Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finnaly got running and cant wait for the spray.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default finnaly got running and cant wait for the spray.

i just got the new 380ci motor running already an have been getting on it all around town. everything feels good and the tune is not that much off as i though. it pulls real hard all the way to 7K were the limiter hits but it is missing something. i feels like it is missing like 250rwhp. hmm. how can i get this. i cant wait to use this motor for what i desinged it for. still i am debating on which way to go and money is a hugh problem. i need to get a 250+ shot as cheaply as possible soon. i will be going to the track in a couple of weeks to get some all motor runs in and then get serious about spraying it. which way do yall think i should go?
Old 02-10-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, it's fuel, plain and simple. get a set of injectors and an in tank, and you'll be good to go w/ a good tune.

p.s. whats the deal on the cable?
Old 02-11-2004, 12:45 AM
10 Second Club

fuel? what do you mean? i was beeing sarcastic about the lost 250rwhp considering that i dont have an N2O kit just yet and this is how much i want to run. the stock injectors and pump are fine, the car is acually running a little bit rich from my last tune but not much and just needs some fine tunning. mainly just the idle but i figured that part out already. i went ahead and had that x-pipe installed with my old flows and am very happy with the job. it is not nearly as low as kevins. man dude this thing pulls real hard and feels like it wants to go over 7k but this is were i set the limiter on the last tune i was able to get in before it messed up. i would compare it to my old 383 stroker that i had in my 69 a while back. but it sure doesn't feel as good as my big block did. once i figure which kit i am going to go with i will get that lost 250rwhp hehehe. eather way i am going to try to make it to the BWrace, then the SBSO, then the Clash of the Titans series, then Super Chevy in h-town, then southern shootout in NP, dam this is going to be one fun year lol. i dont think i will do to any more street racing any more but oh well. i was luckly to get away with it for too many years now anyway.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Launching!

you dont need injectors, the 28lbs can handle up to 500rwhp. you might need the pump though.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

I think Steve is going to be making a little more than 500 h/p, and Steve you might want to think about the injectors as well as a pump, just had a buddy put a TNT kit with 150 pills on his with 28#'s and after 3 runs melted 3 of the spark plug bosses. Has to send his heads off to get them reworked and welded up now.

Tommy

Last edited by tltdLS1; 02-16-2004 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to add name
Old 02-17-2004, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

thatz it? 250....if i had that motor i would have gone 250 on the first stage LOL and another 250 in second and anotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 250 in 3rd LOL but dont tell any1
Old 02-17-2004, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tltdLS1
I think Steve is going to be making a little more than 500 h/p, and Steve you might want to think about the injectors as well as a pump, just had a buddy put a TNT kit with 150 pills on his with 28#'s and after 3 runs melted 3 of the spark plug bosses. Has to send his heads off to get them reworked and welded up now.

Tommy
500!! maybe with the spray but not on motor to the wheels. well after a couple of WOT runs with the TECH2 i found out i am only useing about 85% of what the injectors can handle and i am running pretty fat on the top end compared to the last tune i was able to get in. so i acually have to lean it out a bit and that number will go down. i am sure your friend had other problems and can gauranty it was not the injectors if the motor was under 450rwhp NA. the N2O kit i am going to use is not going to put any load on the injectors or fuel pump, so those are going to stay.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

All he told me after he ran the 3 passes and logged the runs and then wnet back to revies them he said there was nothing out of the ordinary and the only thing they could figure out was was the injectors, he siad they were only pulling 82% duty cycle don't know though don't know a great deal about fuel injectors. I was meaning that you would be making 500 on the spray, bring that thing by the house man and let me check it out and take a ride.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

can you say nos DP w/ a front mtd cell? should be fine..
Old 02-17-2004, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

All he told me after he ran the 3 passes and logged the runs and then wnet back to revies them he said there was nothing out of the ordinary and the only thing they could figure out was was the injectors, he siad they were only pulling 82% duty cycle don't know though don't know a great deal about fuel injectors. I was meaning that you would be making 500 on the spray, bring that thing by the house man and let me check it out and take a ride.
i bet his fuel pump was not up to the challange. ****, Alberts LS1 went through 3 different kits and i lost count how many bottles went through that poor little motor. after two years of street and track raceing every weekend, we pulled the motor out and did not find anything wrong. he even let me borrow it to run and the SBSO last year since my car was not running. Vents was with me. although i would always make sure the tune via LS1 edit was right on the money after each kit was installed but thats it. that car had stock injectors, stock fuel pump, no bolt ons, just gear and stall and ran mid 11s consistantly easy with out failer.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

RATS car is another example and it was a 98 with the 26#ers and ran 10.60s. altough he did melt a piston on the first motor, but i did not tune that one. the second one ran much better. this was also with stock fuel system.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vents
can you say nos DP w/ a front mtd cell? should be fine..
after doing all the figureing, looks like that is going to be the cheapest way to do a 250 shot safely since i already got alot of the parts like the fuel system. all i need is $800 for a kit.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

I don't know my buddy has a 340 intank, but that is what is puzzleing about these cars to me is how some of them can do just as Albert's car did and nothing ever happen and then you have ones like my buddy's car with forged internals with less than 2k on them and that crap happens, thats why i need to learn how to do some tuning on these cars. Hey give me a call sometime I have a few questions to ask you 443-0938 later man.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

I don't know my buddy has a 340 intank, but that is what is puzzleing about these cars to me is how some of them can do just as Albert's car did and nothing ever happen and then you have ones like my buddy's car with forged internals with less than 2k on them and that crap happens, thats why i need to learn how to do some tuning on these cars. Hey give me a call sometime I have a few questions to ask you 443-0938 later man.
hey i just realized this was you tom. which buddy was this? not from around here is he.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

No he lives in Florida, but he has all forged internals and just put the motor back in the car thanksgiving but not sure what happen all I know is he said that the tune was right and he spares no expense because I know he spent a lot of money getting the car set up for the kit but that is what I mean about these cars puzzling me because you hear of these guys going out on stock motors and fuel system and running a 150-175 shot all day and running low12's high 11's and never have a problem and then you hear the ones like I am talking about. I jsut hope you dont have any problems. Bring that thing by the house and let me see it man, and who did you think it was, you starting to get lippy huh ha ha ha ha ha ha lol!!!