LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Craig Moates is the MAN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Craig Moates is the MAN!!!!

Guys,

Just wanted to share a quick customer service story with you about Craig Moates and his shop. Last week I sent them an email on their site asking for help with my ALDL cable as I have been having "Data Err" messages alot in Datamaster and since I have pretty much ruled everything out I figured the USB convertor or cable might have an issue. Craig, sent me an email with in 2 hours asking me what style I had, so I sent him some pictures as I was not completely sure as I bought this second hand several years ago and not directly from Craig. Craig then got right back to me and told me he was not sure if the convertor and cable was his, but that he would RMA it anyway and told me to keep my old one as a spare. He then Priority Mailed me a brand new ALDU1 and CABL1 setup FREE of CHARGE and got here in 2 days!!!!! Now this has to be some of the most incredible customer service I have ever seen. I havn't had a chance to try out the cable yet as I was stuck moving my In-Laws all weekend, but I can't thank Craig enough!!!! Go with this guy (if you haven't already) as he will really stand behind his products and take care of you for a long time.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up one of his obd1 cables last month, quality piece.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moates is the only one I'll deal with for my tuning needs. Top notch and has been for many many years.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
hashtagBMW

He was really helpful when I had my APU1 and the return policy is mint.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm really interested to see if a new cable fixed your issues. I get the same Data ERR messages in Datamaster as well as trouble codes that Datamaster picks up for exactly one data entry then disappear. Also get (false?) knock readings, but they might be related to the exhaust banging on the k-member and frame a little bit.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spudnick3119
I'm really interested to see if a new cable fixed your issues. I get the same Data ERR messages in Datamaster as well as trouble codes that Datamaster picks up for exactly one data entry then disappear. Also get (false?) knock readings, but they might be related to the exhaust banging on the k-member and frame a little bit.
The cable works perfectly, however it didn't fix my issue. I switched PCM's last night to a BU I have and still no luck. I'm going to be swapping out the ground strap on the Driverside head to the body as it looks pretty corroded and see if that helps. If not then I'll learn to ignore it as the car is running fine.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craigs stuff is all I use.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DAVE00
The cable works perfectly, however it didn't fix my issue. I switched PCM's last night to a BU I have and still no luck. I'm going to be swapping out the ground strap on the Driverside head to the body as it looks pretty corroded and see if that helps. If not then I'll learn to ignore it as the car is running fine.
Get a BBC ground strap off summit. Its relatively cheap and well built.

Quick Reply: Craig Moates is the MAN!!!!