Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how much will dynamat help with keeping mycar cool?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Default how much will dynamat help with keeping mycar cool?

my acblows very cold, but it still doesnt get the car that cold........in the summer i feel a lot of heat coming from the front of the car where the motor is........i was thinkin of dynomating my car, but i didnt wanna do the whole thing since i like to hear my exhaust.......how much would it help if i just dynamated from my front seats up to the bottum of the dash?
Old 10-23-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i honestly dont think it will do much since the windshield is so big and so is the back hatch window.. do you put your ttop shades on? that helps cut down the heat alot.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Junkie

I would think it might help but I don't think it would be enough to notice. I would think that stuff is more for road noise/exterior noises more than it would keeping it cool.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't think it would do much for cooling like 9WhiteCamaro9 said it's more for sound/noises I would invest in t-top shades and tint if you don't have them already
Old 10-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah t top shades and tint will help
Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

in vegas i had my winshield tinted and all windows..it kept the car a little cooler .
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

hmmmmm yea my car doesnt have t top shades
Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when I did mine I think I did notice it stayed cooler, by a 5-8 degrees. course I did the ENTIRE car (door [inside and out], entire floor, back hatch area, t top area, firewall, sailpanels) ... Although I was going for reduced rattles and superior sound quality.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fosnot
when I did mine I think I did notice it stayed cooler, by a 5-8 degrees. course I did the ENTIRE car (door [inside and out], entire floor, back hatch area, t top area, firewall, sailpanels) ... Although I was going for reduced rattles and superior sound quality.
When I get around to having the money to buy something else to drive and be able to park my car and start re-doing every little thing I can on the car from the inside out, I'm gonna do the same to mine with it but I want it more for the noise to be reduced coming from the outside. The extra weight isn't gonna bother me any cause I'm plaining on building a motor that'll be able to handle the extra weight, , but I'm wanting something with the power that I want plus to be comfortable at the same time.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
but I'm wanting something with the power that I want plus to be comfortable at the same time.
That exactly the way I build cars. My brother in law drives a riced out integra that is gutted to the extreme and he thinks its fast as hell and I'm always tellin him I'll beat his *** anyday anytime with my a/c on and the music cranked up sippin a big gulp.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:28 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to put on something that has a thermal barrier as well as acoustic. http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-the...-material.html

Essentially, it's the layer of aluminum foil, if you want to call it that, which acts like a thermal blanket keeping out heat. It works. Ask the turbo guys who wrap things around their turbo's with the stuff.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Reflectix helped a ton with heat insulation on my floorboards on top of the stick-on sound/vibration deadening. They sell it at Home Depot/Lowes (usually). It's used to wrap water heaters. It's like aluminum bubble wrap. I put two layers above the passenger hump and one to two layers over the trans tunnel and two+ layers on the floorboard over the exhaust piping.http://www.reflectixinc.com/basepage...&PageIndex=758

I imagine if you put some additional heat shielding underneath your car (and/or peel/stick some sort of insulation to the factory heat shields), that would help as well. I just bought a HUGE roll and cut the pieces to fit. Used the leftover material for front+side+rear window privacy shades/minor heat insulation since it looks like the same material used to make windshield shades.

Last edited by ZexGX; 10-26-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 6898camaross
That exactly the way I build cars. My brother in law drives a riced out integra that is gutted to the extreme and he thinks its fast as hell and I'm always tellin him I'll beat his *** anyday anytime with my a/c on and the music cranked up sippin a big gulp.
That's what I did when I had my first car, a 2000 Dodge Neon with plans for a SRT-4 motor swap but until then, I had my car gutted but that was more for the track than anything really. With my Camaro though, I want it to have the power but the comfort to still drive it if I was to DD it for whatever reason. But that's funny about what you said regarding you brother-in-law, lol.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
When I get around to having the money to buy something else to drive and be able to park my car and start re-doing every little thing I can on the car from the inside out, I'm gonna do the same to mine with it but I want it more for the noise to be reduced coming from the outside. The extra weight isn't gonna bother me any cause I'm plaining on building a motor that'll be able to handle the extra weight, , but I'm wanting something with the power that I want plus to be comfortable at the same time.
The added weight REALLY isn't all that bad. I didn't go crazy and dynamat the entire car but I did do the whole floor and halfway up the sail panels. I weighed it and I added 11 pounds to the car. Then I took out my passenger side airbag and that deleted 8 pounds, so I'm at a net gain of 3 pounds lol. I think I've took ***** that weighed more than that

Quick Reply: how much will dynamat help with keeping mycar cool?