Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters installed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters installed!

Well finally got the pacesetter LTs and pacesetter ORY in last night. It wasnt as bad as i thought i was going to be. I think the hardest part was getting all the old stuff off. I actually think the fitment of these pacesetters was pretty darn good. They tuck up there really nice. Last night i didnt grind on the K-member but as i was coming home i felt a vibration in the steering so i knew thats what it was. So this morning i checked and sure enough i could see the header up against the k-member. I did a little grinding and no more rumbing or vibration. All in all the install went smooth and the fitment of these headers and ORY is very good. I would recommned these to anyone.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the install!

I just did my install with some buddies this past Saturday... got the Pacesetters, Rumbler Catback, and Harlan Shift Light all put on. Gotta say I agree with you... the fitment of the actual headers are pretty good. Went on with little or no trouble... I notched the k-member as well to give it clearance, as it didn't seem to be touching until all the header bolts were tightened.

Did you use the Pacesetter Y-pipe? I did, and I don't seem to have many of the same kind of problems other people have had with it...
Old 02-25-2004, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When the headers were on, did you pry the header out of the way or loosen it up to grind it?
Old 02-25-2004, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

I congratulate you both on winning the Y-pipe lottery
Old 02-25-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ShadowLightCSU
When the headers were on, did you pry the header out of the way or loosen it up to grind it?
We just loosened it up... notched the k-member with the sawzall, then took the dremel to it to smooth the jagged edges.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are theyre any other options for a y-pipe, thats at a resonable price considering how much the headers cost.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShadowLightCSU
All i did was pry the headers away from the k-member and notched it a little bit, worked just fine. Oh and aslo we didnt even have to unbolt the steering knuckle, coil packs, or the starter to get these headers on. It was alot easier then i thought.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Daniels y-pipe fit pretty well, he has the stock catback (not adjustable), y is a little longer than the stock piece so we had to move the stock catback back a little. Overall i was impressed with the fitment and ease of install. About like my Qtp's except for the k-member problem.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Any leaks around the collectors? How were the welds? Any slag in the primaries?

thanks!
Chris
Old 02-26-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No leaks so far. The welds werent the best of the best but they werent bad either. I am not sure what you mean by slag? But i think these headers are worth every penny of $374.99. Before i got them i was expecting for the quailty to be down but when i finally got them i was impressed.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Used band clamps all the way around for the entire exhaust (headers & catback) and no leaks so far... I've checked it a couple of times since the install and everything's great.