got the lingenfelter heads last night. And ive done some more research and it looks like they will work really good for my set up. But the only thing that matters is how it performs and what it puts on the dyno thanks for all yalls help, and ill post what my car ends up doing with the heads.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:16 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

if the price was good as you say.....badass......my mechanic sold me some ported 243s he had on his 408 prior for $700 installed and i jumped on them. the difference in power and torque were very noticeable afterwards is all i can say.....sometimes best to go with what we can afford if it is a great deal and if not best to wait for something else.... good luck....
Old 12-09-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tylerdenton
so i got the lingenfelter heads last night. And ive done some more research and it looks like they will work really good for my set up. But the only thing that matters is how it performs and what it puts on the dyno thanks for all yalls help, and ill post what my car ends up doing with the heads.
Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing the results! They hook you up with a cam or are you still rolling with TRex?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

what did you have the heads on low2001gmc?? yeah im excited too. i called thunder racing and they said itll be a good set up but i told them i had the trex cam and they said to go with their stroker v.3 cam. check out the specs on that thing its huge!!!! its too big for me so im probably gonna stick with the trex

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter heads