Texas A&M to the SEC!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Texas A&M to the SEC!!

Looks like it's about to be official...according to ESPN.

Baylor is crying trying to get A&M to stay. Theyre scared that they will be left out and have to join the MWC or WAC. Kinda sad to see the Big 12 come to an end, but I'm happy that A&M gets to stick it to Texas.

The distribution of revenue in the Big 12 heavily favored Texas, and everyone else was living in it's shadow. Nebraska had enough last year and bolted. Honestly, they always seemed like a Big 10 team anyways.

Geographically it doesn't make sense to me to have the remaining schools join the PAC 12. But I guess Austin is full of hippies like Cali anyways

I'm honestly surprised that the BIG 12 never brings up adding TCU to the conference. Guess they're afraid they would lose out on the DFW recruits to TCU...since the kids would stay home and still play in a better conference than the MWC.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Teching In

It will be tough for a few years but think of all the recruits A&M will start to get. All the best players in Texas that want to play in the SEC will go to A&M. It's a no brainer. We already have a strong program, so this should be an exciting ride. Just my 2 cents..
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
I'm honestly surprised that the BIG 12 never brings up adding TCU to the conference. Guess they're afraid they would lose out on the DFW recruits to TCU...since the kids would stay home and still play in a better conference than the MWC.
TCU's going to the Big East
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Default All the best players?!

Originally Posted by Aggie_Ls1
.., All the best players in Texas ..
All the best players want to go to Texas. if they don't like the big city,they go to the second best team of Texas college players = OU. A&M gets the others However, they do look good this year with those guys!

Also, I don't see much of a difference in UT going to west coast or A&M to the East.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

HAHAHA the SEC is gonna stick it to ATM week after week.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

The only teams that will "stick" it to A&M will be LSU, Ark, Alabama, and Florida. The rest of the teams are up and down, year in and year out.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

A&M can't go till baylor drops the lawsuit.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
...but I'm happy that A&M gets to stick it to Texas.
Explain.

The only people A&M are sticking it to is A&M. They're going to have their *** handed to them on a regular basis in the SEC.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tripps
The only teams that will "stick" it to A&M will be LSU, Ark, Alabama, and Florida. The rest of the teams are up and down, year in and year out.
do you just exclude arkansas, who has beat yall like a drum in every meeting you guys have had?

ole miss will lay it on y'all... it's ok to admit that you guys will be the doormat of the SEC (at least in football)

might as well start following your track team and golf if you want to keep watching winners.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Domsz06
A&M can't go till baylor drops the lawsuit.
They haven't filed but last I read the Big 12 north teams + Baylor haven't waived the right to.

This is about to get interesting
Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
HAHAHA the SEC is gonna stick it to ATM week after week.
WOW - there's the class of those Bears!!!! So tell me how have them Bears been sic'em in the Big 12? You guys belong in a high school leage. A&M and Texas have been kicking the Bears *** for over 80 years!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think with all this shifting we may just end up with 4 big conferences, then maybe bcs will make some sort of playoff system! lol
Old 09-10-2011, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DAVE00
WOW - there's the class of those Bears!!!! So tell me how have them Bears been sic'em in the Big 12? You guys belong in a high school leage. A&M and Texas have been kicking the Bears *** for over 80 years!!!
Who said I was a bears fan? lol Ive been a Texas fan my whole life.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by tripps
How about Tennessee and Auburn too, so on your very BEST year you will be a 500 team.

All you Aggies forget that with you getting your *** kicked year in and year out its going to be hard to recruit top tier players. Potential players want to be on winning teams no matter the conference nor are the fans going to want to travel to the east coast for half of their games to watch them lose.

Has anyone actually seen the money side of this deal? You kids have fun getting your *** whipped every year. I still find it comical how A&M has their panties all in an uproar over the longhorn network when THEY voted to allow it

In 2016 Id love to see the BCS go away and have a playoff scheme instituted, and this move may very well help that become a reality
Old 09-10-2011, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Who said I was a bears fan? lol Ive been a Texas fan my whole life.
the REAL question is did you ever attend and or graduate from texas? or are you a T-shirt fan? Cuz then I assume you like Brady and the Patriots as well
Old 09-11-2011, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

The horns would wreck the sec. I mean garret gilbert, colts little bro. Did you guys see them lay the smack down on the mormans at dkr! You guys are right, A&M should just sit back and try to be as good as Texas. Why on earth would a team want to play against the best, it just seems so hard.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys that graduated from the schools that talk crap to the rest of us fans need to get over yourselves. Nobody cares that its "your school" or you're "real fans". Its a business. Its entertainment. Its football. And its not meant for alumni, there are a heck of alot more "tshirt" fans than "real" fans. We aren't out there cheering for an english or engineering department. its just football. So unless you actually PLAYED on the team, you have nothing to hold over the rest of us.

And that Texas wrecking the SEC comment almost made me woof my cookies.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
You guys that graduated from the schools that talk crap to the rest of us fans need to get over yourselves. Nobody cares that its "your school" or you're "real fans". Its a business. Its entertainment. Its football. And its not meant for alumni, there are a heck of alot more "tshirt" fans than "real" fans. We aren't out there cheering for an english or engineering department. its just football. So unless you actually PLAYED on the team, you have nothing to hold over the rest of us.

And that Texas wrecking the SEC comment almost made me woof my cookies.
I agree with all of this even being a UT fan. We need a better QB before we can be true contenders for anything. I think Case McCoy would be better than GG.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
the REAL question is did you ever attend and or graduate from texas? or are you a T-shirt fan? Cuz then I assume you like Brady and the Patriots as well
LOL I knew a dumb *** comment like that was coming. I didnt know you had to attend the school you root for. Im a Cowboys fan actually. Oh wait I guess I have to live in Valley Ranch to like them huh?

Quick Reply: Texas A&M to the SEC!!