Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Spanked a new 5.0, twice

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spanked a new 5.0, twice

So last Saturday, I was driving on Sunset (in Mexico) and while stopped at a light (car in front of me) a new, black Stang pulls up next to me.

I look over and see the "5.0" badge behind his front wheel. I look over at my wife and smile. She says, "Don't, we're in the wrong lane". The right hand land is full of bump and potholes.

I said, "we can't, we have cars in front of both of us anyway".

We come finally line up at a red light, and I drop into 3rd and turn off ASR. You know, Just "in case".

Light turns green and he hit's it, so I accidentally hit it too. I quickly pass him, he starts to catch up when I'm in 2nd and i'm in front my a length and a half in 3rd.

I quickly slow down as it is Saturday evening and don't really like to be messing around on streets.

A couple of signals later we get lined up again.
This time I'm ready as I know he's pissed (his driving habits after the last race indicated this.

Light turns green and he is at my rear tire for first, behind me for second, hits his rev limiter as I hit 3rd, and I'm gone. I slow down and he stays behind me until my turn off. He hit's it, so I decide to take the next turn off, but we never get lined up again.

It was one of the fastest cars that I've gone up against.

It surprised to to find these threads:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-5-0-a-10.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...tonight-5.html

My car has 116K miles on it. I do have a little bit of suspension work, 3.73's and have been playing with HpTUners a little bit, but I also have a heavy convertible, and on this occasion, 3 people in the car and well as a bunch of tools and crap in the trunk.

I often wonder if my previous owner did anything to my car, because I've run and spanked Challenger SRT, charger SRT, (hideous orange & black) Porsche GT3. The Porsche was a funny story. The only thing that I've run, but can't rally say spanked was an Audi R8. We were neck and neck most of the time. Sometimes me in front, other times he was. It was all about the driver and who got to the curve first. There were times I had to back off of him or I'd rear end him.

I guess drivers on Sunset (in Mexico) really can't drive.

Last edited by ROCNDAV; 05-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL Good kill those 5.0s are very fast!!! Racing in Mexico is fun
keep it safe !
Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

......good Kill Dave!!!!!....
Old 05-15-2011, 01:21 PM

sounds like a pretty coo story with 3.73s lol
Old 05-15-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

how do u line up at a red light in 3rd??
Old 05-15-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m6ttop
I am guessing it is an Auto, which on TA's is 3rd and on Camaro's is D.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by m6ttop
lmao i was thinking the same thing lol
Old 05-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
So last Saturday, I was driving on Sunset (in Mexico) and while stopped at a light (car in front of me) a new, black Stang pulls up next to me.

I look over and see the "5.0" badge behind his front wheel. I look over at my wife and smile. She says, "Don't, we're in the wrong lane". The right hand land is full of bump and potholes.

I said, "we can't, we have cars in front of both of us anyway".

We come finally line up at a red light, and I drop into 3rd and turn off ASR. You know, Just "in case".

Light turns green and he hit's it, so I accidentally hit it too. I quickly pass him, he starts to catch up when I'm in 2nd and i'm in front my a length and a half in 3rd.

I quickly slow down as it is Saturday evening and don't really like to be messing around on streets.

A couple of signals later we get lined up again.
This time I'm ready as I know he's pissed (his driving habits after the last race indicated this.

Light turns green and he is at my rear tire for first, behind me for second, hits his rev limiter as I hit 3rd, and I'm gone. I slow down and he stays behind me until my turn off. He hit's it, so I decide to take the next turn off, but we never get lined up again.

It was one of the fastest cars that I've gone up against.

It surprised to to find these threads:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-5-0-a-10.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...tonight-5.html

My car has 116K miles on it. I do have a little bit of suspension work, 3.73's and have been playing with HpTUners a little bit, but I also have a heavy convertible, and on this occasion, 3 people in the car and well as a bunch of tools and crap in the trunk.

I often wonder if my previous owner did anything to my car, because I've run and spanked Challenger SRT, charger SRT, (hideous orange & black) Porsche GT3. The Porsche was a funny story. The only thing that I've run, but can't rally say spanked was an Audi R8. We were neck and neck most of the time. Sometimes me in front, other times he was. It was all about the driver and who got to the curve first. There were times I had to back off of him or I'd rear end him.

I guess drivers on Sunset (in Mexico) really can't drive.
I don't get how you can get any clean runs in on sunset that is damn near impossible. I live on sunset and if there isnt 50 cops out there is ALOT of traffic. Not to mention the grave size potholes lol
Old 05-15-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

uh oh i thought he was in Mexico lmao unless thats just code lol hahaha
Old 05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting story, i have a new 5.0 6 speed manual..... i have no problem putting the hurting on a bolt-on 4th gen.... it puts down 30-40 more rwhp then a bolt-on 4th gen on my dyno, has better gearing, and revs higher..... i drive both cars on a daily basis i have a good understanding on how both feel...
Old 05-19-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I am guessing it is an Auto, which on TA's is 3rd and on Camaro's is D.
This is true.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
interesting story, i have a new 5.0 6 speed manual..... i have no problem putting the hurting on a bolt-on 4th gen.... it puts down 30-40 more rwhp then a bolt-on 4th gen on my dyno, has better gearing, and revs higher..... i drive both cars on a daily basis i have a good understanding on how both feel...
I think many people on the West Side (of Mexico ) don't know how to drive their vehicle. There is a line that I love from the original Dawn of the dead movie. They are in a sporting good store looking at an expensive rifle. As one of the SWAT members looks through the scope, he tells the other "The only guy that can miss with is is the guy that can afford it"
Old 05-19-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
I don't get how you can get any clean runs in on sunset that is damn near impossible. I live on sunset and if there isnt 50 cops out there is ALOT of traffic. Not to mention the grave size potholes lol
It's horrible, especially the right lane that I was in.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds about right. I've seen new 5.0's running times slower than my car at Irwindale. Has to be a driver thing. That, or the Ford automatics are dogs.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never driven an auto 5.0

Quick Reply: Spanked a new 5.0, twice