Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS

So I was on the interstate a few days ago going the speed limit, 70MPH. I see a 2010 or 2011 Camaro coming up, I'm searching the grill for the badge. Since they're both red it was hard to tell at fist, but unfortunately it said RS. Nevertheless I pity people who get an RS Camaro and think they're fast. The 5th Gen. Camaro was passing me, going 75MPH or so, I nailed it, letting them hear my loud exhaust, getting all the way up to 90MPH or so then slowing back down. The 5th Gen. Camaro comes up again, still going 75MPH, about ready to pass me...I nail it again, this time hitting 95MPH and slowing down.

Finally the third time the 5th Gen. Camaro tries to pass me I roll down the window and put my hand out and give them a thumbs down, the driver, who was a young girl, mid 20's or so looks over at me and then floors it, and I hear the whinny 3.6 exhaust on that thing start to kick in. I always thought they were a little quicker, anyway she starts to leave me before I nailed it again, quickly caught up and passed her. She tries to pass me a 4th time, she's passing me slowly this time so I stick my hand out and wave her up, giving hand motions to hurry up and get along side me. She finally gets alongside me and looks over, she shrugs and shakes her head. Poor girl has probably never raced that thing in her life. At that point I just let it go, I resumed 70MPH and let her pass me. Feels good every once in awhile to let these new 5th Gen. owners know that a 10 year old V8 can still put the hurt on them, but since it was a girl who probably has no idea on anything about her car I don't feel the same satisfaction, not to mention it was just a V6.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

Really... sounds like you being a total ******* and I feel bad for the girl who I am shure is proud to have a nice new car! And if you found me on the interstate and pulled that **** you would get your *** handed to you bye the way!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sweetC5
Really... sounds like you being a total ******* and I feel bad for the girl who I am shure is proud to have a nice new car! And if you found me on the interstate and pulled that **** you would get your *** handed to you bye the way!
Don't come on here and star posting hateful stuff. I wasn't being rude to her, just getting her amped up to race, and it worked. She did race me. And I welcome racing anyone, win or lose it's still fun. There was a Lamborginni on the road the other day, I would have raced him had he not turned off soon after I spotted him.

Unfortunately I have not had the privilege of racing a 5th Gen. SS, I would like to, just to see how I'd do.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Your thread sounds like you are being a total dick, maybe you should read it again! Trying to MAKE a young girl race is not cool, I am all for a little fun on the street but I dont think I would be messing with a girl and wasting time on a v6 car.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Your thread sounds like you are being a total dick, maybe you should read it again! Trying to MAKE a young girl race is not cool, I am all for a little fun on the street but I dont think I would be messing with a girl and wasting time on a v6 car.
Well she did race, her choice.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont worry you would probly out run his 5th gen with no problem lol. His panties are in a bunch from another thread in wich ppl make fun of 5th gens. and he has little man syndrome over it! im confident he has a 4 inch weiner and stands 5'2 lol
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Don't come on here and star posting hateful stuff. I wasn't being rude to her, just getting her amped up to race, and it worked.
There is a way to get a race and there is your method.

instigating a race like doing thumbs down or speeding up so they can't pass you is douchebaggery move from you. It is exactly what I'd expect from a person who drives a honda.

To be exact, it is not a kill story... it's douchebag story. Good Douchebag move!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Agreed. That idiotic behavior, especially the hand motions, would have gotten you in severe trouble up around my neck of the woods.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Dont worry you would probly out run his 5th gen with no problem lol. His panties are in a bunch from another thread in wich ppl make fun of 5th gens. and he has little man syndrome over it! im confident he has a 4 inch weiner and stands 5'2 lol
If his signature is correct, then his car is faster. I'll let him have that. And yeah, I am part of the other thread in which people are hating on him right and left. We are all Camaro owners, don't understand why we are fighting.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 9802TransAm
Agreed. That idiotic behavior, especially the hand motions, would have gotten you in severe trouble up around my neck of the woods.
Severe trouble? What would you do? Beat me in a race? Good! I welcome races. But don't make threats over the internet, it makes you look dumb and insecure.

Last edited by WhiteKnight '01; 10-19-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Teching In

who cares what you did to get her to run at least she did. she probly liked the attention her new car got her. all women like attention. maybe you inspired her to get a clean 4th gen lol
Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Severe trouble? What would you do? Beat me in a race? Good! I welcome races.
If the person was feeling generous they'd merely call the police on you for reckless driving (around here). I've seen guns pulled on people for driving like that. You seem to not have any problem making other drivers uncomfortable. If your asking had it been me, I'd have pulled over. Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to stop. Had it been my daughter/sister/wife etc. that you were doing this to, we'd have had serious issues. Basically, what I'm getting at. Grow the **** up.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

If the person was feeling generous they'd merely call the police on you for reckless driving (around here). I've seen guns pulled on people for driving like that. You seem to not have any problem making other drivers uncomfortable. If your asking had it been me, I'd have pulled over. Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to stop. Had it been my daughter/sister/wife etc. that you were doing this to, we'd have had serious issues. Basically, what I'm getting at. Grow the **** up.
Don't make threats on the internet, makes you look dumb and insecure.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Wasn't a threat. Merely telling you another way of how this all could've turned out; and you seemed to have asked what I would have done in that situation. I understand wanting to race, but see above poster about your method being incorrect. The general consensus thus far has been that you made a dick move. Congratulations, you beat a 20 something year old girl in a V6.....big man.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

That's not a threat? Okay pal.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

That's not a threat? Okay pal.
Context is everything. Learn to read.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Teching In

I've said my thoughts, so I'll bow at now. The issue doesn't concern me in the least, I'm really just trying to suggest to you that maybe you need to go about things in a different manner, because not everyone will see things the way you do. Simply wanting to race isn't a good enough reason for the above behavior. Or keep doing whatever it is you're doing....whatever.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

I've said my thoughts, so I'll bow at now. The issue doesn't concern me in the least, I'm really just trying to suggest to you that maybe you need to go about things in a different manner, because not everyone will see things the way you do. Simply wanting to race isn't a good enough reason for the above behavior. Or keep doing whatever it is you're doing....whatever.
Bow at? You mean bow out right? You really should leave, making threats on here isn't cool.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Teching In

worst part is she prolly just finished a text or hung up her phone! this guy stayed in his lane, who gives a **** if he looked like a mime doing hand motions? I see alot worse like truckers jacking off going up the road with 30,000 pounds. quit being sissys
Old 10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
worst part is she prolly just finished a text or hung up her phone! this guy stayed in his lane, who gives a **** if he looked like a mime doing hand motions? I see alot worse like truckers jacking off going up the road with 30,000 pounds. quit being sissys
Haha, I haven't see that yet. But I don't doubt they do it.

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS