Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My D1SC will be here on tuesday!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My D1SC will be here on tuesday!

So i had an offer from a guy and he wants to trade me his basically brand new D1SC procharger kit + eibach lowering kit for my bike that ive been trying to sell. The kit only has dyno time and thats it. The only thing that i need is guages, injectors and a tune! It comes with the dual itnercooler setup, which ill probably sell and go front mount. but im stoked about it. Im probably only gonna run 7-8 psi to stay safe, and i may add a meth kit too. The car has 111k miles on it but it was well maintained. and i take care of it. I dont really beat on the car, just a weekend street car, and ill punch her down every now and then but i dont abuse it. So hopefully it doesnt explode . Im gonig to have mike norris tune it also. Mods are in my sig

Ill be really happy if the car makes 500-525rwhp. Think ill hit my goal on 7-8psi?

I am going to look into seeing waht the cost would b to have a forged rotating assembly installed into my block vs the price to buy a pre-assembled shortblock from TSP.

Comments welcome!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't see the miles being a problem. My '99 Z28 had 110,000 miles on it back in 2002 when we put a D-1SC on it. I bought the car off of Ebay back then out of Texas, rust free but high mileage. 8 psi with a good tune should give you an additional 140 rwhp or so, it makes a huge difference! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-20-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Ok kool that makes me feels better lol. What do used twin intercoolers usually go for. I like the look of a FMIC so I think Imma go that route and also buy the big red race valve just because it's loud lol.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

also bob, what pulley should i run on the blower? Hes giving me 2, ithink he said they were a 3.5, and either a 4 or 4.5... i wanna b in the 8-9psi range. What do you suggest with my mods? (Sig)
Old 08-20-2011, 04:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by allout06
Ok kool that makes me feels better lol. What do used twin intercoolers usually go for. I like the look of a FMIC so I think Imma go that route and also buy the big red race valve just because it's loud lol.
Used twin assemblies usually sell for around $500.00.

Here is a link to the ProCharger front mount that I sell. This front mount requires the use of the race valve.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ11...-1GJ115-IC.htm

If you want to see a copy of the ProCharger front mount installation instructions, send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com requesting them and I'll e-mail them to you.

Thanks. Bob

Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

also bob, what pulley should i run on the blower? Hes giving me 2, ithink he said they were a 3.5, and either a 4 or 4.5... i wanna b in the 8-9psi range. What do you suggest with my mods? (Sig)
The pulleys have their sizes stamped on them. It it is a D-1SC 6 rib system you'll need a pulley in the 3.90 range for 8 psi, if your car has headers and exhaust, and your elevation isn't too high. A 4.50 pulley will get you into the 8 psi range if it is an eight rib kit under the above conditions. Bob

How much boost the blower can produce depends on many variables.
* Cubic inch. The larger the engine the less boost it will make with a supercharger.
* Headers and exhaust. A better flowing system will produce less boost, requires a smaller pulley to regain the loss in boost. Ultimately though, more power will be gained.
* Camshaft and heads. A camshaft with some overlap will leak out some boost through the valves. Better flowing heads react a lot like a better flowing exhaust system.
* Altitude. Elevation plays a big part in how much boost is produced. Those people living in the higher elevations have to spin the blower harder to see boost.
* Condition of engine. An engine with real good sealing rings will ultimately produce more boost than one with worn rings.
* Rpm. An engine that is spun up higher in the rpm range will normally produce more boost.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

ok kool, thanks man. It is an 8-rib kit. and my elevation is 860ft. so 4.25 pulley be too much?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the link, but im going to make my own custom FMIC for about $200, but i will be purchasing the race valve from you within the next month.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok kool, thanks man. It is an 8-rib kit. and my elevation is 860ft. so 4.25 pulley be too much?
You're welcome! I wouldn't go smaller than a 4.38. Bob

Old 08-20-2011, 06:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

thanks for the link, but im going to make my own custom FMIC for about $200, but i will be purchasing the race valve from you within the next month.
That's cool, make sure you use good quality silicone, the OBX stuff rips like paper once it has a hole in it, and I've seen two pieces blow holes at just 10 psi of boost. 4 and 5 ply silicone is more expensive, but they are worth it in the long run. The CX Racing 12 x 31 x 4 intercoolers usually work well, although one guy recently got one that very restrictive, and was killing his boost. Bob

Old 08-20-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

ok thansk again, im not sure what bigger pulley he has, ill have to measure it. but if its not that one, ill order a new pulley also. Im excited about gettng this thing going. nervous at the same time. My tuner specializes in super/turbocharging and nitrous so hopefully he doesnt blow up my car lol....how long did you run ur high mileage car for with boost? how hard did ya drive it?
Old 08-20-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
That's cool, make sure you use good quality silicone, the OBX stuff rips like paper once it has a hole in it, and I've seen two pieces blow holes at just 10 psi of boost. 4 and 5 ply silicone is more expensive, but they are worth it in the long run. The CX Racing 12 x 31 x 4 intercoolers usually work well, although one guy recently got one that very restrictive, and was killing his boost. Bob
A
Yea that was the same kit i was gonna go with. "TheAlchemist" seemed to have pretty good luck with his.

Will the big red blow off valve decrease my boost any? I heard it will. I just want it for the sound.

I was also told that i could run the BOV that comes with the kit, and just vent it to the atmosphere instead of recirculating it back into the charger if i wanted it to be louder.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok thansk again, im not sure what bigger pulley he has, ill have to measure it. but if its not that one, ill order a new pulley also. Im excited about gettng this thing going. nervous at the same time. My tuner specializes in super/turbocharging and nitrous so hopefully he doesnt blow up my car lol....how long did you run ur high mileage car for with boost? how hard did ya drive it?
I took a lot of customers out for rides in it, plus it saw track time and dyno time, so it saw a lot of wide open throttle use. At 125,000 miles we got bored with it and put a MMS overdrive 6 rib pulley on it which took the boost up to 15 psi. It saw a lot if dyno tune time plus several dragstrips before we took out a piston. The car then sat for several years as we got too busy with customers cars, then we rebuilt my car for the 2007 LSX Shootout. If you click on the bottom right corner of page three of this link, you'll see an article about it from that shootout. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...out/index.html Bob

Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Welcome to the dark side! haha. Your gonna enjoy the procharger setup. I sure enjoy mine when its actually running lol. Right now its just too damn hot down here in Texas to enjoy it.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have fun and you will enjoy it!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

I can't wait. .
Old 08-21-2011, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

You should easily put down in that neighborhood with that cam. 7-8psi will be pretty safe and reliable. Have fun! Post some pics
Old 08-21-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

I will post pics. It'll ba good month or
So until I get it going. First thing I gotta do is replace the clutch. Then I have to buy injectors and gauges. Then set up an appointment for a tune.

Quick Reply: My D1SC will be here on tuesday!