Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd try 84 blazer swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2nd try 84 blazer swap

so I had this blazer back in 2010 that I was planning to do a lsx swap I had most of the parts but ended up selling it to a buddy of mine. He put a lot of work into the the blazer rebuilt the whole frt end lowered it with spindles and springs cleaned up all the rust and fixed the the rust holes and por 15 the whole floor and frt frame rails. Well he was trying to sell the truck cause he bought a new ram and he works out on the oil rigs so he has no time he ended up selling the motor he built for it and he was asking 900 bucks for the truck, so I made a deal with him that he jumped on, hes building a house soon and since I use to work for a window/door and framing company I told him ill do his installs plus some cash with the blazer. So that's how I got my Blazer back. so now I picked up a complete 5.3 motor trans wiring etc... from work for less than 500 bucks, I had ordered the H3 oil pan, mounts and headers from summit racing which I should see some time end of the month, I was looking at keeping the truck intake and try and clean that up but I kinda like the look of the victor jr intake plus I plan to add some form of power adder down the road.
Plans for the truck.
slowly Im wanting to build a protouring style blazer with 18" wheels maybe some z06 wheels, with some kind of gfx like the extrems have. Right now the goal is to get it running a driving than do the upgrades for performance.
ill have pics soon just gotta have them transferred from my other computer.
sorry for the long intro.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Launching!

what gen of blazer? How you getting summit to your place?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Its a 1st s10 blazer and summit is shipping fedex they show u the dutys and what shipping cost before u complete ur order it only cost 580 shipped with duty and i live out by the 59er
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Cool man check out my build, in my blazer.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...uild-pics.html here you go
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

got some packages today

I was pretty pumped when these came in now I can put the pan on the motor and put the trans and motor in the blazer to free up some room at my dads shop.
also I sandblasted my valve covers and extra water pump

I plan on removing the coil mounts and filling in the center lines for a smooth looking valve cover.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

So im getting ready to put a fuel parts list together im goin to go with some aftermart rails just wanna know what kind of lines i should get im goin to run a vette fuel filter and 2000 blazer tank and pump so ill be running line frt to back
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Launching!

I have a stock fuel rail from a 2001 c-5 vette. Not sure what your plans are .
Old 02-22-2013, 06:32 AM
On The Tree

Im probley goin to keep the truck intake for now just to keep cost down ls1 intakes have gone up in price since the last time i bought one, right now im just tryin to figure out if i put in a sending unit from a 94 blazer if it will work with the 2000 blazer cluster i have? 2gen blazer tank and unit i had lined up guy sold it on me.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill look into the sending unit issue for ya, Just bear with me. Im a busy guy. Looks like your well on your way to getting the swap completed this time around!!

Bill

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Yea i broke down and sold the firebird to pay some bills and than side jobs started picking up and the big plus was i didnt have to pay for the blazer just my labour which was a big money saver im hopin to to get this blazer up and running soon pretty much got everything just the little stuff now
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Well things didnt go as plannes this weekend I was goin to pick up the blazer but where it is was so snowed in that we need a loader to clear the snow but that wasnt happening this weekend, but i did buy a complete ls1 intake and a pcm with a stock start up tune. Also while watching the walking dead i started to go through my engine harness getting ready to trim it down, i will be ordering bp fuse and relay box and new injector ends for the engine harness, and one more item i got from work was a set of projector with low and hi beam in one so ill be building a set of headlights for this build, ill have pics soon the wife is hoggin the lap top at them moment.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Launching!

I might have a sending unit from a 93 s-15 jimmy in a box of spare parts. I'll try get into the shop and see what I have for you. I also have a set of stock injectors from a 6.0 truck engine, not sure if that would work for you or not.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
I might have a sending unit from a 93 s-15 jimmy in a box of spare parts. I'll try get into the shop and see what I have for you. I also have a set of stock injectors from a 6.0 truck engine, not sure if that would work for you or not.
Pm has been sent to you
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

while I have been waiting for this snow to metl so I can get the blazer out of the storage compound I been busy with my wiring harness, and also picked up a ls1 intake and pcm with Camaro tune and vats removed for start up.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the harness is all planned apart and ready to swap out the injector ends and start to figure out how long I wanna make it, Im goin to be mounting the pcm inside the cab under the dash to keep wiring down under the engine bay.

[IMG][/IMG]

here are a set of projectors I had from another project from a few years ago, If do keep the stock frt end im goin to use them, but not sure yet I have a complete Colorado frt clip for the swap but not sure if I feel like taking on that project just yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I intake I got from a member off here came with 36lb injectors, Ill be taking the intake to work to strip off the blue paint might keep it blk or paint it silver.

that's all for updsates at the monet
Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Well i booked my hoildays from from in 2 weeks to pull my blazer out of storage so i can drop the motor and trans in place since my dads shop will be free during the week im off, i brouhgt my fuel rail into work to sandblaster it and have them painted silver and the intake im painting silver as well, to ground off the coil mounts from my valve cover and gave them to a buddy of mine to fill in the holes that are left and my brother is goin to powered coat them silver or maybe blk not sure yet. Still waiing to hear buck on a fue sending unit for my blazer, the tuned pcm should be in this week and i can finish up my engine harness. I found some pics of the blazer when i first got which ill post after work
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Launching!

I totally forgot about sending you pics of the fuel sending unit. I was in the garage today lokoing for some other items that somebody els wants to look at. I'll get the pics off to you this weekend unless you have something else linded up already. What are you doing for gauges and sending units for the gauges?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

well I have a gauge cluster out of a 2001 blazer and a 2001 Silverado I was planning on using with my dash swap I was planning on doing with a 2001 trans am dash but from what I have been reading the fuel gauge may not work so I was looking at running an aftermarket gauge for the fuel system
Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

so bit of an update, my tuned start up pcm came in this week, and I had found some stock 28 lb injectors to use for my start up on the motor since the 36lbers will be a little much, I was goin threw my shed and my wiring stuff I ended up finding the injector ends need for ls1 injectors so I started on the injector harness.

this time I used my kitchen table for this task way better than working on the floor. I pick up the blazer but a change in plans, It goin over to a buddys place for now since my dads shop isn't goin to ready, my brother is redoing another mustang so its full once again. but I can still sneak my engine in the shop to clean it up and put on the swap pan and mounts and header to check for header to block clearance. than it all will go to my buddys place and be dropped in place, just gotta haul all my tools and engine crane over there. Now for another issue getting the rest of the parts ill be needing for the fuel system is goin to have to wait a lil longer cause I picked up another project which is my new tow rig

picked this one from work for 2500 bucks 2003 avalanche z71 5.3 with only 81kms

this is the bad it was hit in the pass rear door had 16k in damage, so working at a wrecking yard I got 2 complete 2drs for 100 bucks and used lower box and rocker along with center pillar for 150 not bad at all. the truck should be heading over to the frame shop to pull the damage rocker and take care of everything it needs for what I was priced of 500 bucks to make it look like new. so the funds I had for the blazer will be goin into this new toy unitl is on the road, but that dosent mean I wont be doin work on the blazer, I still have lots to do on it that wont cost me cash right now so stay tuned everyone
Old 03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

so today I picked up the blazer from its sleeping spot man with the snow we had sure didn't make it easy.

got here out

engine bay awaiting its new heart

Im pretty happy that the truck is out of the storage yard and over at my buddy place which I plan to drop the engine in place at hopfully soon, I Had finished up all the wiring on the intake area of my harness just need to put the intake on the engine with the headers to see where the o2 wiring will go and the temp and maf.

Quick Reply: 2nd try 84 blazer swap