Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some burnout advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some burnout advice!

i realize with more practice and experience i would pic up on this but i need some ideas! when doing my pre stage burn out more often than not one tire spins more than the other, sometimes i do an awesome burn out, but other times it ain't so great, the better the burn out usually the better the run, i even sometimes find myself letting off before i want to because the car is turning sideways! what does the car need or what do i need to learn? thanks
Old 03-05-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the car an auto or MN6? i believe you have an auto. in any case, linelocks are VERY good for quick easy burnouts. well worth the investment. many of the sponsers have them in stock. also, check to see if your posi is going out. it sounds like it. those clutches dont last forever. also if you are an auto, do the burnout in 2nd gear and keep the rpms up. in fact, that works well in an mn6 car too. lastly, make sure both tires get wet equally well before the burnout. lastly keep those rpms UP and DONT be affraid!
Old 03-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd say either posi going by by or both tires were not wet or in the water depending on if you do your burnout in or out of the box.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
is the car an auto or MN6? i believe you have an auto. in any case, linelocks are VERY good for quick easy burnouts. well worth the investment. many of the sponsers have them in stock. also, check to see if your posi is going out. it sounds like it. those clutches dont last forever. also if you are an auto, do the burnout in 2nd gear and keep the rpms up. in fact, that works well in an mn6 car too. lastly, make sure both tires get wet equally well before the burnout. lastly keep those rpms UP and DONT be affraid!
yeah it's an auto, don't know much about line locks but will look into one, the cars only got 13k on the odo so i'm hopin' the posi ain't goin, doubt it, it ain't like they both don't spin just one spins more than the other (more rubber one one fender than another) and the *** end starts to come around, yeah i do burnout in 2nd, thanks and some of us from ft. myers/naples are going to BMP next thursday night, wanna go? don't you live in ft myers/cape ?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Launching!

i've heard some goys put an air bag in the rears passenger side or is that for bad *** modded cars only?, or can i do the same thing with setting my rear hals differently?
Old 03-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02SSZ7D
i've heard some goys put an air bag in the rears passenger side or is that for bad *** modded cars only?, or can i do the same thing with setting my rear hals differently?
I've got the same question. Plus how much is the air bag? Hard to install?
Old 03-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Launching!

40 bucks i think for the bag and its real easy to install. it fits inside the rear spring. never done this or seen one but im sure im right...i cruise the interweb alot.
S
Old 03-06-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

air bag isnt worth it. your car isnt loading the suspension hard enough to need it. it is mostly manual tranny guys that run them. your car WILL turn as you have a posi rear. one side will always spin more than the other side. unless you have a locking rear that is natural. if your rear starts "walking" to the left side during a burn out, then simply turn the steering wheel the OPPOSITE direction and it will continue burning the tires and not moving around. as for milage on your car, if you are hammering it with DR or et streets, it doesnt matter how little miles you have. anyone could easily start to burn up a posi unit with sticky tires and a decent track in a matter of a few runs. remember there are clutches in a posi rear that will ALWAYS start to give up. if you are gonna stay interested in drag racing, look to thunder racing or otherr sponsers that sell a line lock. it is well worth it.

also i used to live in punta gorda (and you might remember me from sffba) but i have since moved to tampa and should be at some BMP nights this year. def at the bigger fbody/badrap meets!