General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Finally bought LTs for my WS6..just a couple of questions though....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought LTs for my WS6..just a couple of questions though....

Just bought some BBK LTs and y pipe and i had a couple of questions:

-I cant remember what article i read on here, but do i need to buy new front o2 sensors from a 2002 Vette?
-I do plan on plugging up the AIR pump (but im leaving it in until i get the tune for it.), can anyone tell me the necessary plugs to use?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

you either use the vette o2s or buy the o2 extensions.
The reason for the vette o2s is because they have longer wires which eliminates any need for extensions. You have to do this because the headers os bung are farther down stream and stock os wire will not reach.
Im running denso vette o2s. I like the longer wires and it eliminates and extra wire connection vs the extensions.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread may interest you about the 02 extensions...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...vette-o2s.html
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Eh, i looked at that article and thats a fantastic idea that guy came up with, but since im doing my LTs i might as well do new o2 sensors. Does the Vette o2 sensors have the same connection then the f-body o2 sensors?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthWeaponLS1
Just bought some BBK LTs and y pipe and i had a couple of questions:

-I cant remember what article i read on here, but do i need to buy new front o2 sensors from a 2002 Vette?
You can do that or buy the extensions.
-I do plan on plugging up the AIR pump (but im leaving it in until i get the tune for it.), can anyone tell me the necessary plugs to use?
You dont really need to plug off the AIR, you will be deleting the AIR tubes to the manifolds as these are race headers but if you have EGR you will need a blockoff plate for the intake as you will have to delete that also, unless you go with an LS6 or different intake.

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
This thread may interest you about the 02 extensions...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...vette-o2s.html
Thats a great writeup but I dont recommend this to people that arent good with wiring, comfortable with or have some experience taking apart a PCM connector. Damaging a PCM connector or misrouting wires could cause more problems than the money saved buying extensions.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Yea, im not that comfortable with messing with the PCM connection at all lol Besides, seems elementary to replace the o2 sensors while installing my LTs, just gives me a little bit more piece of mind. I asked about plugging up the AIR pump since i`ll keep it in there until i get the time and money to tune the car, I really dont want to leave the AIR pipes unplugged on the pump side, is there some sort of rubber caps or anything i could use? Its just a temp fix for the time being.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Used C5 Z06 02 sensors and u can just unplug the air pump wires so it dont kick on but it will turn on you check engine light but wont hurt the way the car runs.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Removing the air pump will not effect performance. Just remove it, all it will do is throw a code that will already be thrown because of the missing cats/ rear o2 senser.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Heres another question i have and this is a question to those of you who have installed LTs and didnt get a tune right away. It seems like money wise, i may not be able to get a tune until early next year, so my question is - how has your mileage been effected due to the LTs and no tune? Im just trying to get a general idea on what im about to experience lol

Quick Reply: Finally bought LTs for my WS6..just a couple of questions though....