Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Nissan 350z Turbo Stage 3 =)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Nissan 350z Turbo Stage 3 =)

Well, I think its finally time to step up the game a little. I was able to get into the 10s last year on bone stock suspension and bottom end while driving to and from the track. My goal this upcoming year is (while driving to and from the track) to trap 150mph. I'm not really worried about E/T since it will never run a good E/T. I also don't really care what it makes for power as long as it takes me where I want to go at the track. At that point ill just enjoy a 150mph 1/4mile daily driver. But anyways, heres my parts list:

Stock crank
Callie comp star rods with arp2000 rods
Wiseco 4.005" pistons -11cc dish
Mellings high pressure oil pump
New stock GM LS2 timing set
Same 228/228 cam
CNC'd 317s with PRC springs
CC hardend pushrods
83lbs injectors
Fast 102mm intake
ARP main/head studs
MLS gaskets
Direct port meth and or possibly some nitrous

Im going to run up to 20lbs of boost(unless I have to go higher) until I reach my goal or blow it up. Also, im doing a complete wire tuck and engine bay smoothing(first time wish me luck) Im welding up all the unused holes and smoothing them then painting the engine bay some form of low form of low gloss black. When im done you wont see any holes and only minimal wiring(like the ones on the front of the engine.) It should give it a nice clean look.

As far as suspension goes you guys most likely aren't familiar with SPL but in my research done they are the best you can get for the 350z so ill have all SPL rear suspension with Koni custom valved adjustable shocks and I havent decided what I want to do in the front but most likely some sort of coil over shock. As usual I will update with pics as I get them.

Garrett is a lazy dog...
Old 12-13-2010, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

That is really nice. I didn't see the original build but I can tell it was nicely done. I like Garrett. Why do you say he is lazy? Spool time? Garrett, meet Turbo the Pug.

Last edited by 914turboford; 12-14-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

Heres my lazy boy. I originally named him Turbo but I decided on Garrett(which is pretty much the same thing) and his initials are GTR lol. Hes Half pitbull half boxer and is one of the friendliest dogs youll ever meet. I constantly keep him around people and other animals to make sure he doesn't develop an issue. Hes 5 months old and 40lbs already. He should grow to 70+/-

And as you can see he sleeps like a rock. I pulled his tongue out and he didn't even realize it.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

In for more pictures!

Too bad you don't live closer. It wouldn't be too hard to put a Ford 9" rear end and a four link in. I have been considering doing it to mine since I am in the same boat as you that the IRS will always make my car slower than it could be.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z33Art
In for more pictures!

Too bad you don't live closer. It wouldn't be too hard to put a Ford 9" rear end and a four link in. I have been considering doing it to mine since I am in the same boat as you that the IRS will always make my car slower than it could be.
Yeah I was considering it but since my car is 99% street car I decided against it. They just came out with another set of even STRONGER axles for the car(2200$) which they say are good for over 1000whp. Next year I MIGHT get those along with a chromoly driveshaft and see just how far I can push this pile but for now im going to see what I can get out of the stock axles. I don't see low 10s being an issue at all on a decent launch with enough power. And now that I have a set of diff braces that will actually hold I will be less weary to launch the **** out of this thing.

Started the wire tuck---very simple on these cars.

Last edited by Snyper; 12-13-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't gain 12mph with another 11psi something is catastrophically wrong.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

That car is full of so much awesomeness. Do you have a youtube account I can subscribe to ?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
If you don't gain 12mph with another 11psi something is catastrophically wrong.
yeah at that point it would be time for a new driver lol.

Originally Posted by brians91formula
That car is full of so much awesomeness. Do you have a youtube account I can subscribe to ?
therealsnyper
Old 12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That car was nasty when I first saw it at CCSU a couple years back with just the stock LS-2. It's going to be down right a monster on wheels when you are done with it. Good luck.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snyper
Yeah I was considering it but since my car is 99% street car I decided against it. They just came out with another set of even STRONGER axles for the car(2200$) which they say are good for over 1000whp. Next year I MIGHT get those along with a chromoly driveshaft and see just how far I can push this pile but for now im going to see what I can get out of the stock axles. I don't see low 10s being an issue at all on a decent launch with enough power. And now that I have a set of diff braces that will actually hold I will be less weary to launch the **** out of this thing.
I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a set of axles. I am going to use the stock axles and launch on a 3600 stall and see what breaks. If they don't break I am going to launch with a 100 shot and up it to a 150 shot if they still hold together. When and if they break I am going to look at where they break and see if I can't machine anything to help improve them.

I hear you on the diff brace. I am currently in the process of designing mine. Just bought a waterjet and I am have been cutting out some cool parts for my car including a bracket for a twin external fuel pump/filter setup to go with my fuel cell. Should have the mounts made soon for the diff brace.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

I wouldn't spend the money on a FAST 102 yet... I think you can reach your goals with the rest of the stuff you have already once you port the heads.

Hope you figure out the cooling system. Weren't you have some issues?

Only way to get that thing to cool will be with a large puller fan that can do 4,000cfm or more.

Like this conversion for sure!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z33Art
I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a set of axles. I am going to use the stock axles and launch on a 3600 stall and see what breaks. If they don't break I am going to launch with a 100 shot and up it to a 150 shot if they still hold together. When and if they break I am going to look at where they break and see if I can't machine anything to help improve them.

I hear you on the diff brace. I am currently in the process of designing mine. Just bought a waterjet and I am have been cutting out some cool parts for my car including a bracket for a twin external fuel pump/filter setup to go with my fuel cell. Should have the mounts made soon for the diff brace.

Ive had good luck with slipping the clutch. I DEF. recommend a 2-step launch controller (even NA)..it made launching my car 100x easier. And when slipped right the car takes off like a rocket.

Originally Posted by gnx7
I wouldn't spend the money on a FAST 102 yet... I think you can reach your goals with the rest of the stuff you have already once you port the heads.

Hope you figure out the cooling system. Weren't you have some issues?

Only way to get that thing to cool will be with a large puller fan that can do 4,000cfm or more.

Like this conversion for sure!

I ended up getting the 102 brand new for 710$. Its funny because the passenger side nipple on the front of the intake snapped off. That was the only port I never used and I planned on actually breaking off the same one on my stock manifold and plugging it. This just gives me a jump start and saves me 200$.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:05 AM
10 Second Club

Well, ive decided to try something different. Im going to test dummy this on a very expensive setup. haha This is the plan:

In the quest for more space and to increase engine cooling--(an issue I had last year) I am ditching my current 31x12x4" intercooler for a MUCH smaller 25x12x3" intercooler along with a custom direct port methanol setup. The idea is the smaller intercooler will allow much more air to get to the radiator thus solving my heat issue.(along with moving the cross over pipe a few inches farther away from the radiator). The direct port setup will consist of one 3 gallon meth specific fuel cell along with twin pumps(both internally regulated) and with check valves so if one fails the other will continue to supply the lines with the same amount of pressure and at least give me a chance to shut the car down with my foot instead of with a blown engine.(Both pumps will have LED lights on my dash so I know if either one goes out)
Old 01-04-2011, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

=)

Old 01-04-2011, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snyper
=)

Congrats
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Well deserved!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

car looks mean man,Congrats on the cover
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Very well deserved! your car is certainly a bad *** street car!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Congrats.

LOL
Old 01-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Congrats!!

Quick Reply: LS2 Nissan 350z Turbo Stage 3 =)