Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Maximizer 4 + Lingenfelter Launch Control (LNC-003) Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX Maximizer 4 + Lingenfelter Launch Control (LNC-003) Wiring Diagram

So, I think I have this all figured out. Looking for confirmation.

Goals:
-Able to use LNC-003 with OR without nitrous (own switch)
-When using n20, maximizer will activate n2o as soon as launch occurs (LNC deactivates)
-Line Lock is only used on burnouts, using a toggle (on-off) switch instead of momentary (would really like someone to confirm I only need to use the 2 poles, and dont need a relay with an RSD solenoid)
-Able to add in wideband input for safety shutoff

Here is how I sit:

Last edited by Juicedh22; 04-10-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looks like you have it down, the only thing i see is that you will want a separate relay for the stand alone. As far as the line lock goes you normally don't need to use a relay because the solenoid is very low amp draw.

Trey
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Yea, I have a relay for the standalone, just didnt put it on this schematic. Thanks for the verification and input!

Oh, one more question... I think I read somewhere that if I use the wideband, I cannot use the progressive portion of the controller? Or did someone just get confused and mean I cannot use the 2nd stage with the controller?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

To do the AFR Correction mode it does require using both stages of out puts to control each solenoid individually so it leave no room to control the second stage.

Trey
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Thats what I thought. Though not sure I will use it for much Correction, moreso for safety cut-off.

For general correction, what I am actually going to do is use EFI Live nitrous tables in COS5. I went to a wet shot from a dry shot, not because I felt it was more 'safe' but because I wanted to take the load off of my stock fuel pump (changing the fuel pump in my car is a PITA, that I'd like to avoid). So I am running a stand alone fuel kit to spray race gas to get the 'general tune'. And in order to fine tune, instead of adjusting the fuel pressure, I am going to use the fuel multiplier tables to correct where I need to, to get just the right amount through the injectors. That way the correction/fine tuning can be on a per RPM basis.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

schematic updated so it is more clear, in case others want to use it...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default line-lock

We have seen over 20 amps on some line-lock solenoids so I would double check what the actual current draw is from the line lock you have before assuming you don't need a relay.

Also, I would recommend a TVS diode be used on the line-lock solenoid. All of the line-lock solenoids we have tested are very noisy (some worse than others) and the fly-back voltage can destroy electronic equipment including nitrous controllers, ECM, etc.

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
I looks like you have it down, the only thing i see is that you will want a separate relay for the stand alone. As far as the line lock goes you normally don't need to use a relay because the solenoid is very low amp draw.

Trey
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Jason! It looks like there are all kinds of TVS diodes out there, any recommendations on specifically what I should get? I will also confirm with RSD what they say the draw is, as well as measure it.

Quick Reply: NX Maximizer 4 + Lingenfelter Launch Control (LNC-003) Wiring Diagram