Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which rollcage best suits me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which rollcage best suits me?

I was wondering what rollcage would fit me best? The only reason Im doing this upgrade is because I want to make passes without having to let off at the track. I dont plan on slowing down on the mods anytime soon, so the car is definately going to need one for me to race it at the track. I guess Im looking for one that has the best fitment, least amount of weight, really strong, and that wont get me kicked off the track. I dont know if theres really extreme setup out there, but I dont want anything that is too race oriented. Im not building a race car, but I want it to be legal at the track. I also dont want anything thats a pain in the butt to get into. Let me know what you recommend. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Anyone have any suggestions? I dont want anything thats going to break my wallet, but I dont want anything cheap either. If you were getting one, which one would you get? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Wolfe 5 point that I haven't actually mounted yet. Seems they are pretty much the best for pre-fab, that I've heard of anyway. Ask around, you might have some shops that would do a custom job for you.

Dope
Old 02-08-2004, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would go 6 pt at the least......

I will probably end up going to an 8 point chromoly........weld in....
Old 02-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Ive got a Wolfe 6pt in my 99 Z (Mild Steel) and it fits great, looks like the car came factory with it. Its a rather simple install, the boltin, and if you go with the drop down side bars, its rather easy to get in and out of. Mine isnt a daily driver, but its my weekend car and go everywhere in her. I get quite a few complements from other car guys about the fitment and the black powder coating. If I had to do it again, id go the same route, maybe a Chrome-moly version (4 weight) but would buy from Wolfe again. My 2 cents, JP.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would probably go with a wolfe 6pt bolt-in or weld in. they are great cages and they fit awesome. we have a sale in the sponser section if you are interested. another thing how fast are you running or planning on running? p.m. me and i'll direct you in the right direction.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:35 AM
TECH Resident

My vote is for Wolfe as well. We have one in our work Camaro and I also have the weld in 6 point w/ swing outs in my 02 SS. Fit is outstanding and they are reasonaly priced.

www.wolferacecraft.com
Old 02-17-2004, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

How much of a price difference between the weld in and the bolt in? I know when it comes to sub-frame connectors, everyone always suggest getting weld in. Would this apply to the cage as well, or will a bolt in be just fine? What are swing outs? Fitment is great according to everyone here, but how is it as far as getting into the car? Meaning do I have to duck under this bar and put my leg way over this bar, etc.? I dont want anything too extreme where its really race oriented. How many different "points" are there and whats the difference? Lastly, how much lighter is a chromoly cage vs. a mild steel? Thanks.