Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap

I actually had all this stuff installed a while back, but I'm just now getting around to uploading the pics.

Here's all the stuff again

Got the PAC SWI-PS velcroed to the top of the unit. I get a headache just looking at those wires...

Got the headunit secured. I put some electrical tape towards the top to help block some of the bleeding light from the Humount.

Pic of the finished install, got the Humount light on.

Pic taken without the flash and interior lights on. I switched the lights on the headunit to match the rest of the red illumination.

Navigation installed.

Put the Pontiac logo as the wallpaper, couldn't find a high resolution pic of the firebird logo.

Pic showing the other "Source" options.

Picked up a new 32GB Class 10 SDHC Card, only $35 online, great deal! Already put a ton of albums and videos on it.

I installed the HD Radio module and stacked the Navigation module on top. Velcroed them together and placed them under the drivers seat. That boxy thing in the front is just a fuse box. I checked the clearance with the power seat and everything looks good. I had to route the wires behind the head unit and down through the center console and then right next to the drivers seat. I had to remove my seat to position everything correctly (wish I had taken a pic).

Pic of the navigation module. It's actually a "dock" setup, so I can eject the main navigation unit without having to unhook any wires. Makes it much easier for upgrading. I also updated the POI's from the Pioneer website (complicated process) and downloaded them to this old SD card. Card has to stay in the unit at all times to get access to the updated POI's.

Finally, here's a pic of the 3 way toggle switch I installed for the "fake e-brake". Some of the menu's and the bluetooth features require you to have your parking brake up. This isn't always feasible, so I just installed this instead. Obviously, you can use it to watch video while driving, but I'm NOT condoning that.
BTW, that red button is for my power antenna, you can read more about it in this thread.

I forgot to take a pic of this, but I installed the bluetooth microphone above my rear view mirror. I was able to tuck the wire into the headliner and then down the drivers side A-pillar and under the dash pad to the headunit. I also installed the GPS antenna in the drivers side metal tray under the dash pad.
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-1.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-2.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-3.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-4.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-5.jpg  

Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-6.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-7.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-8.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-9.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-10.jpg  

Last edited by TruBloodTransAm; 07-07-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

In case anyone is wondering why I chose a flip-out unit over the double din option, I think this looks a bit more stealth. Hopefully, a thief walking by will think this is just a regular deck, as compared to the eye candy of a double din unit.

I also get a TON of compliments on the Humount, so I really wanted to keep that as well.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There was a thread a while ago that had wallpaper images for double DIN displays - they should work with your flip-up as well:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...allpapers.html
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks real good man. But I think a thief will still know that's a flip out unit lol.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Looking good man!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Two quick questions. Can you tell a difference on a HD radio station? Also, where/which harness did you tap into to install the PAC SWI?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

OP... Think I replied to a post you had back when you recieved your stuff.. install looks great, I was wondering how the HUMOUNT would look with it, Ive been running the 6300 for awhile now too... heres my background, if you want the pic PM me and ill email it to you, it looks way better in person than my cell phone pic.., should match your car well... or another pic I jacked from a thread awhile back Ive been toying around with putting on there...
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-photo.jpg   Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap-fbird.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Two quick questions. Can you tell a difference on a HD radio station? Also, where/which harness did you tap into to install the PAC SWI?

Thanks.
I'm in a big city so I'm picking up quite a few HDRadio stations, the sound quality is definitely better than analog. I honestly haven't used it too much, my 32gb SD card has kept me busy. I just figured I'd install it now rather than later.

I tapped into the factory side harness for the PAC SWI-PS. You only need 3 of the wires for our cars. Red, black, and green, the rest you don't use or cut. Splice the green wire into the Dark Blue wire on the factory side harness. It's really easy to program after that.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

As an alternative to splicing the factory harness for the SWI (btw I used an Axxess ASWC which is dead simple), you can do what I did:

From a spare wiring harness adapter (I used my old one that I was using for my old aftermarket HU), pull one of the wire/pins. I used dark blue to match the factory harness. Then I pushed the pin into Position 14 on my new aftermarket radio harness. Presto, no butchering the factory harness! BTW, if you don't have a spare, they are only like $10 at Wal-Mart.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P6300BT install...plus other crap