View Full Version : Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro

Pages : [1] 2

Mach Boy
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Cliffs at the bottom.

Unlike most people on here I just go to work and back home and that's all the driving I do in my car and it's always in rush hour. I haven't had a race since last fall when I ran the LS1 Dodge Ram. I'm driving home from work this evening in a good mood and I thought to myself it would be nice to have one race. Not two minutes later I spot a Midnight Blue (my favorite color) 5th Gen up ahead. I'm catching up but I'm also getting closer to my exit onto a connecting road that I take in my commute. He's a couple cars ahead of me in the other lane and then merged into mine. We both end up taking the same road. We get stopped at a light with him in front and me right behind him (1 lane.) He gives it some gas and I stay right behind him.

A few miles up the road divides into 2 lanes and I take the other lane and we hit a red light. He rolls down his passenger window and says "your car sounds awesome what do you have done to it?" I told him and asked if he was an auto or stick. The oncoming lane now had a turn light so green is nearing. I asked if he wanted to run up to 50 (40 limit). He said sure I'm already late for my meeting. The light turned green and we were off. I pulled a fender then hit 2nd and got a little loose in the back as I was fighting for traction. Pulled it up to almost a half car and shut down around 55 and he kept going. He kept going and then finally he slowed down. I gave a thumbs up to which he returned it. He said man I missed third.

Meanwhile a half mile ahead I see reds and blues and my lane of traffic is completely empty. I merged in behind the Camaro and got into the middle turn lane. He gave me another thumbs up as I turned off on another side road. I don't know if that cop had already been stopped or if he was waiting on us but I wasn't about to find out. There's no doubt in my mind in either scenario that he heard us.

*Cammed Mach 1 beats unknown mods LS3 by a half car from 0-55.

2SSARME
05-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I raced a fighter jet from 0-35 and pulled a car.

willys srt8
05-16-2012, 06:49 PM
The rest of this thread can be found already in progress here

http://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1544022-intake-only-2006-gto-vs-eaton-swapped-mach-1-vid-56.html

F-Body_4_Life
05-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Nice ninja editing..

Yea... I read the cliff notes then decided to read the story. If I didn't read the story I would have assumed it was a 4th gen with a LS3, usually when people refer to new Camaros the say "5th gen" or "201x Camaro SS"..

Mach Boy
05-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Nice ninja editing..

Yea... I read the cliff notes then decided to read the story. If I didn't read the story I would have assumed it was a 4th gen with a LS3, usually when people refer to new Camaros the say "5th gen" or "201x Camaro SS"..

Except when they are telling the difference between a stick or auto.

2SSARME
05-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Also the other day a scooter raced me and pulled a car on me from 0-7mph.

WSsick
05-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Good kill Rob. :)

Stopsign32v
05-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Not surprised at all. I have been really wanting to run a stock 2010 Camaro SS but every one I come across around here the owners do not race then, just putt around town.

Mach Boy
05-16-2012, 07:39 PM

I'm not too fond of going a lot over the speed limit when I'm in town during high traffic time. It just takes one person not paying attention when turning onto a road to ruin everyone's day.

Cwarta
05-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Not surprised at all. I have been really wanting to run a stock 2010 Camaro SS but every one I come across around here the owners do not race then, just putt around town.

Might be able to take a stock 5th gen....

Ill just leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XXbmYEmc4

Stopsign32v
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
^ watch out, another youtube racer!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Look at those coming soon mods!!! :gay: :gay: :gay:

Where is the coming soon rwhp and track time ratings? :rotflmao:

F-Body_4_Life
05-16-2012, 08:00 PM
How many times are you going to repost that video of that poorly driven Mach 1 losing to that GTO?

Theblacknightls1
05-16-2012, 08:06 PM

What was done to the scooter?

willys srt8
05-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Oh yeah? I have a remote controlled car that will smoke all of you to 60.

NightmareTA
05-16-2012, 09:18 PM
The rest of this thread can be found already in progress here

http://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1544022-intake-only-2006-gto-vs-eaton-swapped-mach-1-vid-56.html

^^LMAO, good call

Mach Boy, nice kill man. And holy shit...some guys on here will never give credit where credit is due. I'm almost embarrassed that my thread is still going...

:bomb:

NastyTBSS
05-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Oh yeah? I have a remote controlled car that will smoke all of you to 60.

My 4x4 RC truck will smoke your RC car till 70mph.:guns:

ohioborn80
05-16-2012, 09:57 PM
NIce kill. The 5th gen owners here used to be your 5.0 is slow. Now they have seen my cars transform and they are like ya its fast. They are more show then go. And a few of them look real cool. Just not enough hp to back it up. The only ne that does will not race. He has reasons why can't run. Was suspension. Now its tires. I am just waiting.

navyblueSS
05-16-2012, 10:07 PM
NIce kill. The 5th gen owners here used to be your 5.0 is slow. Now they have seen my cars transform and they are like ya its fast. They are more show then go. And a few of them look real cool. Just not enough hp to back it up. The only ne that does will not race. He has reasons why can't run. Was suspension. Now its tires. I am just waiting.

Some, not all. To bad you don't live closer, I know a couple that would be glad to run you.

Stopsign32v
05-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Some, not all. To bad you don't live closer, I know a couple that would be glad to run you.

Can you find me a stock one to run? I'm in upper SC.

ohioborn80
05-16-2012, 10:09 PM

How far is Houston from you?

MACH32V
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Nice kill MACH Boy. I realize it was only a short run but it would have been interesting to see one that went a little longer. Regardless, good run.

I have to say though that I really have grown to like the new Camaro body style. At the beginning I was on the fence about them but now, each time I see one, I like them more and more.:usa:
If GM could shed some weight in the next revision of the Camaro,that car will be awesome in every way. The LSX motors are great to begin with, now they just have to match them with a little bit lighter version of the current body style.

navyblueSS
05-16-2012, 10:13 PM
How far is Houston from you?

Probably around 5.5hr drive.

Mach Boy
05-16-2012, 11:03 PM
^^LMAO, good call

Mach Boy, nice kill man. And holy shit...some guys on here will never give credit where credit is due. I'm almost embarrassed that my thread is still going...

Thanks. Trolls will be trolls and fan boys will be fan boys. I knew when I started the thread that it wouldn't be long before it turned ugly. It'll be interesting to see how it turns up after a few days of not being on.

MACH32V
05-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks. Trolls will be trolls and fan boys will be fan boys. I knew when I started the thread that it wouldn't be long before it turned ugly. It'll be interesting to see how it turns up after a few days of not being on.

LOL...In all honesty....wrong car forum if you are expecting any credit for your car or how well it runs. Really sad that a few on here always have to knock other people down because of their own issues and over inflated egos..
Best to ignore them and they usually go away..

Sticks n Stones
05-16-2012, 11:54 PM

Diet Coke on this forum would walk your car, and he doesn't need a power adder. ;) Though you do make a few more horsepower then him if your dyno numbers are on a unlocked converter.

^^^^^ There, that's all this thread needed to complete the trifecta of thread killing bullshit - someone challenging you to a race against someone elses car.

2SSARME
05-16-2012, 11:59 PM
What was done to the scooter?

He took the hit.

clonedws6
05-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Mach boy. You going to be in Indy this weekend?

06vLo
05-17-2012, 02:20 AM
sounds like a fun run man. you should make it up to cars and coffee sat, And maybe afterwards we could do a little running. Im in the same boat as you i just drive to and from work and havnt got any real runs from anything other than the 5.7 bumblebee charger or whatever they are.

NiteRiderWS6
05-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Diet Coke on this forum would walk your car, and he doesn't need a power adder. ;) Though you do make a few more horsepower then him if your dyno numbers are on a unlocked converter.

^^^^^ There, that's all this thread needed to complete the trifecta of thread killing bullshit - someone challenging you to a race against someone elses car.

This!!!! :judge: Diet Cokes car is Crazy Fast. Looks like that 5th gen isnt all show

Mach Boy
05-17-2012, 05:34 AM
I'm in St Louis this weekend.

ohioborn80
05-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Probably around 5.5hr drive.

It about 4.5 for me. We should be making a trip there later this year to royal purple raceway

WSsick
05-17-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm in St Louis this weekend.

Come up to the big meet in Columbia! Going to be pretty big!

http://www.facebook.com/events/380998295252414/

HioSSilver
05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Good run machboy. I hate raceing to fast speeds also. My roll races usually go from 25 to 50 or so......no use to even change a gear in this bad mofo ::P:

ohioborn80
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM

LOL..yet he needs a huge increase in cubes engine swap to get that boat moving...and not sure he would walk me. I'm always game if they are close enough.
Also he ran. 2 slower and trapped 4mph slower. Looks like he not walking nothing n/a. Maybe with his plate kit.
And my numbers was on a locked stall locked in 4th gear.

automach1
05-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I doubt diet coke would walk you regardless

clonedws6
05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Ford defenders being nut swinging!!!!

2SSARME
05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
LOL..yet he needs a huge increase in cubes engine swap to get that boat moving...and not sure he would walk me. I'm always game if they are close enough.
Also he ran. 2 slower and trapped 4mph slower. Looks like he not walking nothing n/a. Maybe with his plate kit.

With my new setup I would walk you.
And I'm still on stock block... Just a shittier version of the LS3.

/fight

(i still love you secretly)

clonedws6
05-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Begin... Damn iPhone

NOLAG05
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
And your thread is up to 61 pages of... interesting reading...lol. OP i say you hunt down that Camaro and go to the track and take it past 50... either way good kill... would be nice to see who wins that one...

^^LMAO, good call

ohioborn80
05-17-2012, 01:09 PM
2013 GTR 545hp..101k...got pics..it walks all.

NOLAG05
05-17-2012, 01:12 PM
But falls to the ZR1 like all others...lol. Can't wait til the new Viper hits
the tracks and runs with the other Beasts on the road!!

2013 GTR 545hp..101k...got pics..it walks all.

willys srt8
05-17-2012, 01:40 PM
i just drive to and from work and havnt got any real runs from anything other than the 5.7 bumblebee charger or whatever they are.

??????????

NOLAG05
05-17-2012, 01:46 PM
think he means super bee???http://www.rumblebee.org/files/thumbs/t_2007-dodge-charger-srt8-super-bee-sa-1280x960_935.jpg thought those were 6.1 liter hemi's? of the SRT8 line... right?

willys srt8
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Super Bees are SRT8s you are correct.

ohioborn80
05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
With my new setup I would walk you.
And I'm still on stock block... Just a shittier version of the LS3.

/fight

(i still love you secretly)

I don't think so...:usa:

Tracked350Z
05-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Can you find me a stock one to run? I'm in upper SC.

I'll run that mach. I'm in sumter. Close to columbia.

Nick V.
05-17-2012, 06:40 PM
:mad:where are all the VA racers at dammit

Tracked350Z
05-17-2012, 07:21 PM

Meet me in NC and I'll run you too.

willys srt8
05-17-2012, 07:56 PM

We all moved......:bang:

Sticks n Stones
05-17-2012, 08:10 PM

It would be a good race as he could/should be around 640-650rwhp if he locked his converter. I bet he's lighter than you though. Never thought I would be able to say that about a 5th gen versus 5.0 hahaha He is at something like 3750lbs w/ driver. I'll let him do the rest of the talking as I really don't want to be doing what I was just joking about: racing someone else's car like a teenage ricer! :ban:

FlatBlackZ28
05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
^ watch out, another youtube racer!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Look at those coming soon mods!!! :gay: :gay: :gay:

Where is the coming soon rwhp and track time ratings? :rotflmao:

Expected rwhp will be whatever the world record is with similar mods. Because we all know that every cammed LS1 runs low 10's. :hail:

FlatBlackZ28
05-17-2012, 08:25 PM

The cubic inch argument is so played out....... Ford guys have been using that line for years, all the while failing to mention they have been using blowers and an extra 3 cams for a decade.

ohioborn80
05-17-2012, 09:17 PM
The cubic inch argument is so played out....... Ford guys have been using that line for years, all the while failing to mention they have been using blowers and an extra 3 cams for a decade.

FI or 3 more cams vs 100+ more cubic inches. Its all equal. No GM guys complain till they lose that the ford guys had FI or more cams.

It would be a good race as he could/should be around 640-650rwhp if he locked his converter. I bet he's lighter than you though. Never thought I would be able to say that about a 5th gen versus 5.0 hahaha He is at something like 3750lbs w/ driver. I'll let him do the rest of the talking as I really don't want to be doing what I was just joking about: racing someone else's car like a teenage ricer! :ban:

With new set up I am betting I am lighter. And then with the new parts on way. But I will be ordering a roll bar so should be about the same. I think I will still be about 100lbs lighter. Would most likely be a good run. Like said if can find a happy medium for a run I am always game.

FlatBlackZ28
05-17-2012, 09:42 PM
FI or 3 more cams vs 100+ more cubic inches. Its all equal. No GM guys complain till they lose that the ford guys had FI or more cams.

That's what I'm saying. You brought up the fact that he needed to go with big cubes to get where he got. GM guys don't bring that stuff up when they lose. They bring that stuff up when someone tries to make the "you use more cubes" or "I made more power on less cubes" argument. Chevy small blocks use a simple method to make power. Minimal valves, 1 cam and some decent cubes. HP/L, which is usually the basis of the ford cubic inch argument, means nothing and gets you nowhere, especially when FI comes into play. (Unless you are in a CI restricted racing class).

ohioborn80
05-18-2012, 05:38 AM
That's what I'm saying. You brought up the fact that he needed to go with big cubes to get where he got. GM guys don't bring that stuff up when they lose. They bring that stuff up when someone tries to make the "you use more cubes" or "I made more power on less cubes" argument. Chevy small blocks use a simple method to make power. Minimal valves, 1 cam and some decent cubes. HP/L, which is usually the basis of the ford cubic inch argument, means nothing and gets you nowhere, especially when FI comes into play. (Unless you are in a CI restricted racing class).

My point is he isn't getting it done on a stock engine like I am. Wow a SC on 10lbs boost, stock headers, stock suspension, stock tranny. And I still weigh more right now. Compared to a engine swapped 429 cu in. Lots weight reduction car. Out ET/trapped him. So shows at the track and on the street he will lose. Now he has put a plate kit on so who knows.

Heater
05-18-2012, 06:36 AM
So how much horsepower does each additional cam make?

HioSSilver
05-18-2012, 06:48 AM
My point is he isn't getting it done on a stock engine like I am. Wow a SC on 10lbs boost, stock headers, stock suspension, stock tranny. And I still weigh more right now. Compared to a engine swapped 429 cu in. Lots weight reduction car. Out ET/trapped him. So shows at the track and on the street he will lose. Now he has put a plate kit on so who knows.

10lb's of boost is huge. Don't down play it. With out losses from heat/parasitic you should about double n/a output on 15lb. There has been plenty of pick-up truck ls motors make more than you with boost.

ohioborn80
05-18-2012, 08:11 AM
10lb's of boost is huge. Don't down play it. With out losses from heat/parasitic you should about double n/a output on 15lb. There has been plenty of pick-up truck ls motors make more than you with boost.

10lbs on the set I have isn't much. Like said still on stock exhaust minus cat delete. And there is plenty of cars making more power then me. There is least 6 2011+ making over 1000whp. Plus 1 being built right now that should come close. He least has potential to do so with the TT. also I know a Guy local that is just waiting on his TT kit to show up. He already has a forged engine. And you can make that with stock cams and stock heads. It will be a while till I go to 15lbs. And when do I will actually skip over it and go to 18-20.

FlatBlackZ28
05-18-2012, 04:32 PM
So how much horsepower does each additional cam make?

Just look at the stock power difference and the power potential of a 4v and an old pushrod 5.0.

Heater
05-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Just look at the stock power difference and the power potential of a 4v and an old pushrod 5.0.

That is due to cylinder head flow.

Still waiting for someone to tell me how much hp each additional cam makes.

Slapattack
05-18-2012, 06:10 PM

You think your hot shit with that 10.6 pass dont you? You talk quite a bit of shit with stock this, stock that, blah blah blah...

bh353
05-18-2012, 06:17 PM

Im here in va beach..lol

s346k
05-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm in St Louis this weekend.we should get together for some pulls. i just put headers on the car. 99 car - lid, headers, 80 series weld in. still stock everything else. i'd like to see if i could hang with a cammed mach. but please let's go faster than 50...in all honesty i'm still spinning at that point. gotta love those all seasons.

plus i want to see if my buddy's tuning is worth a shit or not. we can do a before and after haha.

Mach Boy
05-19-2012, 07:36 AM
we should get together for some pulls. i just put headers on the car. 99 car - lid, headers, 80 series weld in. still stock everything else. i'd like to see if i could hang with a cammed mach. but please let's go faster than 50...in all honesty i'm still spinning at that point. gotta love those all seasons.

plus i want to see if my buddy's tuning is worth a shit or not. we can do a before and after haha.

Lol we can go faster than 50. The time and place just wasn't right for a high speed run.

Irunelevens
05-19-2012, 09:19 AM
You think your hot shit with that 10.6 pass dont you? You talk quite a bit of shit with stock this, stock that, blah blah blah...

Judging by your signature, you talk quite a bit of shit as well.

ponygt65
05-19-2012, 10:19 AM
:confused: Uh, They don't?....since when??
So how much horsepower does each additional cam make? 1,ooo,ooo!!!!

per Lobe!!

Just look at the stock power difference and the power potential of a 4v and an old pushrod 5.0.You're not that knowledged on modular's are you?

That is due to cylinder head flow.
Still waiting for someone to tell me how much hp each additional cam makes.No it's not.....heads flow GREAT..that's why they are never ever, ever ported on a modular.....ever...never.

You think your hot shit with that 10.6 pass dont you? You talk quite a bit of shit with stock this, stock that, blah blah blah... Uh....OKie Dokie mr. 1-month n00b. Did your mommy help you write that signature?.....since it's her car.:secret:

s346k
05-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Lol we can go faster than 50. The time and place just wasn't right for a high speed run.on what side of town is your commute? i basically only drive my car back & forth to work, as well. i work weird hours and take back roads, i don't see many cars. usually going in to work i don't see any cars, period. going home...it's a crapshoot, i don't have a consistent schedule.

let's work something out. i need motivation to mod this car. i took me 7 years to put headers on it.

Mach Boy
05-19-2012, 02:07 PM
on what side of town is your commute? i basically only drive my car back & forth to work, as well. i work weird hours and take back roads, i don't see many cars. usually going in to work i don't see any cars, period. going home...it's a crapshoot, i don't have a consistent schedule.

let's work something out. i need motivation to mod this car. i took me 7 years to put headers on it.

Between Danville and Greenwood. I can meet other times I just normally don't drive unless I need to go somewhere.

Mach Boy
05-19-2012, 02:12 PM
:confused:
No it's not.....heads flow GREAT..that's why they are never ever, ever ported on a modular.....ever...never.

the heads do flow great but to say people don't port them is dumb. The majority of NA guys don't port them is because they never go beyond boltons and you really don't need to with FI unless you're trying to gain every ounce of power.

There are good gains to be made with ported heads but if you have to pick between the heads and the intake the intake definitely needs work.

automach1
05-19-2012, 02:18 PM
what lol

Irunelevens
05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
the heads do flow great but to say people don't port them is dumb. The majority of NA guys don't port them is because they never go beyond boltons and you really don't need to with FI unless you're trying to gain every ounce of power.

There are good gains to be made with ported heads but if you have to pick between the heads and the intake the intake definitely needs work.

Sarcasm... :secret:

Mach Boy
05-19-2012, 03:30 PM

Lol I'm in study mode and read that thinking what the hell. Obviously my mind is elsewhere.

Heater
05-19-2012, 03:49 PM
No it's not.....heads flow GREAT..that's why they are never ever, ever ported on a modular.....ever...never.

Ummm, I was saying that the cylinder head flow is better on the modulars than the pushrod engines, stock for stock...so yeah I was right :)

Heater
05-19-2012, 03:52 PM

This :cool:

GtoSpd
05-19-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm not about to read thru every post in this thread. I just want to say nice kill. Being an ex owner of 3 different Machs, I know full well what they can and cannot do. I've done plenty of 12.9 passes at 110 mph with nothing more than 4.10 gears and an ORX. I have also ran a couple new stock Maros with no problems pulling them. It comes down to a lot more than what they print in magazines, but not everyone gets that.

ponygt65
05-19-2012, 10:05 PM

what lol

Lol I'm in study mode and read that thinking what the hell. Obviously my mind is elsewhere.

Ummm, I was saying that the cylinder head flow is better on the modulars than the pushrod engines, stock for stock...so yeah I was right :)

This :cool:

Seriously guys?

C'mon!!!

;)

willys srt8
05-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Between Danville and Greenwood.

Are you still in Indy?

Demon 383
05-19-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm not about to read thru every post in this thread. I just want to say nice kill. Being an ex owner of 3 different Machs, I know full well what they can and cannot do. I've done plenty of 12.9 passes at 110 mph with nothing more than 4.10 gears and an ORX. I have also ran a couple new stock Maros with no problems pulling them. It comes down to a lot more than what they print in magazines, but not everyone gets that.

:lol::lol: Sure you did buddy, sure you did...

Slapattack
05-20-2012, 12:19 AM
:

Uh....OKie Dokie mr. 1-month n00b. Did your mommy help you write that signature?.....since it's her car.:secret:

Nice one, wouldnt expect anymore out of a mustang owner. :judge:

Heater
05-20-2012, 01:27 AM

Anything more than 13's ???

clonedws6
05-20-2012, 05:24 AM
Mach boy hit me up when your back in indy

06vLo
05-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Mach boy hit me up when your back in indy

me too. Ill do some playing with my 4 door. lol

Mach Boy
05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
I should be back tomorrow. The car is eating oil bad though and I don't have a leak. This weekend keeps getting better.

GtoSpd
05-20-2012, 06:30 PM
:lol::lol: Sure you did buddy, sure you did...

Want slips, vids, or both?

ohioborn80
05-20-2012, 07:32 PM

13.75@103 wow I'm impressed.

clonedws6
05-20-2012, 08:30 PM
:( no good Mach boy. Prob meet at orielly next weekend if my wires come in

Mach Boy
05-20-2012, 09:16 PM
:( no good Mach boy. Prob meet at orielly next weekend if my wires come in

I'm going to change the oil when I get back tomorrow. Maybe I can find a cause.

jetsbaby
05-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Subscribed

Heater
05-20-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm going to change the oil when I get back tomorrow. Maybe I can find a cause.

On the Cobra's when you are losing oil with no leaks, it has hurt a piston.

s346k
05-20-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm going to change the oil when I get back tomorrow. Maybe I can find a cause.it's cool. my pinion seal is out again, which prob means the bearing is fucked as well. i just went through this shit like 3 years/20k miles ago. fucking 10 bolts. i just bought a gallon of gear oil so hopefully i can get the seal replaced before it runs out haha. i'd like to get an aftermarket gearset in it this time. i'm thinking 390s.

NiteRiderWS6
05-20-2012, 10:08 PM

LOL if you believe that his car is faster then yours :jest:

clonedws6
05-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I hope you get it figured out. Hate to see a fellow Hoosier having problems

Slapattack
05-21-2012, 12:41 AM

Mustang owners....:poke:

LOL if you believe that his car is faster then yours :jest:

hahahah...what do you expect from a new 5.0 owner with a supercharger???
They run low 11's with bolt ons......:jest:

NiteRiderWS6
05-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Mustang owners....:poke:

hahahah...what do you expect from a new 5.0 owner with a supercharger???
They run 10.99 full weight with bolt ons......:jest:

Fixed it for you :jest:

Mach Boy
05-21-2012, 02:58 PM
On the Cobra's when you are losing oil with no leaks, it has hurt a piston.

That's what I was worried about. I put some oil in before I left St. Louis and when I arrived in Indy it was at the same level as when I had left. I'm stumped at this point. No smoke and no leaks. I guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on it at this point.

Heater
05-21-2012, 05:24 PM
That's what I was worried about. I put some oil in before I left St. Louis and when I arrived in Indy it was at the same level as when I had left. I'm stumped at this point. No smoke and no leaks. I guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on it at this point.

That sounds like a good idea. If you feel that you are losing more oil than you should, I would do a compression test/leak down test on it. Real easy to do on a 4V mod motor.

2SSARME
05-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Niterider I fucking lol'd at your sig so hard.hahaha.

ohioborn80
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Fixed it for you :jest:

Ahh I see still butthurt brother...its okay..don't worry he has yet to prove shit..just like your bitch ass. Keep it real brother..stupid fuck.

NiteRiderWS6
05-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Ahh I see still butthurt brother...its okay..don't worry he has yet to prove shit..just like your bitch ass. Keep it real brother..stupid fuck.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6480885113_de4cf88fa3_z.jpg

NiteRiderWS6
05-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Niterider I fucking lol'd at your sig so hard.hahaha.

Maybe one day I can save some money and be like you v8 guys. For now I have to stick with the 3.5L v6 beast :jest:

Slapattack
05-21-2012, 10:40 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6480885113_de4cf88fa3_z.jpg

haha....thats some funny shit right there.

snake95
05-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Seriously guys?

C'mon!!!

;)

:lol: I'm not even a modular guy and I laughed at your smartass response.

snake95
05-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Maybe one day I can save some money and be like you v8 guys. For now I have to stick with the 3.5L v6 beast :jest:

You really can't find your own identity on this site, can you? You know this guy with the screen name "Stopsign32v"? He used to have BS sigs like that...about his 331...saying it made like 308rwhp when it really made 456. You're late to the party.

I can't get over that you copy the ONE guy you despise on here :lol:

I've learned enough about you :rotflmao:

NiteRiderWS6
05-22-2012, 02:52 AM
You really can't find your own identity on this site, can you? You know this guy with the screen name "Stopsign32v"? He used to have BS sigs like that...about his 331...saying it made like 308rwhp when it really made 456. You're late to the party.

To bad I have been a member on here since 07....so u think stopmen32 was the first one to do that in his sig? :swing: I did that years ago when I had an LT1 saying it was a v6 GTFO. The funny thing is we dont think about you mustang guys on daily basis....and I damn sure aint copying stopmen on anything.

snake95
05-22-2012, 03:18 AM
:lol: I wasn't around this forum then. It was just funny seeing your DA/quarter mile calculated sig (Because you run at 6000 DA with a flat tire on 22's and 6 supermodels riding along) turn into a played out bullshit one.

Like I said, I've learned as much as I need to about you lately :rotflmao:

2SSARME
05-22-2012, 03:20 AM

I use to have a GTR Camaro as my sig. Whats your point? Is the internet fucking reserved copy right shit for sigs?:swing:

Stop sucking on slowsigns nuts.

snake95
05-22-2012, 03:23 AM
I've since edited my post ^^^^ go back to your roads in Frankfurt, Germany...or Guatemala City, or wherever you are :lol:

:lol: Copyrighted shit would be if he said something verbatim (or recognizably similar).

2SSARME
05-22-2012, 03:23 AM
I was harsh towards you.

Im sorry.
:(

I'm in a bad mood because I just finished massacring my trailing arm tonight :(.

snake95
05-22-2012, 03:25 AM
I understand. Would you like a hug?

2SSARME
05-22-2012, 03:27 AM
I understand. Would you like a hug?

Kisses work better but if you will only hug then ill take that too.

snake95
05-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Damnit, I'm in IL...and my middle name is MachJuan...so you definitely wouldn't want a kiss :(

2SSARME
05-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Damnit, I'm in IL...and my middle name is MachJuan...so you definitely wouldn't want a kiss :(

Aw. My middle name is Elestu. I think we would be great together.

NiteRiderWS6
05-22-2012, 01:03 PM
:lol: I wasn't around this forum then. It was just funny seeing your DA/quarter mile calculated sig (Because you run at 6000 DA with a flat tire on 22's and 6 supermodels riding along) turn into a played out bullshit one.

Like I said, I've learned as much as I need to about you lately :rotflmao:

Dude just shut the fuck up you look stupid. Do you have any idea how many members on here run at the 1/8th with me? My times aren't DA corrected or calculated. Your just as dumb as stopsign or any other shithead mustang owner that trys to look smart but actually looks dumb as shit. Go back and research a few of my threads and see how many local members vouch for how my car runs and my times. I could give two shits what u say because bottom line is I beat alot more mustangs then I lose to. Like I said last time you own a SN95.....thats all that needs to be said about you. Watch out for those LT1's and R/T's lmao

AznMuscle
05-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Yup. This thread getting good.

wicked383lt1
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Maybe this is the scooter you raced...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cnXGFha_M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2SSARME
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe this is the scooter you raced...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cnXGFha_M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No.
It was pink.

ZFreie
05-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Dude just shut the fuck up you look stupid. Your just as dumb as stopsign or any other shithead mustang owner that trys to look smart but actually looks dumb as shit. Says the guy with the mopar...:jest:

NiteRiderWS6
05-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Says the guy with the mopar...:jest:

Mopar and AMG whats your point?

2013 426 Hemi 600hp 6-Speed looks like mopar is doing fine to me...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/292174_10150767823483854_556688853_11707285_165007 7409_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543345_10150767822938854_556688853_11707275_302299 558_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/523745_10150767822898854_556688853_11707273_176403 0075_n.jpg

ponygt65
05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Yep...some things never change. ROFL.

ponygt65
05-22-2012, 02:56 PM

:jest:

Yep...I've NEVER heard that one before...ever....never...ever...on a GM site, while P/P'ing my modular heads to fit on my '91 5.0.

:cool:

NiteRiderWS6
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
:jest:

Yep...I've NEVER heard that one before...ever....never...ever...on a GM site, while P/P'ing my modular heads to fit on my '91 5.0.

:cool:

The stupidity of the average mustang owner is ridiculous. Kind of like this kid who had a bolt on 2V with a big sticker on the back that said LS1's are Slow....You guys are characters.

ponygt65
05-22-2012, 03:03 PM
The stupidity of the average mustang owner is ridiculous. Kind of like this kid who had a bolt on 2V with a big sticker on the back that said LS1's are Slow....You guys are characters.

The stupidity of any narrow minded brand extremist is ridiculous. Mustang, import, dodge, GM......stupidity is not brand loyal. I couldn't tell you how many ignorant GM/Dodge guys I've run into (and don't get me started on the import guys).

Dodge owner: 100 HP more on a simple chip change for the challengers.

GM Owner: His V6 Fbod was faster than a V8 (didn't know what an LS or LT was) because it was made in Canada and they have a special chip that gives the V6's 300 HP from the factory.

I could go on......;)

NiteRiderWS6
05-22-2012, 03:18 PM
The stupidity of any narrow minded brand extremist is ridiculous. Mustang, import, dodge, GM......stupidity is not brand loyal. I couldn't tell you how many ignorant GM/Dodge guys I've run into (and don't get me started on the import guys).

Dodge owner: 100 HP more on a simple chip change for the challengers.

GM Owner: His V6 Fbod was faster than a V8 (didn't know what an LS or LT was) because it was made in Canada and they have a special chip that gives the V6's 300 HP from the factory.

I could go on......;)

I see your point but how many brands complain about mustang owners think about it...

ZFreie
05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Mopar and AMG whats your point?

2013 426 Hemi 600hp 6-Speed looks like mopar is doing fine to me...
So, is this where I post up a picture of a car made by chevy that I dont own thats better and say I win?

~edit~ my point was, pot calling kettle black. Up until a few years ago dodge was a joke minus the viper.

Irunelevens
05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
I see your point but how many brands complain about mustang owners think about it...

There are just WAY more Mustangs out there than any similar car...percentage wise, it's really the same for all "performance" cars.

ZFreie
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
There are just WAY more Mustangs out there than any similar car...percentage wise, it's really the same for all "performance" cars.I think I see four times as many v6 stangs then v8s, and I NEVER see v6 camaros or birds lol

I know 50+ stangs in my areas and...3 f-bodys. lol

marc97taws6
05-22-2012, 04:32 PM
There are just WAY more Mustangs out there than any similar car...percentage wise, it's really the same for all "performance" cars.

Agreed. For me, it is crazy how when you go from place to place the car crowds you see. Even in Iowa.

In Des Moines, all I see are Mustangs of any year and 5th gen Camaros. In Ames, all I see are Mustangs. In Okoboji, all I see are C5's and Mustangs.

willys srt8
05-22-2012, 04:57 PM
In the last three states I've lived in, KY, VA, GA, we call Mustangs "me toos." For example: What do you drive? A mustang. Really? Me too. LOL

whatsnext
05-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Typical charger owner... Here is a check and thanks for working on my car ,now tell me what you did and how it works so I can act like I know what's going on. J/k .......kinda

Bitemark46
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Typical charger owner... Here is a check and thanks for working on my car ,now tell me what you did and how it works so I can act like I know what's going on. J/k .......kinda

I actually was thinking the same thing while reading this thread. lol. Checkbook racers. :( I guess supporting vendors have to stay in business somehow.

willys srt8
05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Typical mustang owners in denial......

Bitemark46
05-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Typical mustang owners in denial......

WTF is a AFE stage II CAI? :jest: SRT's have different stages of a piece of plastic that mounts to a TB? If thats not a marketing tool I don't know what is. Who's in denial again?

Slapattack
05-22-2012, 07:14 PM
WTF is a AFE stage II CAI? :jest: SRT's have different stages of a piece of plastic that mounts to a TB? If thats not a marketing tool I don't know what is. Who's in denial again?

lets not talk marketing tool with ford bringing the 5.0 back.:jest:

willys srt8
05-22-2012, 07:21 PM

Wow. I'm disappointed. Of all the things that you could have gone with like number of doors or weight and you went with that.... Apparently you are showing your knowledge base of the different types/brands of components. Atleast when I talk about the Mustang I have a better knowledge base of them than I do my Charger having owned and modded multiple mustangs to the one Dodge.

Got bored and decided to come on and be the daily D-bag........

snake95
05-22-2012, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the new sig, Bitemark.

ponygt65
05-22-2012, 08:19 PM

And how many different brands/models are sold COMBINED to equal what a mustang has done since April of 1964?

Think about it.

Take simple grammar school mathmatics and add in some common sense.

No other american performance car has been produced every year since 1964. Rarely has any other model matched production numbers each year. Throw in a lower resale price and what do you have?

More mustangs on the road than any other brand...sadly, it is also more affordable so the 'younger'/less knowledged crowd can easily pick one up.
:secret:

Didn't realize a lowly ole mustang guy had to spell out the obvious to a brainiac Charger owner. ;)

willys srt8
05-22-2012, 08:54 PM
And how many different brands/models are sold COMBINED to equal what a mustang has done since April of 1964?

No other american performance car has been produced every year since 1964. Rarely has any other model matched production numbers each year. Throw in a lower resale price and what do you have?

More mustangs on the road than any other brand...sadly, it is also more affordable so the 'younger'/less knowledged crowd can easily pick one up.

Didn't realize a lowly ole mustang guy had to spell out the obvious to a brainiac Charger owner. ;)

No argument about that.

55% of the time I will stand up for the Mustang crowd. 45% of the time they are stuck on stupid. If you want to see some real delusional people check out the Charger/Challenger forums. I won't even post there..........:nono:

Stopsign32v
05-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Charger SRT8:

1/4:13.75 at 103mph

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Stopsign32v
05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I have a stage 3 thermostat

HioSSilver
05-22-2012, 09:08 PM

Think about it.

Take simple grammar school mathmatics and add in some common sense.

Just to throw a little more insight into your mustang is the greatest car of all time post.

2v stangs actually out sold ls1 Camaro's.........to me that puts Mustang owners in their own league of dumbasses ;)......I mean really ......you guys bought that shit.....l:jest::jest::jest::jest:

Stopsign32v
05-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Just to throw a little more insight into your mustang is the greatest car of all time post.

2v stangs actually out sold ls1 Camaro's.........to me that puts Mustang owners in their own league of dumbasses ;)......I mean really ......you guys bought that shit.....l:jest::jest::jest::jest:

Yet you guys swear up and down that the LS1 was touched by God, yet GM couldn't sell that shit....to the point to they had to stop making them completely after 35 years. :thinker:

HioSSilver
05-22-2012, 09:13 PM
And it took ford till 2011 just to get a n/a car to keep up. Pretty fuckin sad when you think of it.

Stopsign32v
05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
We are talking sales...

marc97taws6
05-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I actually was thinking the same thing while reading this thread. lol. Checkbook racers. :( I guess supporting vendors have to stay in business somehow.
Hey man, I lack knowledge of cars and the patience to work on them - but it is still a hobby of mine
:lol: This was great

That also led to the Camaro/Trans Am downfall
Yet you guys swear up and down that the LS1 was touched by God, yet GM couldn't sell that shit....to the point to they had to stop making them completely after 35 years. :thinker:
Yep, no denying that
And it took ford till 2011 just to get a n/a car to keep up. Pretty fuckin sad when you think of it.
Obviously they were doing something right if they didn't have to pull the plug on their car

HioSSilver
05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
We are talking sales...
That's what I was talking.....you ford guys was dumb enough to buy those heap of shit sn95 cars. Those things were horrible. Performance was low.....like really low and you still bought them....:jest:
Hey man, I lack knowledge of cars and the patience to work on them - but it is still a hobby of mine

:lol: This was great

Yep, no denying that

Obviously they were doing something right if they didn't have to pull the plug on their car
Yea they were doin something right....It's called marketing. F-body commercials are almost non existent.

marc97taws6
05-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Yea they were doin something right....It's called marketing. F-body commercials are almost non existent.

I am a GM guy but I give Ford huge props on their marketing and recent products compared to the new GM counterparts.

If it came down to it today, only reason I'd choose a 5th gen is the discounts that I could get on them through dad's GM card and family friend we know who works at Chevy dealer. If it came down to it today, I'd buy a F150 crew cab over 1500 crew cab for the space in the cab. Edge over Equinox. Etc. Etc.

HioSSilver
05-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Ford definitely markets the Mustang better. Up until very recently their truck engines was a huge piece of crap too, drive and ride was also shit. Has anyone here ever drove a 2v ford truck......that fuckin thing won't hardly move it's self must less pull anything. There marketing department has done a great job keeping them in business.

marc97taws6
05-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Ford definitely markets the Mustang better. Up until very recently their truck engines was a huge piece of crap too, drive and ride was also shit. Has anyone here ever drove a 2v ford truck......that fuckin thing won't hardly move it's self must less pull anything. There marketing department has done a great job keeping them in business.
I drove the new Eco Boost truck a few times. Buddy in college has one. 1st time I thought it was gutless torque wise. Then drove it again and it was nice. Got 24mpg on a short road trip to Iowa City and pulls his family's boat with ease. Had the seat all the way back and the guy in the backseat had LOTS of room. They are nice new trucks now.

If anything, the new Silverados with the 4.8, 5.3's are gutless power wise. But then again, so are our old LQ4's in today's standards

Stopsign32v
05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
That's what I was talking.....you ford guys was dumb enough to buy those heap of shit sn95 cars. Those things were horrible. Performance was low.....like really low and you still bought them....:jest:

:lol: You think all it takes is some commercials and BAM the F-body would have sold as much as the Mustang? You really are that stupid... :lol:

Stopsign32v
05-22-2012, 09:54 PM

The F-150 is the best selling vehicle........

in the world

Sohigh....how are you that stupid man? Tell me you are just kidding around. That way we can all have a good chuckle and say "Shoot man, you almost had me"

willys srt8
05-22-2012, 10:03 PM
The F-150 is the best selling American vehicle........

in the world

Sohigh....how are you that stupid man? Tell me you are just kidding around. That way we can all have a good chuckle and say "Shoot man, you almost had me"

Fixed

HioSSilver
05-22-2012, 10:04 PM
I drove the new Eco Boost truck a few times. Buddy in college has one. 1st time I thought it was gutless torque wise. Then drove it again and it was nice. Got 24mpg on a short road trip to Iowa City and pulls his family's boat with ease. Had the seat all the way back and the guy in the backseat had LOTS of room. They are nice new trucks now.

If anything, the new Silverados with the 4.8, 5.3's are gutless power wise. But then again, so are our old LQ4's in today's standards

I would hardley call them gutless. They were pretty much the standard as of 2-3 years ago. My lq4 2500hd pulls like a champ. I've had 16k (22k gross) behind it before and power was not the issue, single rear tires was starting to become the issue. The only thing that held them back was gm's reluctance to go to 5 or 6 speed auto's.

The new ecoboost and 6.2 they offer seem like good stuff. Pre that and I wondered why people bought that junk. It was slow, ride sucked, it took 2 blocks to turn a f-250 around, spit their spark plugs out or just plain broke offin the hole, seat would wear out in no time, extra cheesy plastic.

HioSSilver
05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
:lol: You think all it takes is some commercials and BAM the F-body would have sold as much as the Mustang? You really are that stupid... :lol:
yep....that's what marketing does dumbass.
The F-150 is the best selling vehicle........

in the world

Up until recently they were junk. Go look up a crash test of a 2v era f-150 :eek2::eek2:

Mike Morris
05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
I think there were many reasons the 4th gen LS1s were such lousy sellers compared to the Mustang. First of all most sales were to women and V6s in regards to total sales. Second to the average buyer who wanted a V8 car(and they don't mod it) the LS1 Fbody was not appealing due to the big dash,heavy doors,poor build quality GM was known for,stupid hump in the passenger side floor,terrible driving position and what appeared to be an old design(Ford updated the body style 2 twice since 1993). Plus most people that never bothered to drive an LS1 Fbody actually thought a 2 valve GT was faster due to the noise etc it made. Third gens were not reliable and a lot of Pony car owners swore them off after owning one. Ford also as mentioned heavily adverstised and supported their pony car even offering a ton of performance parts for it. Lets not mention when you went to the track back in 93-99 and most of the late model cars you saw were stangs. A real shame. Despite its flaws a 4th gen LS1 Fbody would outrun just about anything when it debuted which may explain why many people were disappointed when the 5th gen SS debuted...

Bitemark46
05-22-2012, 10:24 PM

You gotta start somewhere. I just put in 32 valve springs and 4 cams in my cobra. You want to talk about nervous when I fired it up. I was shitting bricks that I had the timing wrong and I was going to get PTV. Prior to that the farthest I got into the motor was taking the intake off and doing all the other stuff like gears, exhaust, wiring, drivetrain, suspension, etc. Just read up/research and take pictures. If you took it apart it can go back together.

I did get frustrated a few times while doing it..I just turned the mechanic light off and walked inside the house. I was done for the day/night.

As far as the mustang vs camaro sales... for the 2 1/2-3 yrs my wife drove her 01' z28 it broke a widow motor (very common I'll even exclude that), a starter relay (2x), a ignition relay (2x), 1 coil, and a tranny mount. They are just built different than a mustang. I feel like the mustang was built better just that the camaro had a stronger motor.

I'll own another another one (well she'll drive it) once the kids get out of the car seats.. Just the 5th gen styling hasn't really grew on me yet like I thought it would. And I'm not really a fan of the 05+ mustang style either.

HioSSilver
05-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Good points Mike......but I love the driving position:drive: . Heal/toe rev match down shifting is a pain it the ass in a Stang for me, the pedal positions suck ass.

I can't complain about build quality. My car seems to be holding up pretty well overall. Other than the shit I have tore up it has only needed the drivers window motor.

marc97taws6
05-22-2012, 10:32 PM
As far as the mustang vs camaro sales... for the 2 1/2-3 yrs my wife drove her 01' z28 it broke a widow motor (very common I'll even exclude that), a starter relay (2x), a ignition relay (2x), 1 coil, and a tranny mount. They are just built different than a mustang. I feel like the mustang was built better just that the camaro had a stronger motor.
Despite how much I hate the build quality of Fbodies, I'll likely end up in another one. Not too many cars out there say "I'll eat you" like a black 98-02 ws6 does in my opinion

NiteRiderWS6
05-22-2012, 10:38 PM

The stage 1 is a basic intake the stage 2 is a CAI with a ram air type setup and it dynos about 10rwhp more. Its more expensive so yes they make them in stages.

Theblacknightls1
05-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Ok now I'm curious what a stage 3 CAI does lol

2SSARME
05-23-2012, 12:21 AM
stop writing fucking essays

glennster
05-23-2012, 07:39 AM
I think there were many reasons the 4th gen LS1s were such lousy sellers compared to the Mustang. First of all most sales were to women and V6s in regards to total sales. Second to the average buyer who wanted a V8 car(and they don't mod it) the LS1 Fbody was not appealing due to the big dash,heavy doors,poor build quality GM was known for,stupid hump in the passenger side floor,terrible driving position and what appeared to be an old design(Ford updated the body style 2 twice since 1993). Plus most people that never bothered to drive an LS1 Fbody actually thought a 2 valve GT was faster due to the noise etc it made. Third gens were not reliable and a lot of Pony car owners swore them off after owning one. Ford also as mentioned heavily adverstised and supported their pony car even offering a ton of performance parts for it. Lets not mention when you went to the track back in 93-99 and most of the late model cars you saw were stangs. A real shame. Despite its flaws a 4th gen LS1 Fbody would outrun just about anything when it debuted which may explain why many people were disappointed when the 5th gen SS debuted...
I agree except when the 5th came out in 09 it did own the mustang and challenger, then came the 5.0 and SRT8 and chevy did nothing.

Mike Morris
05-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Thats true but I am not talking about its class. A 4th gen LS1 would outrun some Vettes,RX7,3000GT,Supras,300ZX TT(96s last year) etc which cost a lot more, in the straights and a couple of ticks behind a Viper. A 98GT vs a 98 Z28 was UGLY(15 sec secon car that could do 130ish MPH vs a low 13 second car that could do 155)-much more so than a 09 GT vs 10 Ss) They were monsters and a good bang for the buck back in the day. I think a lot of people were expecting another straight line monster in the 5th gen which it really is not despite being a much all around better car.

Heater
05-23-2012, 08:04 AM
The Catfish front end didn't help the Camero either.

FlatBlackZ28
05-23-2012, 08:54 AM
The Catfish front end didn't help the Camero either.

As many people still say today, it was the appearance of the front end and the sound of the car that didn't appeal. Plus, when you look at the base price of a Z28 in 1993 and the base prices from 98-02, it's not hard to see why there would be a decline. Base MSRP of a Z28 in 93 was something like 16k.

HioSSilver
05-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Lt1's would lay the smack down on the old foxes and sn95 cars in so many ways. I remember when the lt's debude in show room stock racing at Sebring. The lt's had a whole back stretch lead in just a few laps......you did'nt even know Mustangs ran in that class.

big hammer
05-23-2012, 11:32 AM

last fall i bought a new crew cab sierra with the 6.2. it has gobs of power and gets as good or better mileage than my 09 5.3 did.

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Lt1's would lay the smack down on the old foxes and sn95 cars in so many ways. I remember when the lt's debude in show room stock racing at Sebring. The lt's had a whole back stretch lead in just a few laps......you did'nt even know Mustangs ran in that class.

93 Lt1 did lay out a few but the 96 cobra it didn't but the ls1 shut them all down

big hammer
05-23-2012, 11:40 AM
93 Lt1 did lay out a few but the 96 cobra it didn't but the ls1 shut them all down

hmm a 96 cobra and a ws6\ss lt1 were very close.

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Cobra was still faster was close but 1/4 cobra was faster.

big hammer
05-23-2012, 11:43 AM

they were both higher 13 second cars.

HioSSilver
05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
96 cobra's were a decent run with the edge goin to the lt car.......and once mods began it was no comparison, lt all day.

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 11:59 AM

I said was close but cobra was faster even dynos higher than a lt1

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 12:00 PM
96 cobra's were a decent run with the edge goin to the lt car.......and once mods began it was no comparison, lt all day.

1/4 it still was steep gear good sticky tires they ran pretty good. Mustang shine at the track.

1_MEANZ28
05-23-2012, 12:01 PM
I said was close but cobra was faster even dynos higher than a lt1
lt1's took em out quick style and they still do to this day!

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 12:03 PM

Not really I don't see to many fast lt1s.

Mike Morris
05-23-2012, 12:12 PM

I remember the first Lt1 I drove brand new. It felt like a rocket ship compared to a stock fox top end. I remember how pissed I was when the SN95 debuted and it was SLOWER than the car it replaced. We all thought and were told by the mags it would have a Gt40 5.0 motor in it standard. No dice. What a let down. 96 was another one.

96 Cobra was faster well driven. Thats the key. It was so undergeared and people didn't rev it high enough.

hmm a 96 cobra and a ws6\ss lt1 were very close.

Not with good driving they were not. Top end the Cobra could pull it.

I went mid 13s in a Cobra. Many people like Mike Smith,Bob Cosby,David T,Mod father and other guys from the Corral back then went low 13s. Was not easy to do though.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

1_MEANZ28
05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Not really I don't see to many fast lt1s.

the ones u come across are probly high milage lt1's with stock weak tranny..

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 12:24 PM
the ones u come across are probly high milage lt1's with stock weak tranny..

Probably true.. When I had my ls1 it wasn't even close even fully built ones.

big hammer
05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
both cars had some hero runs. but on average both ran higher 13's.

ponygt65
05-23-2012, 02:29 PM

2v stangs actually out sold ls1 Camaro's.........to me that puts Mustang owners in their own league of dumbasses ;)......I mean really ......you guys bought that shit.....l:jest::jest::jest::jest:greatest car of all time? really? mmm'ok.

Um, yes....it totally outsold it. Don't get all butthurt now.

And it took ford till 2011 just to get a n/a car to keep up. Pretty fuckin sad when you think of it.:gtfo: Seriously? So the 4V's don't 'keep up'? Really? :judge:

Obviously they were doing something right if they didn't have to pull the plug on their carBingo!

That's what I was talking.....you ford guys was dumb enough to buy those heap of shit sn95 cars. Those things were horrible. Performance was low.....like really low and you still bought them....:jest: Oh man...the Irony....ROFLMBO. Holy crap that's hilarious. :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

~mid/high 13s low performance..... then I guess Fbod's have really low performance too. :secret:

Ford definitely markets the Mustang better. Up until very recently their truck engines was a huge piece of crap too, drive and ride was also shit. Has anyone here ever drove a 2v ford truck......that fuckin thing won't hardly move it's self must less pull anything. There marketing department has done a great job keeping them in business.Tis why my expedition had the 5.4L triton.

The stage 1 is a basic intake the stage 2 is a CAI with a ram air type setup and it dynos about 10rwhp more. Its more expensive so yes they make them in stages.:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: ROFLMBO...that is TOO much. So, what stage do you have if you have a stage III CAI, and a stage II NOS kit, and a stage IV suspension kit, and a stage VIII driver's side seat, and dub-6's?

Just so i know where I'd be if I ever owned a dodge.
Ok now I'm curious what a stage 3 CAI does lol I'mma transform ya, I'mma transform ya....comes to mind.

So, you're comparing a 93-96 vehicle to a pre-94 vehicle, then only refering to GT's; ignoring the Cobra's all together.

Yep, that's an open minded view point. :zzz:

ROFL,.....and what's with you calling everyone a Dumb'A, yet have spelling issues? :confused:
96 Cobra was faster well driven. Thats the key. It was so undergeared and people didn't rev it high enough.

I went mid 13s in a Cobra. Many people like Mike Smith,Bob Cosby,David T,Mod father and other guys from the Corral back then went low 13s. Was not easy to do though. Bingo.

Mike Morris
05-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Actually an LT1 could beat a 94-95 Cobra(not 95 Cobra R) as well:(

NiteRiderWS6
05-23-2012, 03:12 PM
greatest car of all time? really? mmm'ok.

Um, yes....it totally outsold it. Don't get all butthurt now.

:gtfo: Seriously? So the 4V's don't 'keep up'? Really? :judge:

Bingo!

Oh man...the Irony....ROFLMBO. Holy crap that's hilarious. :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

~mid/high 13s low performance..... then I guess Fbod's have really low performance too. :secret:

Tis why my expedition had the 5.4L triton.

:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: ROFLMBO...that is TOO much. So, what stage do you have if you have a stage III CAI, and a stage II NOS kit, and a stage IV suspension kit, and a stage VIII driver's side seat, and dub-6's?

Just so i know where I'd be if I ever owned a dodge.
I'mma transform ya, I'mma transform ya....comes to mind.

So, you're comparing a 93-96 vehicle to a pre-94 vehicle, then only refering to GT's; ignoring the Cobra's all together.

Yep, that's an open minded view point. :zzz:

ROFL,.....and what's with you calling everyone a Dumb'A, yet have spelling issues? :confused:
Bingo.

you can LOL all you want but I gained +11rwhp going from the Mopar CAI to the AFE Stage 2. The sound alone was worth it even if it gained 0

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: ROFLMBO...that is TOO much. So, what stage do you have if you have a stage III CAI, and a stage II NOS kit, and a stage IV suspension kit, and a stage VIII driver's side seat, and dub-6's?

We've been through this before... The "AFE Stage II" is the name of the CAI just like "K&N FIPK". Pay attention maybe you'll learn somthing other than Fu*kin' Old Rebuilt Dodges.

Heater
05-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Lotta butt hurt up in here :swing:

Jay z28
05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I went from a '95 GT to a '95 Z28 and the difference was ridiculous. My '95 LT1 was still walking '08 GT's. I would laugh at how pissed the Mustang guys would get after seeing my taillights. Haha It was even a drivers race against a local '02 SC Saleen!

Ford had their heads up each others asses until 2011 with exception to the '03-04 Cobra. Sorry Mach guys. Not giving your cars any credit on this one. :lol:

ponygt65
05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Actually an LT1 could beat a 94-95 Cobra(not 95 Cobra R) as well:(This is true...but it was a better race than a GT. And, I was referring to the 4V Cobra's since he said sn95s, not limiting it to 5.0s only.

you can LOL all you want but I gained +11rwhp going from the Mopar CAI to the AFE Stage 2. The sound alone was worth it even if it gained 0Wow...so no tune, no nothing but a couple of clamps and screws and you gained +11rwhp?. Interesting.

and I was laughing at the different stages of a frickin' CAI. not the gains; regardless of what you made with or without a tune added.

We've been through this before... The "AFE Stage II" is the name of the CAI just like "K&N FIPK". Pay attention maybe you'll learn somthing other than Fu*kin' Old Rebuilt Dodges.well genius; I didn't know K and N had stages to their CAI's. That's good to know.

I'll be sure to paypal you $5 so you can pay attention....cause if you had been; you'd know that I stopped coming to this site for quite some time due to the ignorant brand loyal tards. If you actually knew me, you'd know that I know more than just First On Race Days. But thanks for the ignorant judgment. ;)

Lotta butt hurt up in here :swing:
Stop with the accurate observations. ROFL.
I went from a '95 GT to a '95 Z28 and the difference was ridiculous. My '95 LT1 was still walking '08 GT's. I would laugh at how pissed the Mustang guys would get after seeing my taillights. Haha It was even a drivers race against a local '02 SC Saleen!

Ford had their heads up each others asses until 2011 with exception to the '03-04 Cobra. Sorry Mach guys. Not giving your cars any credit on this one. :lol:Uh, so you walked 3V's, but was a drivers race against an '02 S281SC?...ROFL..you do realize that those cars are pretty identical in ET right?. LOL

And as for the Mach reference, you've obviously not raced someone who knew what they were doing.

For all you Gm brand loyalists, I had .5-1 car length on an LT1 Z in my stock '65 K-Code Coupe Gt. Does that mean they are a drivers race?...no, that means that one driver couldn't drive for crap. I know an LT1Z is not a high 14 second car. Try pullin' your heads out of your bowties.:swing:

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 06:04 PM
I'll be sure to paypal you $5 so you can pay attention....cause if you had been; you'd know that I stopped coming to this site for quite some time due to the ignorant brand loyal tards. If you actually knew me, you'd know that I know more than just First On Race Days. But thanks for the ignorant judgment. ;)

You need to read my other post and you would know that I am not a Dodge loyalist. However, I have been a Ford/Mustang guy since I have been driving and have had many Mustangs. I would normally side with the Mustang crowd in an argument but not when they ignorant on the subject. This would be the first Chrysler, other than a few Jeeps, that I have owned and apparently, you have no clue about them. Maybe you could use the $ to buy a clue and check yourself before you start waving the brand loyal banner.

Jay z28
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Uh, so you walked 3V's, but was a drivers race against an '02 S281SC?...ROFL..you do realize that those cars are pretty identical in ET right?. LOL

Not at +5000-6000DA they aren't. You do realize that N/A cars are affected by elevation more than boosted cars, right? LOL

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Well I beat my friends auto 2000 z28 in my 99 cobra3 times.. Well until I blew 3rd gear. Doesn't mean my cobra is faster at all just means his ass needs traction and he needs to stop trying to run me from a 40 roll. Lol

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 06:40 PM

Now you're just being a brand loyalist. The 96-98 4.6 Cobra was not faster than the LT1 SS. You can look at any road test or comparison, fastest list, whatever. The SS was faster 0-60, quarter-mile, top speed, road course, etc.

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Brand loyalist ? Lol me ? Please post it. Prove me wrong than show me a comparison test if I wrong than I'm wrong

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Btw I owned 8 fbodys 2 being lt1s and 1 iroc the others ls1s

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Again, no way a modular SN95 Cobra was pulling an LT1 SS at any speed.

I went mid 13s in a Cobra. Many people like Mike Smith,Bob Cosby,David T,Mod father and other guys from the Corral back then went low 13s. Was not easy to do though.

I don't recall anyone ever going bottom 13s in one. I was very much up on these cars since their introduction in 'late 1995 and I just simply don't recall anyone going that quick in a Box-stock 96-98 4v.
On the other hand, GMHTP went 13.3@106 in a stock 6spd/hardtop/cloth 96 SS with the mighty Evan Smith piloting the car. Car Craft went quicker than that with a stocker.

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Brand loyalist ? Lol me ? Please post it. Prove me wrong than show me a comparison test if I wrong than I'm wrong

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/112_9510_svt_cobra_vs_z28_camaro/viewall.html

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0602gmhtp_chevy_camaro_ss_vs_ford_svt_cobra/index.html

http://www.stangbangers.com/96_CobraVsCamaroZ28_Article.htm

http://www.stangbangers.com/96_CobraVsCamaroVsFirebird_Article.htm

and some random comparisons

93 Z28 Vs. 93 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/93_Cobra...28_Article.htm

93 Z28 Vs. 93 Vette Vs. 93 Formula Vs. 93 Viper Vs. 93 Cobra Vs. 93 Typhoon Vs. 93 Vette ZR1
http://www.stangbangers.com/93_Cobra...on_Article.htm

94 Formula Vert. Vs. 94 Cobra Vert.
http://www.stangbangers.com/94_Cobra...rd_Article.htm

94 Z28 Vs. 94 GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/GT_vs_Ca...8_Article1.htm
http://www.stangbangers.com/GT_vs_Ca...8_Article2.htm

96 Z28 Vs. 96 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/96_Cobra...28_Article.htm

96 SS Vs. 96 Formula WS6 Vs. 96 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/96_Cobra...rd_Article.htm

98 Z28 Vs. 97 Cobra.
http://www.stangbangers.com/97_Cobra...28_Article.htm

98 Z28 Vs. 98 Formula Vs. 98 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/98_Cobra...rd_Article.htm

98 Z28 Vs. 98 Roush Stage III GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/98_Roush...SS_Article.htm

99 Z28 Vs. 99 GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/99GT_vs_...8_Article1.htm

99 SS Vs. 99 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/99Cobra_...SS_Article.htm

01 SS Vs. 01 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Cobra...SS_Article.htm

1994 Mustang GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/94_GT_Article1.htm
http://www.stangbangers.com/94_GT_Article2.htm Include concept drawings

1999 Mustang GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/99_GT_Article.htm

2001 Mustang Bullit
http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Bullitt_Article2.htm
(This is also the article where Muscle Mustang&Fast Ford's ran a bonestock SS 12.9 in the 1/4)

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 07:01 PM

I don't recall anyone ever going bottom 13s in one. I was very much up on these cars since their introduction in 'late 1995 and I just simply don't recall anyone going that quick in a Box-stock 4v SN95.

On the other hand, GMHTP went 13.3@106 in a stock 6spd/hardtop/cloth interior '96 SS with the mighty Evan Smith piloting tje car. Car Craft went quicker than that with a sticker.

Please post comparison.

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Is that enough?

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Lol how is the camaro faster than the firebird ?

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Is that enough?

That's a ls1, so did you read the article?

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Says camaro faster by a little bit than the cobra but faster by a little than the firebird. : /

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 07:13 PM
That's a ls1, so did you read the article?

Dude look up^ at the rest I posted.....

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Dude look up^ at the rest I posted.....

I did but you added in a ls1 so I didn't get that part whole different animal. I don't see how a camaro faster than a firebird one article and vise versa in another article. Maybe all is a drivers race :confused:

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
I thought I left that one off the random list so I added it later. The pic is of the hero run article that the Camaro guys like to try to use as the typical time for the stock LS.

92builtbird
05-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Not at +5000-6000DA they aren't. You do realize that N/A cars are affected by elevation more than boosted cars, right? LOL

...Not all the time. Turbo cars lag at higher elevation.

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
I apologize for any broken links in my previous posts. I haven’t used them in forever.

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Btw I owned 8 fbodys 2 being lt1s and 1 iroc the others ls1s

I called you brand loyal because you made an statement without doing your research. Sorry if I offended you. Here's your article. http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/n20lt4/CobraVsZ28SSvsFormulaWS6_Article1d-1.jpg

FYI, my old Fully-optioned, Sebring Silver Leather/T-top 97 SS/6spd went consistent 13.7-8 @ 104. :usa:

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Please post comparison.

Comparison posted. ;)

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Another thing that stuck out to me in that comparison above...most people claim the magazine guys can't drive, however the guys at C&D did much better at the drag strip than Scott Kalida, who is a professional racer. :lol: How ironic

willys srt8
05-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Sorry..... Stupid links..... You will probably have to cut and paste into bar but I checked that all the articles are still there

87 GT Vs. 87 IROC-Z
http://www.stangbangers.com/87_MustangGTvsCamaroIROC-Z_Article.htm
89 IROC-Z Vs. 89 Mustang LX Vs. 15 other cars
http://www.stangbangers.com/89_LX5-0_vs_Competition.htm
90 Camaro RS Vs. 90 Mustang LX
http://www.stangbangers.com/90_LX5-0...RS_Article.htm
93 Z28 Vs. 93 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/93_Cobra...28_Article.htm
93 Z28 Vs. 93 Vette Vs. 93 Formula Vs. 93 Viper Vs. 93 Cobra Vs. 93 Typhoon Vs. 93 Vette ZR1
http://www.stangbangers.com/93_Cobra...on_Article.htm
94 Formula Vert. Vs. 94 Cobra Vert.
http://www.stangbangers.com/94_Cobra...rd_Article.htm
94 Z28 Vs. 94 GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/GT_vs_Ca...8_Article1.htm
http://www.stangbangers.com/GT_vs_Ca...8_Article2.htm
96 Z28 Vs. 96 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/96_Cobra...28_Article.htm
96 SS Vs. 96 Formula WS6 Vs. 96 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/96_Cobra...rd_Article.htm
98 Z28 Vs. 97 Cobra.
http://www.stangbangers.com/97_Cobra...28_Article.htm
98 Z28 Vs. 98 Formula Vs. 98 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/98_Cobra...rd_Article.htm
98 Z28 Vs. 98 Roush Stage III GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/98_Roush...SS_Article.htm
99 Z28 Vs. 99 GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/99GT_vs_...8_Article1.htm
99 SS Vs. 99 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/99Cobra_...SS_Article.htm
01 SS Vs. 01 Cobra
http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Cobra...SS_Article.htm
1994 Mustang GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/94_GT_Article1.htm
http://www.stangbangers.com/94_GT_Article2.htm Include concept drawings
1999 Mustang GT
http://www.stangbangers.com/99_GT_Article.htm
2001 Mustang Bullit
(This is also the article where Muscle Mustang&Fast Ford's ran a bonestock SS 12.9 in the 1/4)

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Why does it show cobra faster than ws6 but slower than the ss ? I did look it up and I ran some back in the day never beat a 96 cobra in my 94 z28 well my stock one.

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 08:40 PM
I also seen a article running a 13.6 Or 13.8 it beat the ls1 in the clip I seen but was a comparison test as well

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Why does it show cobra faster than ws6 but slower than the ss ? I did look it up and I ran some back in the day never beat a 96 cobra in my 94 z28 well my stock one.

I have no idea on that one. Maybe this WS6 they tested wasn't as strong as the average who knows.

The 96 SS was basically a Z28 with a good intake system and one of the best LT1 exhausts for its time, if you ordered yours with the optional SLP "2 on the left or 2OTL". And lastly a refined suspension and wider 275/40 17" tires.

Irunelevens
05-23-2012, 09:02 PM
There were several examples of some well-known people, some members of this forum, who ran bottom-13s in their stock 4v Cobras.

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 09:05 PM
There were several examples of some well-known people, some members of this forum, who ran bottom-13s in their stock 4v Cobras.

Could you point them out? Link?

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 09:06 PM
I know I have seen some article of some 13 sec passes that article only shows cobras doing low 14s

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 09:07 PM
I been looking for the Link compares the 98 ls1 against a 98 cobra

Irunelevens
05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Could you point them out? Link?

I remember the first Lt1 I drove brand new. It felt like a rocket ship compared to a stock fox top end. I remember how pissed I was when the SN95 debuted and it was SLOWER than the car it replaced. We all thought and were told by the mags it would have a Gt40 5.0 motor in it standard. No dice. What a let down. 96 was another one.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta read the thread ;)

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Gotta read the thread ;)

I read that already. Kind of skeptical to go by word of mouth on this one though. lol

Irunelevens
05-23-2012, 09:52 PM
The person who posted that and the people he was talking about are well-known in automotive circles... I wouldn't doubt anything they said.

Theblacknightls1
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1WF3fx9ys&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mike Morris
05-23-2012, 10:07 PM

I don't recall anyone ever going bottom 13s in one. I was very much up on these cars since their introduction in 'late 1995 and I just simply don't recall anyone going that quick in a Box-stock 96-98 4v.
On the other hand, GMHTP went 13.3@106 in a stock 6spd/hardtop/cloth 96 SS with the mighty Evan Smith piloting the car. Car Craft went quicker than that with a stocker.

I do. Been involved with them since 91. Ill post some vids. Bob Cosby was a moderator on Corral

That red SS that was used in mag tests was a big ringer and was discussed to death back in the day on Z28.com/Corral. An LT1 SS will not trap 106 MPH stock by any means showroom stock

I owned both cars brand new and modded-a 96 Cobra will out pull any stock LT1 fbody top end. I can get a 96 Cobra in the mid 12 easy at full weight without going into the motor either. LT1s with a stock ten bolt at full weight were a bit harder to do that...

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 11:00 PM
The person who posted that and the people he was talking about are well-known in automotive circles... I wouldn't doubt anything they said.

I wouldn't say all that. Reminds me of when Bob and I had a dispute ovet at LS1.com about his low 11-sec "bolt-on" car ('99 Cobra), and soon it was discovered that car actually had forged internals (and God knows what else). When it comes to drag racing I take just about everything I hear with a grain of salt.

Irunelevens
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Forged internals do nothing for performance.

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 11:20 PM
I do. Been involved with them since 91. Ill post some vids. Bob Cosby was a moderator on Corral

That red SS that was used in mag tests was a big ringer and was discussed to death back in the day on Z28.com/Corral. An LT1 SS will not trap 106 MPH stock by any means showroom stock

I owned both cars brand new and modded-a 96 Cobra will out pull any stock LT1 fbody top end. I can get a 96 Cobra in the mid 12 easy at full weight without going into the motor either. LT1s with a stock ten bolt at full weight were a bit harder to do that...

No "Ringer" at all. lol There were about 4 or 5 mags alone (GMHTP, Car Craft, C&D, etc) that trapped 104-6. I trapped 103-104 on a regular basis. Being the previous owner of an LT1 SS I can assure you no stock 4v SN95 will pull an LT1 SS up top, down low, midrange or anywhere else for that matter. The LT1 SS made more horsepower and torque, and was geared much better than the 3.27-geared Cobra. To say one won't trap that is silly when Evan Smith did it, one of the main editors of one of the premier Ford magazines.

Funny thing is, id be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to show me a road test/track vid off a STOCK 96-98 Cobra going anything faster than high 13's, despite the claims.

As for LT1's getting into the 12's, that's easy. Full bolt-ons , gears, and tire and walaa..

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Forged internals do nothing for performance.

Think about what you're saying. That car had higher compression pistons and lighter rods and crank. That accounts for an increase in performance.

Irunelevens
05-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Cobra crank is forged from the factory...who ever changes those?

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Cobra crank is forged from the factory...who ever changes those?

I don't think you're getting it. I said "lighter" crank & rods, as in less reciprocating weight, as well as higher compression pistons. :)

Irunelevens
05-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Is there a mod list you'd like to provide for the car in question?

UBoysPlayBall?
05-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Is there a mod list you'd like to provide for the car in question?

:lol: Reaching low now eh?

This was 2007 so unfortunately no. But since you say you're familiar with Bob you should already know the details. :)

Irunelevens
05-24-2012, 12:04 AM
No reaching here, you brought it up. I figured you would remember some details.

clonedws6
05-24-2012, 01:19 AM
To say a 96-98 cobra will out perform an lt1 ss is just insanely stupid

Bitemark46
05-24-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't recall Bob ever saying he went low 11's with the stock longblock. After he built his motor for the season when he won FS in NMRA then yes it had a cast crank(lighter), factory rods, and flat tops (10.5:1...stock was 9.85:1). He was allowed a valve job per the FS rules and had to use stock OEM cobra cams. His car made 356rwhp. In FS trim it did go mid 11's on a 275 BFG DR (class requirement). On slicks with the weight taken out (mod motors got a weight hit) it did go low 11's. I think his fastest pass on the stock longblock (not FS trim) was 11.6X.

FWIW, my VERY first pass down a drag strip ever was in my 98 which was stock down to the filter. I went 14.3@100mph....with a 2.33 60ft. It was during the summer here in FL at night. So I'm sure in good weather conditions and a decent 2.0 I'm sure I could have went 13.8ish.

Heater
05-24-2012, 06:42 AM
LT1's are like wine, each passing year they get better and better :bs:

HioSSilver
05-24-2012, 07:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1WF3fx9ys&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Haven't you been beat by enough ls cars to know that's not gonna happen.

There used to be a whole group of 4v cobra guys at my local track struggleing to go high 13's with bolt-ons.

ohioborn80
05-24-2012, 08:10 AM
I had a 97 cobra in 2001. Simply cause could.not find a 2000+ SS. Any way stock car went 13.9. Did TB,exhaust,coldair,pulleys,and a tune. Best I got out of it was a 12.7. I forget trap speeds. I was able to beat Z28's on average both stock. And a few SS's. But. 8 out of 10 SS would beat me stock. My buddies 97 ws6 I was able to edge out both stock. We both did basically same mods he was walking me every time. After getting ass handed to me by ws6/SS with same mods I had no issue ex wife taking car in divorce.

Mike Morris
05-24-2012, 08:41 AM
No "Ringer" at all. lol There were about 4 or 5 mags alone (GMHTP, Car Craft, C&D, etc) that trapped 104-6. I trapped 103-104 on a regular basis. Being the previous owner of an LT1 SS I can assure you no stock 4v SN95 will pull an LT1 SS up top, down low, midrange or anywhere else for that matter. The LT1 SS made more horsepower and torque, and was geared much better than the 3.27-geared Cobra. To say one won't trap that is silly when Evan Smith did it, one of the main editors of one of the premier Ford magazines.

Funny thing is, id be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to show me a road test/track vid off a STOCK 96-98 Cobra going anything faster than high 13's, despite the claims.

As for LT1's getting into the 12's, that's easy. Full bolt-ons , gears, and tire and walaa..

Lot of fail in your post. Mag times? You got be kidding me. Cobra was tough to drive and most main street mags couldn't drive to save their life. Evan Smith runs at private track rentals at Etown and weighs as much as a can of soda. Oh yea Evan best in a 96-98 Cobra was mid 13s at 104MPH at Atco. I was there. Stock LT1 trapping 104 MPH-no way. An SS offers no more power potential over a Z28 plus it weights more. LT1s running 12s with bolt ons-that tough but doable and you cant run tires on an M6 car or kaboom. Like I said I own both-one you learn how to drive one an LT1 will get inched and pulled up top. Ill convert some vids. As far as Bob I didn't really follow his black 99 Cobra once it got past bolt ons

To say a 96-98 cobra will out perform an lt1 ss is just insanely stupid

Great post.

clonedws6
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks ;)

Jay z28
05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Why does it seem that almost no one knows how to drive Mustangs properly? That always seems to be the case. :lol:

Bitemark46
05-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Why does it seem that almost no one knows how to drive Mustangs properly? That always seems to be the case. :lol:

Because many of them are afraid to twist it up to their stock redine of 6800. lol. I'm not kiddin either. I get in shift discussions on SVTP with them. They shift at 6k. I just laugh.

whatsnext
05-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Because many of them are afraid to twist it up to their stock redine of 6800. lol. I'm not kiddin either. I get in shift discussions on SVTP with them. They shift at 6k. I just laugh.

^ This times a thousand!

Mach Boy
05-24-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think you're getting it. I said "lighter" crank & rods, as in less reciprocating weight, as well as higher compression pistons. :)

You didn't say that at first though. Not until after he had said forged internals do nothing. On that note I have forged internals with stock compression and those internals are probably heavier than my stock ones. I had that done as a precaution if I ever threw a big shot of nitrous on the car (which I have not). But a forged block doesn't mean jack.

HioSSilver
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM

^ This times a thousand!

My buddy's 2000(both are cars were new back then) cobra seemed liked it just ran out of breathe at high rpm. It would still rev but had no steam left.

whatsnext
05-24-2012, 11:43 AM
My buddy's 2000(both are cars were new back then) cobra seemed liked it just ran out of breathe at high rpm. It would still rev but had no steam left.

The data log's from my highest trap speeds had me shifting at 6700rpm.

Bitemark46
05-24-2012, 01:05 PM

Even if it "feels" like it ran out of power you still should shift over where it peaks at otherwise during the next gear change you'll be way to low in the band. Stock n/a cobras peaked between 6k-6200 so add 500 rpms to that and you get redline. I've done tons of passes and experiemented with it. Same principle should apply with any motor really.

ponygt65
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
You need to read my other post and you would know that I am not a Dodge loyalist. However, I have been a Ford/Mustang guy since I have been driving and have had many Mustangs. I would normally side with the Mustang crowd in an argument but not when they ignorant on the subject. This would be the first Chrysler, other than a few Jeeps, that I have owned and apparently, you have no clue about them. Maybe you could use the $ to buy a clue and check yourself before you start waving the brand loyal banner.
Are you serious?.......At what point did I call you brand loyal. Quote it!.

Looks like I need to send you $10. :gtfo:
Not at +5000-6000DA they aren't. You do realize that N/A cars are affected by elevation more than boosted cars, right? LOL SMH :secret:

Because many of them are afraid to twist it up to their stock redine of 6800. lol. I'm not kiddin either. I get in shift discussions on SVTP with them. They shift at 6k. I just laugh. BINGO!!!

My buddy's 2000(both are cars were new back then) cobra seemed liked it just ran out of breathe at high rpm. It would still rev but had no steam left. Really?.....He had a '00 Cobra?......Dude.....Cobra R's are frickin RARE!....Kudos to HIM!.

(sarcasm)

Seriously, you're arguing/debating and saying we have no clue what we are saying, yet your buddy had a '00 Cobra.?. :judge:

Even if it "feels" like it ran out of power you still should shift over where it peaks at otherwise during the next gear change you'll be way to low in the band. Stock n/a cobras peaked between 6k-6200 so add 500 rpms to that and you get redline. I've done tons of passes and experiemented with it. Same principle should apply with any motor really.

Stop bringing intelligence into the discussion. Dis IZ DEE InterWebZ. No place for that crap!

(FYI to those that don't know......Mach's shift even differently, yet most think they should shift the same as a cobra because they are 4V as well. Anyone care to tell me why that is?):cool:

willys srt8
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM

Is this you responding to my statement? When you get up to speed on SRT8s let us know. Until then it's just blah blah blah Mach 1 blah.........

ponygt65
05-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Is this you responding to my statement? When you get up to speed on SRT8s let us know. Until then it's just blah blah blah Mach 1 blah.........

I said "due to the ignorant brand loyal tards." If you included yourself in that statement, that's on you. I did not say you are a brand loyalist. It's really not that difficult to comprehend. I said those people are why I stopped coming here for a while. Is English a second language for you? I can translate if you'd like.

Taking things a lil personal are we? :secret:

Jay z28
05-24-2012, 03:01 PM
SMH :secret:

Really? Don't like the fact that I made a valid argument to back my claim that you called BS on, huh? Don't worry, I'm sure your Mustang buddies still think you are cool even after I made you look stupid. ;) :lol:

willys srt8
05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I said "due to the ignorant brand loyal tards." If you included yourself in that statement, that's on you. I did not say you are a brand loyalist. It's really not that difficult to comprehend. I said those people are why I stopped coming here for a while. Is English a second language for you? I can translate if you'd like.

Taking things a lil personal are we? :secret:

Nope. Not taking anything personal at all. Just bored. But you directed that statement at me. In fact, I am a huge Mustang fan and about to buy another one hopefully. I love Machs and have several vids of racing them with my Mustang club. But, When people(not saying it was you) come in stating that the Mach is faster stock v stock than an SRT8 they need to go blow that smoke up someone else. I'm not biting. We don't have to agree with or like the competition but let’s at least try to deal in facts. People don’t like magazine times…. Well If they have a better collection of reproducible, accurate data at their disposal I’m listening. Until then it's blah blah blah.....

ponygt65
05-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Really? Don't like the fact that I made a valid argument to back my claim that you called BS on, huh? Don't worry, I'm sure your Mustang buddies still think you are cool even after I made you look stupid. ;) :lol:

ROFLMBO......mmm'ok CoolGuy.

Yep..all the regulars in here really think you made me look stupid. you got me. :jest:

you totally had me. I mean, who would've thought an LS1 N/A would run faster than an N/A 3V, yet the same as an FI PD 2V NE because of 5-6k DA. Kudos to you on making me look stupid.

(see what I did thar? ;) )

ponygt65
05-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Nope. Not taking anything personal at all. Just bored. But you directed that statement at me. In fact, I am a huge Mustang fan and about to buy another one hopefully. I love Machs and have several vids of racing them with my Mustang club. But, When people(not saying it was you) come in stating that the Mach is faster stock v stock than an SRT8 they need to go blow that smoke up someone else. I'm not biting. We don't have to agree with or like the competition but letís at least try to deal in facts. People donít like magazine timesÖ. Well If they have a better collection of reproducible, accurate data at their disposal Iím listening. Until then it's blah blah blah.....

I was just stating why I had not been around to hear the explenation of stages for CAI on the SRT8s on this site as a response to one of your posts.

:cheers: